Best hotel near Vancouver port?

Raya

DIS Veteran
We're currently booked at the Pan Pacific, but at $550 a night it's more expensive than a Disney Deluxe resort! Can anyone recommend another hotel near the port that's a touch more reasonable? I'd like something safe and clean, nice/pretty would be good too but isn't as important.

Try the Hyatt Regency Vancouver on Burrard St.

You can see it from Canada Place and is only a few blocks away. Stayed there several times. It is a nice property with great rooms and bathrooms, especially if you get one with a balcony.

I just put in a random date for later this month showing a rate much lower than yours.

Staying in downtown Vancouver can be very expensive. We stayed at the Sheraton Wall Centre on points. We loved the hotel, the views, and the location. It was walking distance to the port, if you didn't have luggage. We took a cab, which was quick, and inexpensive.

MUN

Thoughts...
  • the most convenient hotels are adjacent to the cruise terminal. Thus the highest prices
  • the downtown is a very compact. Lots of hotel choices to meet all budgets. Multi-night budget travelers often look to the Blue Horizon.
  • for those arriving the night before and departing cruising the next morning (no time for sightseeing shuttles)..... the airport suburbs offer great savings.
  • the cheapest is sleeping under the cruise terminal (some locals do that). I don't recommend it for you.
  • @Raya.... what's your sailing date? What dates do you need a room? We can provided targeted suggestions based on availability.

We especially enjoy Sutton Place (and the connected condo type property Le Grande Residence), Hyatt Regency, The Listel on Robson.

In 2003 we stayed at Westin Grand pre and post honeymoon cruise (and we were going out of Ballantyne then, not the nearby Canada Place that you are) and we've also enjoyed Westin Bayshore.

We are staying at the Bayshore by Westin. It's close, nice and we got a great deal through lastminutetravel I believe. I've heard amazing things about the Pan Pacific and wish we were staying there.

I'll be at the Sylvia in Vancouver. It has 2 queen beds. Which was my #1 priority. Now my daughter said its haunted on some website. Well what 100 year old building isn't!

We're staying at Hyatt Regency. We booked through Hotwire. I chose to have a 4 star or better near the port and that's what they gave me for $280 a night (including all taxes and fees). Needless to say I was very happy with what they gave me. We're doing the 8/8 cruise.

We're staying at Hyatt Regency. We booked through Hotwire. I chose to have a 4 star or better near the port and that's what they gave me for $280 a night (including all taxes and fees). Needless to say I was very happy with what they gave me. We're doing the 8/8 cruise.
We are at the Hyatt regency prior to the 8/8 cruise too! Can't wait!!

The HR has the coolest elevator system. You don't walk up and press a button. Instead you stop at a kiosk, enter where you're going, and it assigns you an elevator. Incredibly efficient. Though confusing for those who aren't paying attention, ignore the kiosks, get onto the elevator and then don't know how to get to their floor.

We stayed at the Pan Pacific last week before our trip and it was nice (we didn't pay $550!) but there are 2 Fairmont hotels and also a Marriott all within view of Canada Place. I didn't price check any of them because I was convinced I wanted the convenience of staying on top of the port but next time I will check into their rates since they are so close.

We're currently booked at the Pan Pacific, but at $550 a night it's more expensive than a Disney Deluxe resort! Can anyone recommend another hotel near the port that's a touch more reasonable? I'd like something safe and clean, nice/pretty would be good too but isn't as important.
When are you going, and what site are booked through. I paid 175.00 a night for the Pan Labor day weekend. You need to shop Expedia, hotwire, LMT club, Orbitz for deals..not just at the Pan, but all the hotels in Vancouver.

Another vote for the Hyatt on Burrard. I booked through last minute travel for last August and got a rate of about $150 US. There's a mall attached for last minute items, a McDonald's and Tim Hortons for breakfast. It's also 1/2 a block from the train system. Morning of the cruise we took a taxi to port for less than $10. We thought it was a great hotel.

I booked through last minute travel as well for august 1 at 160 a night including taxes.

we currently have the pan pacific booked for the two night prior to our 8/15 departure... when we booked it was ~550CAD which is about 430US based on today's conversion rates... I also checked the pan pacific website and it looks like they are now booking in the 700-800CAD range.

We are staying at Sutton Place (Le Grande Residence suites) next weekend -- I can let you know how it goes!

We love that place! Japadog cart outside, grocery store and a wine store (no beer) right there, bar, movie theater, and Starbucks across the street.... Oh and a yoga studio. Robson is half a block away. Fabulous place.

Last time we stayed at Sutton (shared checkin to LGR) we saw Sean Lennon and his band checking in. :)

We are sailing July 25th and we got the Fairmont Pacific Rim for $305 USD a night through the last minute travel club....although super expensive to me (I would never pay that typically!), it is A LOT cheaper than any other site...like by a couple of hundred! It has been the #1 hotel in Vancouver on Trip Advisor for quite some time.

I know that you can book a room through DCL at the Fairmont Waterfront if they have any left. When I called them, they quoted me $330 USD (plus taxes I am sure) but there was no availability left for the DCL rooms. We have sailed the Caribbean many times but never Alaska and we wanted the convenience of being close to the port. Good luck!

If you are staying a few days in Vancouver we stayed at Le Hermitage. Costs less than half of Pan Pacific. Its boutique and classy plus surrounded by shops and restaurants, and a short walk to the train/subway. You could either public transit to Canada Place or take a cab for departure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter