• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best healthy dining options

princessmeee

Earning My Ears
Hi! What are your favorite sit down or quick service restaurants both inside and outside the parks offering healthy meals, salads, etc. at Walt Disney World? What is your favorite healthy option? I'm on a diet and hoping not to gain weight on this trip!!! I've made most of our dining reservations already but still need to add a few so looking forward to your comments. Thanks in advance!

We like the salads at Les Halles de France and Kringla in EP, Boardwalk Bakery and BOG lunch. We try to cut down on refined carbs and sugar and I find I can usually find a salad, veggies and protein at just about any TS we go to.

Hi
A few of my likes
I usually eat a late lunch/ early dinner at the parks.
For me I am looking for fresh fruits and Vegies /No frying /lots of protein.
I'm looking for Tuna, Chicken,Turkey,Egg.
Hollywood Studios is the hardest one for me to find things I like.
I find children's sandwiches (example turkey) are more than a average size for me. I found the regular menu sandwich way too big in portion size.

Magic Kingdom
The Plaza Restaurant
Chicken Strawberry Salad - fresh garden greens, grilled chicken breast, cucumbers, fresh strawberries, gorgonzola, tossed in a white zinfandel vinaigrette dressing $17

Epcot
Sunshine Seasons Restaurant
Tuna Salad - with croissant
OR
Fruit and Cheese Plate $6.69 (sometimes I will take one of these to go).

Animal Kingdom:
Flame Tree BBQ
Watermelon Salad - watermelon, arugula feta, pickled red onion with a white balsamic vinaigrette $8.99
OR
Smoked Turkey breast Sandwich- with lettuce and tomato on multigrain bread topped with cranberry mayonnaise, served with fresh fruit $9.99

Hollywood Studios:
Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge
Small Plate Cobb salad
made with finely chopped greens, turkey breast, bacon, egg, tomatoes, crumbled blue cheese, avocado, chives and Cobb dressing $10.00

Edit To Add;
I frequent Starbucks for fresh fruit smoothies,and protein snacks,hard boiled eggs, apple slices caramel, carrot/celery dippers, oranges,bananas,clementines,fresh fruit cups etc.

Hugs Mel

Last edited:

Hi
A few of my likes
I usually eat a late lunch/ early dinner at the parks.
For me I am looking for fresh fruits and Vegies /No frying /lots of protein.
I'm looking for Tuna, Chicken,Turkey,Egg.
Hollywood Studios is the hardest one for me to find things I like.
I find children's sandwiches (example turkey) are more than a average size for me. I found the regular menu sandwich way too big in portion size.

Magic Kingdom
The Plaza Restaurant
Chicken Strawberry Salad - fresh garden greens, grilled chicken breast, cucumbers, fresh strawberries, gorgonzola, tossed in a white zinfandel vinaigrette dressing $17

Epcot
Sunshine Seasons Restaurant
Tuna Salad - with croissant
OR
Fruit and Cheese Plate $6.69 (sometimes I will take one of these to go).

Animal Kingdom:
Flame Tree BBQ
Watermelon Salad - watermelon, arugula feta, pickled red onion with a white balsamic vinaigrette $8.99
OR
Smoked Turkey breast Sandwich- with lettuce and tomato on multigrain bread topped with cranberry mayonnaise, served with fresh fruit $9.99

Hollywood Studios:
Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge
Small Plate Cobb salad
made with finely chopped greens, turkey breast, bacon, egg, tomatoes, crumbled blue cheese, avocado, chives and Cobb dressing $10.00

Edit To Add;
I frequent Starbucks for fresh fruit smoothies,and protein snacks,hard boiled eggs, apple slices caramel, carrot/celery dippers, oranges,bananas,clementines,fresh fruit cups etc.

Hugs Mel
This is so helpful! Those salads sound amazing! Just what I was hoping to find! Thank you so much!

We like the salads at Les Halles de France and Kringla in EP, Boardwalk Bakery and BOG lunch. We try to cut down on refined carbs and sugar and I find I can usually find a salad, veggies and protein at just about any TS we go to.
Very good to know. Thank you. I will have to try those salads. Do you need reservations for those places or are they quick service dining restaurants?

It depends on what you mean by healthy.
Since everyone's definition of healthy eating is different, healthy to me would mean lower in calories, carbs, sodium, and sugar. I eat a lot of salads but also looking for non-salad options as well.

Since everyone's definition of healthy eating is different, healthy to me would mean lower in calories, carbs, sodium, and sugar. I eat a lot of salads but also looking for non-salad options as well.
You probably know that a lot of salads contain more calories than a burger or sandwich.
My mom is diabetic and controls her blood sugar mostly through diet. She was able to skip the fries and/or substitute them for a vegetable (like brocolli) at several CS locations. Idk if you're on the DDP, but I've also heard you can get fruit as your dessert at a lot of TS locations.

You probably know that a lot of salads contain more calories than a burger or sandwich.
My mom is diabetic and controls her blood sugar mostly through diet. She was able to skip the fries and/or substitute them for a vegetable (like brocolli) at several CS locations. Idk if you're on the DDP, but I've also heard you can get fruit as your dessert at a lot of TS locations.

--Good to know about substituting veggies and fruit. I'm not diabetic but am restricting calories and was trying to plan ahead of time! Thanks for the tips.

Last edited:
Glad to have found this thread! I'm headed to Disney World next weekend as part of a wrestling tournament at ESPN WWoS. The organizers of the tournament had the great foresight to have the kids do just one weigh-in at the beginning of the tournament... and not have to worry about "making weight" every day. So the wrestlers can actually enjoy both competing and also being at WDW enjoying the food within reason. That said, we'll be on the lookout for high protein options and save the calories for the occasional treats where it's really worth it!

I had a nice Mediterranean salad at the ABC commissary that had hummus, feta cheese and lots of veggies in it.

I also get a kids salmon meal at Sunshine seasons, it comes with green beans and a side of grapes for like $6 or $7 and is a reasonably size portion.

Many of the quick serves have some kind of grilled chicken or salmon option, and most have a veggie option like steamed broccoli or green beans.

I suggest looking at some of the mickey check items on the kids menus, esp. at the quick serves.....there are many that have simple proteins and veggies with a better size portion than the adult meals, and you can definitely order those as an adult without an issue.

I like the salads at Tusker House, and I'm not crazy about their desserts so that's one of the few places where it's easy not to have too much dessert.

My best advice for healthy eating:

1. Breakfast in Disney is the enemy. Avoid the extreme carbohydrates offered in the form of huge muffins and sugary pastries. They will make you feel tired and bloated and have way too many empty calories. They look way better than they taste. Stick to eggs, yogurt and fresh fruit, select cereal with fresh fruit.

2. Skip desert at meals. Exception at some signature restaurants (and share these) So not worth it. Get a scoop of ice cream after dinner.

3. Alcohol- limit mixed drinks. Filled with sugary mixers. Stick to wine, beer, straight whisky (in moderation)

4. If time permits hit the gym at the hotel for a workout.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter