Best Hotel to Stay at Disney-Non propery

TexasCourt

DIS Veteran
Hey Guys,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me the best hotel to stay at in Anaheim that is walking distance to the parks? I tried to make a reservation to one of Disney's hotels, but with all of them being close to $300, I just can't do that. Please let me know your opinion. :earsboy:

Thanks!
Courtney

I love HoJo's (Howard Johnson), 10 minute walk to gates, spacious rooms, very clean and well kept, balconies and pretty grounds. You can get good rates thru various fan web sites or (if you're lucky and plan ahead) an extremely good rate with Entertainment card if you call them directly.
http://www.hojoanaheim.com/laughingplace/
or
http://www.mousesavers.com/hojo.html

For my October trip I found a better rate at Best Western Park Place Inn (via best western web site, manager's special) then Hojo's . The Park Place Inn is directly across the street from Disneyland at the main crosswalk, has free continental breakfast, refrig and microwave in rooms. http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwes...5E35B0A05F4DC4E3329B81D868?propertyCode=05470

If you want to stay at one of the superior hotels, you might consider Anaheim Marriott - it's very nice, and you can walk to Disneyland/California Adventure, though it would be better to take the ART shuttle, especially after a long day at Disneyland.

Another option that a lot of people like is the Candy Cane Inn. It is smaller, more like a motel, but they have a pretty decent deluxe continental breakfast, and it has a lot of repeat guests who enjoy their stay & service there.

My DS and I stayed one night at the Fairfield Inn by Marriot accross the street next door to Mc Donalds. Nothing fancy but the staff was great upon arrival, and they called later to leave a message asking if there was anything we needed to please call (to me this is just good customer service whether it really means anything or not-it's the gesture that counts). We were on the 9th floor facing Space Mountain. The rooms do not have balconies but I must say that the room was immaculate-including the bathroom. The beds were very comfy and there were extra pillows. Oh! and Disney pics on the walls to keep you in the magic of it all even if you were not on sight. I got the room through Priceline for $45 for the nite (Friday) so I did not have to drive home but it felt like a 24 hour "Minnie" vacation because of this hotel. We have found a new favorite place to stay in Anaheim. The cross walk is only "2" hotels away so it is a close walk over to the Disneyland Resort. :earboy2:

I also like Fairfield Inn because is it clean and close, everything that I need in a room we just sleep in ! LOL We have also stayed in Coast Anaheim and Mariott Suites Anaheim! Both are clean hotels with nice friendly staff. Coast is a block and a half away, while Mariott is further down across from that Target Store. Oh! Last I stayed at Mariott Suites, it was last minute and the price was $150 a night. :earseek:
It really depends what you are looking for! To really get an idea I would try Expedia.com. They have lots of photos of hotels and their rooms. Additionally, I believe there is a map of all the hotels in the area on the official Disneyland web site. If you use those two sites you should be able to come up with the perfect hotel and the perfect distance for you!

P.S. It really is a whole different experience if you stay on site though! It just always seems more "magical"! :earboy2:

My friend and I are staying at Candy Cane Inn in 3 days, we've heard nothing but good things about it, the hotel website is www.candycaneinn.net and I will post pictures and a review when I return!!

Jules

We stayed at HoJo and loved it - although its cheap, the rooms and service were superb. No breakfast (you eat across the street at Mimi's) but a great on-site shop and heated pool. Just 10 minutes walk.

But with either HoJo or Candy cane you can't go wrong - both get great reviews here and on trip advisor.com they rate 2nd and 3rd in Anaheim (after the Grand Californian, but at a fraction of its price).

Difference seems to come down to:
Candy Cane has a free breakfast
HoJo has a pool and bigger rooms

I had the same question and put up a poll. We ended getting reservations at Best Western because it's across the street, it was in the lead at the time and for what we want for a breakfast it was fine. It was also $10 less a night than HJ, and so we'll spend the $70 on a nice meal out.
Here is the poll I put up:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=905410

I don't know when you're going or for how long, but today I saw on Marriott's web site that the Anaheim Marriott has a AAA Disney 2-night package for $419 plus tax. It includes accommodations for 2 nights, breakfast for 2 each morning (kids 9 and under eat free from kids' menu), 2 3-day park hoppers, and free parking (regularly $15/night). I got that rate for a weekend in March 2006. http://marriott.com/property/proper...oms=1&numberOfGuests=2&marriottRewardsNumber=

I recommend either the Anaheim Hilton or Marriott. We had great experiences at both. The Hilton is great because you can see the parks. The Anaheim Resort Transit was great from there also. We could have walked but didn't since the shuttle was so good.

I note someone said you can get a good rate at hojo's with an entertainment card, how good of deal? I have been considering getting an entertainment card and if it helps a lot We went to DL last April and are dying to go back.

abby said:
I note someone said you can get a good rate at hojo's with an entertainment card, how good of deal? I have been considering getting an entertainment card and if it helps a lot We went to DL last April and are dying to go back.

We booked in May for our November trip and got an entertainment rate of $49. That is for a deluxe room with 2 queens, building 2 facing the (quiet) pool. (No disney view) It is my understanding that they have a limited number of rooms available at that rate. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter