Best hotel across the street from Disneyland?

Going to Disneyland next year for Christmas! I've only been once and stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, which was amazing. I worked with a company that I got a discount through so it was half the cost.

I don't work for that company anymore, so I need something more affordable. My choice right now is Best Western Anaheim Inn, but I didn't know if there was something better/cheaper that you all recommend?

If I'm not onsite, I generally I prefer the newer (Hyatt House or RI) or refurbished (Hotel Indigo) properties slightly down the street. That's only because I'm a light sleeper and really value indoor corridors. But if I'm going with very close proximity then I always pick Best Western Park Place Inn. Their staff is so friendly and accommodating. Last time we stayed there, I requested a room on the top floor. They gave me the very last room of the motel -- but I actually really loved that room since we didn't get the usual traffic of guests next to our door. They also have a decent breakfast included in the rate.

I haven't tried the BW Anaheim Inn, but I've read some fairly good reviews (and really its only slightly further down the road).

I guess part of the answer is dependent on what your minimum requirements are for off site hotels?

if you need just a clean safe place to sleep, than any of them along Harbor or Katella will suffice and you can then price out the cheapest option based on how far you are willing to walk.

Only time I’ve had an experience that was below my standards was staying NW of the park.

I've stayed at the BW Anaheim Inn and the BW Park Place. Both are fine options. They both have the basically the same breakfast options, close to the park, and I've never had a problem with cleanliness of the rooms.

Very helpful information in these threads:
"HydroGuy's Hotel Rule" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1199862
"Choosing the Right DLR Area Hotel for You" www.disboards.com/threads/choosing-the-right-hotel-for-you.3656512/
Ask any questions in that hotel thread -- you'll get good help there!
Our fave (not across the street, but close) is the Candy Cane Inn -- great customer service, clean, free breakfast, and a private shuttle. We love the Premium Rooms -- breakfast delivered to the room while you're getting ready for the parks is such a treat!

Last edited:

I love the Marriott Courtyard Anaheim Resort/Convention center. I stay here every trip. It's smaller and has just been recently renovated. It's right across the street from Toy Story parking (so you could ride that shuttle). Sometimes they give me free parking for having an AP.

We always stay at the BW Anaheim inn and really like it!
The BW park place is a little closer but your total steps to DL depend on how far in the back of the hotel your room is...
When I priced out this years trip I checked prices for both of them. BW Anaheim inn was a little bit cheaper and had a room with 2 queen beds instead of 2 doubles so we decided again for the BW Anaheim inn...

princess: My favorite is the Camelot. It's got a whimsical facade that kids get a kick out of and the upper-floor pool deck gets a nice view of the Matterhorn and fireworks. It's just a little ways down from the crosswalk and is adjacent to McDonald's, which is handy for breakfast or cold drinks. We've also stayed at the Castle Inn (I guess I've got a thing for castles - ha!) which is cheaper but a bit more of a hike and has no view of the parks to speak of.

We stayed at BWPPI last month and I was very happy and impressed with it. It’s also the closest. Very short walk across the street.

We like BWPPI. I've also thought of trying Park Vue, but since I heard they got rid of the hot items at their breakfast I don't think we'll be doing that. I need some protein in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter