Best Hotel for a group of Four Teenagers?

Which hotel?

• Total voters

purplefern

Earning My Ears
So, I'm planning a trip to Disneyland in 2020 with all of my siblings. We're all teens/twenty year olds, so we have a bit of a limited budget. I'm struggling finding a good hotel. I want to pick someplace within walking distance of the park (so we don't have to pay for parking), and I've narrowed it down to at least three options, Desert Inn, Del Sol Inn, and Best Western Park Place. But which should I choose? Any advice?
Thanks

So, I'm planning a trip to Disneyland in 2020 with all of my siblings. We're all teens/twenty year olds, so we have a bit of a limited budget. I'm struggling finding a good hotel. I want to pick someplace within walking distance of the park (so we don't have to pay for parking), and I've narrowed it down to at least three options, Desert Inn, Del Sol Inn, and Best Western Park Place. But which should I choose? Any advice?
Thanks

Hello! Two things:

1) Look into how old you need to be to check into each hotel. I was 20 and got screwed once for not checking and seeing that I needed to be 21. That was in Texas though- and also a decade ago- so things might be different now. Still worth looking into! :)

2) Just got back from a quick two-day trip and we stayed at the Four Points Sheraton. It was Thanksgiving and it was the only affordable option. It has gotten some bad reviews but I thought it was great for what it is! Easy to walk to Disney, friendly staff, clean. You will hear noise from the freeway from your room but to me it ended up sounding like white noise. And they provide ear plugs!

Good luck!

If you're willing to share beds there are a lot of cheap options with 2 Queens. If you want more space you can go up to an executive room at DI&S that has 2 queens and a pull out (only a little sharing) and if you want a bed each it starts getting expensive. Places with rooms with 4 beds are all going to be over 200 in my experience! Good luck!

I prefer bwppi. But I stayed at dis once when we were on a tight budget. it was fine. But breakfast was inedible. You could end up saving money just based on the decent breakfast you get at bwppi. MY sis ans I are staying at bwppi in 2 weeks!

When my kids come we have to stay in the room a lot so we choose homewood suites convention.

If you can swing coming a Monday-Thursday you could save quite a bit at homewood suites. Dinner included.

But without kids we prefer the quick walk at bwppi.

Parking is $10 per night at bwppi. I bet it’s more at hs.

I prefer bwppi. But I stayed at dis once when we were on a tight budget. it was fine. But breakfast was inedible. You could end up saving money just based on the decent breakfast you get at bwppi. MY sis ans I are staying at bwppi in 2 weeks!

When my kids come we have to stay in the room a lot so we choose homewood suites convention.

If you can swing coming a Monday-Thursday you could save quite a bit at homewood suites. Dinner included.

But without kids we prefer the quick walk at bwppi.

Parking is $10 per night at bwppi. I bet it’s more at hs.

Although I agree the breakfast isn't amazing it is sufficient depending on your family. For the price difference we quite enjoy the breakfast. Kids eat fruitloops and a piece of fruit with some toast. Adults eat the hardboiled eggs on bagels or toast, with some danishes and juice and a piece of fruit. Held us over till lunch every day. Nothing fancy but at the cost we saved we could avoid some additional snacks and still were on budget.

Earlier this year I was at BWPPI with my family of 5 and my mom and it was great. I definitely recommend it for you guys. If I were a 20yr old I would be totally happy with b-fast (as a middle aged person it was ok) and the location is so awesome. So easy to get to/from parks-rooms were clean and nice. Rooms were a decent size, we had 6 in a room (I think they called it a mini suite) and we were fine. 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa. I think you guys would appreciate the easy walk to gate and free and decent free breakfast.

I would consider walking a mile and staying at Homewood Suites, Hampton Inn or Embassy Suites. They will all have a free hot breakfast. You can even grab a piece of fruit and a yogurt to take with you for later on. They all have large enough rooms for your group and the food savings is well worth it.

If you're willing to share beds there are a lot of cheap options with 2 Queens. If you want more space you can go up to an executive room at DI&S that has 2 queens and a pull out (only a little sharing) and if you want a bed each it starts getting expensive. Places with rooms with 4 beds are all going to be over 200 in my experience! Good luck!
We don't mind sharing two queens at all. It's what we're used to doing on vacation anyway, honestly. (I'm fortunate that I have one sister and two brothers, otherwise it would be a lot more awkward. XD)

Hello! Two things:

1) Look into how old you need to be to check into each hotel. I was 20 and got screwed once for not checking and seeing that I needed to be 21. That was in Texas though- and also a decade ago- so things might be different now. Still worth looking into! :)

2) Just got back from a quick two-day trip and we stayed at the Four Points Sheraton. It was Thanksgiving and it was the only affordable option. It has gotten some bad reviews but I thought it was great for what it is! Easy to walk to Disney, friendly staff, clean. You will hear noise from the freeway from your room but to me it ended up sounding like white noise. And they provide ear plugs!

Good luck!
I just turned 21, so it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter