Best hotel for little ones?

Mainebound

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

We are planning to spend just 1 or 2 nights at a Universal hotel in March 04 and want to find the best hotel for our boys ages 2 and 4. I guess proximity to IOA is important and the pool areas. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hi Mainebound,

I haven't actually stayed at any of the Universal resorts yet, but because I've been doing research for a couple months now I'll try to answer your questions.

I've read that all 3 of the resorts are very kid friendly, but that the Royal Pacific seems to have the most young children, the Hard Rock more teenagers and the Portifino Bay is more deluxe and has a more romantic atmosphere so it is great for couples. (We're booked at the RPR, btw.)

As for pools, the Hard Rock has a great slide, so I hear and the Royal Pacific has an "interactive play area" with water type spray thingies that should be fun and great for more novice swimmers. I haven't really heard much about the pools at PBH.

Also, the Hard Rock is closest to Universal Studios and the Royal Pacific is closest to IOA.

Hope that helps!
:D

but the RPR has a water play area by the pool which my 3 year old loved. No matter what resort you go with, you will all have a wonderful time!

I agree with RPR. We just returned and my 4 & 6 yo dds loved the pool. But when we stayed at HRH they loved that pool too! And I am sure that if we stay at PBH they would love that as well. Gee, I'm no help.

Laura

The RPR pool is wonderful. We just returned and there were kids of all ages and it did seem like mostly families with children were staying there. Our kids are older than yours but they loved the pool and the interactive water area. RPR is the closest hotel to IOA if you are walking. The water taxi is fun too and it lets you off at Citywalk. I would recommend this hotel to anyone with children. We did go the HRH one day for the slide. The kids loved it too but said they liked the RPR pool better.

wow! sounds like they would all work, but since HRP is the least expensive, I'm betting we'll go with that one. Thank you everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter