• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best karaage chicken anywhere on Oahu?

nono

DIS Veteran
We love seafood, but also love karaage. Anyone have a favorite place to get some that is open presently? THX!

Almost all Japanese restaurants will have good karaage. I like the udon place in Waikiki. Marukame Udon Waikiki. Always long lines. And they also have fried stuff and all good.

One of our favorite places for food is Aiea Bowl, the restaurant is called The Alley. The food is amazing, we love the oxtail soup but their fried chicken and desserts are delicious too. This area isn’t too far from airport and is worth seeking out!

Gazen Izakaya and Torae Torae are my favorites. I think there are two classifications of Japanese food here - local-style, slightly Americanized cuisine, and “real” Japanese food similar to what you would find in Japan.

Most izakayas have excellent Japanese food, karaage included. If you‘re looking for a quick style service type meal, Musubi Iyasume has excellent bentos.

Matsuzaka-tei serves the best Japanese meals under $12, but I don’t think they have karaage chicken.

One of our favorite places for food is Aiea Bowl, the restaurant is called The Alley. The food is amazing, we love the oxtail soup but their fried chicken and desserts are delicious too. This area isn’t too far from airport and is worth seeking out!

Their lemon crunch cake is the best!!!

These all look fantastic. Thank you! We ended up making some last night, but we always seem to want more! And corgi_monster to you point about Americanizing the taste, my daughter made some kewpie sriracha mayo to dip the karaage... :poop:

These all look fantastic. Thank you! We ended up making some last night, but we always seem to want more! And corgi_monster to you point about Americanizing the taste, my daughter made some kewpie sriracha mayo to dip the karaage... :poop:
Lol, Japanese people put Kewpie on everything 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter