Best Ground Transportation from MCO to Poly

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
After having to reschedule our trip to WDW due to the hurricane, we have decided to fly instead. The original plan had been to drive to WDW for four nights and then on to HHI for four more nights. We were able to add a night to the HHI trip and just got back. We really don't want to do another long drive, so I found cheap flights on Spirit. Now I need ground transportation from MCO to the Polynesian. We used to always use Magical Express. Which is the best and most economical choice now? Bus? Uber?

We used Tina from Quest With The Best LLC for transport from MCO to BWV and back to MCO. They charged $45 per trip and I highly recommend them.

Sunshine Flyer bus fare beats Mears Connect by a few dollars; neither is as convenient as rideshare or private car. Rideshare cost can be comparable to bus for a party of two at times or a lot more at other times due to surge pricing. Private car service is most expensive but also the most convenient - many will meet you at bag claim and help with luggage. We look at all and also look at rental car prices, because we love having the option to drive off site to eat or do something other than Disney parks.

I have used Tiffany Towncar for 3 years now
They have been exceptional, even allowing last minute changes. Typically use them 3 times a year… they also allow a stop at the supermarket included. Again as others have said private car is more expensive.

We used Tina from Quest With The Best LLC for transport from MCO to BWV and back to MCO. They charged $45 per trip and I highly recommend them.
I googled this company and didn't find a way to book with them. What is the best contact for them?

We planned to take sunshine flyer but beware the last bus leaves the airport at 11pm. We had major flight delays due to storms up and down the east coast so we didn't arrive at MCO until 2am. We ended up taking Mears to the resort since they have service 24 hours. We took sunshine flyer as planned on the way back. Sunshine buses are new which was very nice. I was barely awake on the ride to the resort so I can't say much about it other than it was fine. We would happily do either again. Of note, Sunshine flyer refunded 1/2 of our money since we ended up not using them to the resort. I was completely shocked, it wasn't their fault our flight was delayed.They were very fast to reply to every email regardless of day of the week.

We used Mears last month and both directions lucked out and ended up with just one or two other families in a large van vs a bus. When we arrived at MCO, we walked up to the Mears area and were on the van in about 2 minutes. No joke. We left probably 5 minutes later. Also, both directions there was only one other stop. Now, I know that won't always be the case, but it was our experience. Our son has used the Sunshine Flyer a couple of times and both times his bus took the "tour of WDW resorts route". It's too small of a sample size to really compare the two, but I'm definitely sticking with Mears until they give me a reason not to!

Know that with Sunshine Flyer you are not guaranteed the cool train bus. We got a mini van that broke down on the way to our resort in 100 degree heat and sat there over an hour. I won't use them again.

We just got back from a trip and used Sunshine Flyer. The bus loading area at the airport was very chaotic and there did not seem to be any rhyme or reason to how they were loading the buses to the resort. Our bus had 5 stops (Art of Animation, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Fort Wilderness, Port Orleans, and Saratoga Springs). Since we were going to SSR, it took 2.5 hours on the bus just to get to the resort. The staff were nice and the bus clean, but next time we will probably find a more direct service.

We used Tony Hinds last year from MCO to Poly and return - no complaints and good service. But this year I think we will Uber so we can come and go as we please.

I am seriously considering using Uber or Lyft just to avoid the long bus ride with all the stops. Anything I need to consider if I go this route?
Definitely go the uber/lyft route for a small party (especially if you don't have kids)! It is pricier, but it is so worth the extra cost just to be able to drive directly to the resort and bypass the shuttle lines.

Definitely go the uber/lyft route for a small party (especially if you don't have kids)! It is pricier, but it is so worth the extra cost just to be able to drive directly to the resort and bypass the shuttle lines.
I've been playing around with the apps, and it appears that it really isn't higher than Mears or Sunshine Flyer. And yes, it is just two adults, no kids.

ETA: Lyft seems to have the better price each time.

I've been playing around with the apps, and it appears that it really isn't higher than Mears or Sunshine Flyer. And yes, it is just two adults, no kids.

ETA: Lyft seems to have the better price each time.
When checking fares via the apps, be sure to check around the general time of day and day of week you'd be arriving and departing. Some surge pricing I've seen posted on the Transportation board has been amazingly high! But also, I've read there that if they waited 10 minutes, the price went down considerably.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter