• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best guess arrival time from MCO to AOA... and then arrival to DHS?

PRINCESS VIJA

Viva Latvia!
We are hoping to go to DHS the first day arrival and I would like to buy the lightning lane for ROTR. I want to make sure we give ourselves enough time to make sure we get to DHS.

We are flying into MCO at 9:10 AM. We have a car service to Art of Animation that includes that 20 min grocery stop.

Considering working our way through the airport, luggage pick up, meet driver, Publix stop, we will go to the front desk to check in to either drop off luggage at bell services or to our room, etc.....

What time do you think we would be arriving at Art of Animation?

What time is a realistic arrival time to DHS?

I agree. Here's my logic:

9:10-9:20 Deplane, bathroom, walk to baggage claim.
9:20-9:30 Get bags, walk outside to transportation
9:30-10:00 Transportation to AoA
10:00-10:20 Grocery stop (won't happen at this time, but just for the time factor)
10:20-10:30 Check in, drop bags in room or bell services
10:30-10:50 Wait for bus to DHS
10:50-11:05 Bus to DHS
11:05-11:10 Walk into DHS
11:10-12:00 "Extra time" to allow for mistakes in timing.

First off - check your flight and any cancellations/delays before 7 am.

It’s really difficult to get an early morning ROTR pass and times jump from booking screen to payment so book immediately if you are seeing an 11 am for instance).

Setup your tip board (also if you click on a ride and click on the LL sign, when you pull down the screen to refresh, the app automatically scrolls down to that ride):

3E6AE595-4913-4B20-AC96-3E510203499E.jpeg

Picking up luggage took over 20 mins (understaffing), I would think the rental car pickup would take a while (took us 30+ mins a decade ago). The MEARs ride was 35 mins because someone had an express booking and was going to AOA.

Don’t forget to set your 120 min timer from park opening and try to stay sober (Oga’s at 10:25 am was not a great idea).

We were on the Skyliner 2 hours after arriving at the airport but the Skyliner went down for 30 mins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter