**BEST FRIENDS PET CARE KENNEL at DISNEY WORLD FAQ**

we are considering boarding 3 beagles...which room would fit all three? One is 34 lbs, one is 22 lbs, and the other is 27 lbs. I would love to keep them all in the same kennel. I just don't know if I could afford the luxury suite...would a "vacation villa" do? I'm assuming regardless of the accomodation, you still pay for all three dogs.

Also, between the two port orleans resorts, which is closest? We were already considering port orleans french quarter.

Also, from what I can tell, we could come any time ourselves to walk them right? If we went over in the morning and dinner time? They also allow one walk per day...do you get to pick the time? Thanks in advance especially with all the questions :flower3:

You would be able to board all three in a Villa or a VIP Suite. But, if you think those might be too expensive, see about booking a large Indoor for all of them. :) It's a 4x8 area, and plenty big enough for the three of them. And yes, regardless of the accommodations you would pay for all three of them. But, if they are all boarded together, the 2nd and 3rd dog would be 30% off.

Best Friends is right across the street from the Port Orleans Riverside resort.

As far as visiting, yes, you're allowed to visit them anytime Best Friends is open. And, depending on the accommodations it will either come with one walk each day, or two. The Villa comes with one, the VIP and Indoor come with two. And yes, you can pick when they will get walked. :)

thanks so much for the feedback! I love the idea of bringing our pets with us, but at the same time, they have never been boarded and I wonder if they would be better staying at home. I think if we can get a house sitter for the week, it's better they stay home, but if we have to do boarding, bringing with us sounds the easiest way.

thanks so much for the feedback! I love the idea of bringing our pets with us, but at the same time, they have never been boarded and I wonder if they would be better staying at home. I think if we can get a house sitter for the week, it's better they stay home, but if we have to do boarding, bringing with us sounds the easiest way.

As much as I love traveling with my boys, I always get a housesitter first. Then if that falls thru, I will take them. I do whats BEST for them. But when I do take them to BFPC, they have a blast!:cloud9:

We are first time puppy owners. We have a Miniature Schnauzer (Minnie!) that will be almost six months for our upcoming trip in early March. I've read practically this entire thread and am trying to decide whether to board Minnie here close to home or bring her with us and board her at BFPC. I'm afraid separation anxiety would be very high for my wife so I am leaning towards bringing Minnie.

We are first time puppy owners. We have a Miniature Schnauzer (Minnie!) that will be almost six months for our upcoming trip in early March. I've read practically this entire thread and am trying to decide whether to board Minnie here close to home or bring her with us and board her at BFPC. I'm afraid separation anxiety would be very high for my wife so I am leaning towards bringing Minnie.

Congrats on the new puppy! Minnie is a great name! Personally, I think it would be a great idea to bring her cause being so young it would be a great start for her to get used to being boarded. And there is so much for Minnie to do as far as socializing with other people and other doggies! And you can go visit any time to curb the anxiety of the new puppy mom! :) let us know what you decide!

Congrats on the new puppy! Minnie is a great name! Personally, I think it would be a great idea to bring her cause being so young it would be a great start for her to get used to being boarded. And there is so much for Minnie to do as far as socializing with other people and other doggies! And you can go visit any time to curb the anxiety of the new puppy mom! :) let us know what you decide!

Where do you live in Alabama? My son just moved to Mobile, got a job at USA. We live in Oxford.

We got her an indoor/outdoor suite. Are there any pet friendly areas at WDW?? Just wondering if there are any places on property we can take her with us other the BFPC.

We got her an indoor/outdoor suite. Are there any pet friendly areas at WDW?? Just wondering if there are any places on property we can take her with us other the BFPC.

Great! I THINK, not 100% sure about DTD and the BW , but I have seen dogs on leashes at DTD and the Boardwalk. I know they cant go to the parks, but i sure have seen dogs at those 2 places.

Just wanted to report we took our miniature schnauzers there for a week during December and had a very positive experience. We got our two babies an indoor/outdoor suite and they had plenty of space. They let us leave blankets (we had to sign a release in case something happened and we wouldn't get them back which was no problem) with our smell on them. Our babies sleep with us and I barely work so they are not left alone that often. I was a little anxious about leaving them in NC so we brought them with us so I could visit when I wanted. I loved getting emails with pictures from them and I'm glad they do report cards so I knew people were paying attention to them. And I knew they were paying attention because the report cards described our Lois and Clark to the tee!! I paid extra for the play group (for four hours daily) because I wanted them to be able to run around and thought it was worth the extra cash. All in all a good experience and when we go back to WDW in September we definately will be using BFPC again. :goodvibes

Just wanted to report we took our miniature schnauzers there for a week during December and had a very positive experience. We got our two babies an indoor/outdoor suite and they had plenty of space. They let us leave blankets (we had to sign a release in case something happened and we wouldn't get them back which was no problem) with our smell on them. Our babies sleep with us and I barely work so they are not left alone that often. I was a little anxious about leaving them in NC so we brought them with us so I could visit when I wanted. I loved getting emails with pictures from them and I'm glad they do report cards so I knew people were paying attention to them. And I knew they were paying attention because the report cards described our Lois and Clark to the tee!! I paid extra for the play group (for four hours daily) because I wanted them to be able to run around and thought it was worth the extra cash. All in all a good experience and when we go back to WDW in September we definately will be using BFPC again. :goodvibes

:banana::thumbsup2:cool1::woohoo::yay:

Excellent report! Thank you for letting us know how your babies did! Its such a great thing when we are off having fun and knowing our fur kids are taken care off. :cloud9:

Did you take any pics of your babies while they were there?

So glad you had a great experience!

My beagle did not particularly like Best Friends. She's been boarded before and had tons of fun, but I guess she was extra nervous at Disney. She stayed for 8 hours and didn't eat a thing.

When I first checked her in, I knew she had fleas. It's been an ongoing problem since I adopted her 2 months ago. The vet and the rescue both gave her medication, and I've given her several treatments (and cleaned all of her bedding multiple times). When they saw she had fleas, they looked at me like I was a bad mother and treated her like she had the plague. So they ordered a flea bath for her, which was fine by me. But I think she was put in the grooming area until the groomer came in, so she wasn't in a cozy place.

When I came to pick her up, I noticed the groomer had pulled at a little skin flap on her face and she was bleeding. I brought this up to the staff, but they just ignored me. Two weeks later, and it still bleeds.

Not a fan. I'll take my dog back to Dog Day Afternoon where she gets to play with other dogs (when she's flea-free, of course) without paying extra.

Fireworks and my dog are not friends!
I don't know if this has been mentioned or not. Our two 45 pound lab mixes stayed together in an indoor room. They were very happy to stay together, they were happy with the playtime, and they loved the parmesan cheese on their food. The only real issue we had was our female 18 month old came out of there 5 pounds lighter than when she arrived and looked painfully thin. They said she ate well on her report card, so all I could think of was she was either very active or she did not sleep and paced around her room the entire time. While I know they had playtime I highly doubt she was playing enough to work off 5 pounds. She is thin to begin with. She is very sensitive to certain sounds and hides in her crate at the first sign of thunder even if its miles and miles away. A couple days after arriving home from the trip, on New Years Eve, we heard fireworks off in the distance (not close by at all) and it took us 12 hours to get her back out of her crate. That's when it hit us and we realized what had probably happened. Didn't even think about the fact that there is fireworks every night off in the distance at disney - and she has super dog hearing. That is likely why she couldn't relax. They did not mention sleeping on the behavior report. It was limited to eating, behavior around the other dogs at playtime, and stool frequency and consistency - that sort of thing. Long story short if your dog has a problem with fireworks don't take them. We won't be able to board her there on our next trip and will have to find another place.
It's a shame because absolutely every other part of the experience was perfect.

My beagle did not particularly like Best Friends. She's been boarded before and had tons of fun, but I guess she was extra nervous at Disney. She stayed for 8 hours and didn't eat a thing.

When I first checked her in, I knew she had fleas. It's been an ongoing problem since I adopted her 2 months ago. The vet and the rescue both gave her medication, and I've given her several treatments (and cleaned all of her bedding multiple times). When they saw she had fleas, they looked at me like I was a bad mother and treated her like she had the plague. So they ordered a flea bath for her, which was fine by me. But I think she was put in the grooming area until the groomer came in, so she wasn't in a cozy place.

When I came to pick her up, I noticed the groomer had pulled at a little skin flap on her face and she was bleeding. I brought this up to the staff, but they just ignored me. Two weeks later, and it still bleeds.

Not a fan. I'll take my dog back to Dog Day Afternoon where she gets to play with other dogs (when she's flea-free, of course) without paying extra.

Well Im sorry to hear that. I do know that BFPC is very concerned with the flea issue as not to get the other dogs infected, maybe thats why they were so "iffy". As far as the grooming, Ive never used their services, so I cant comment on that. I hope your furbaby place is better now.

Fireworks and my dog are not friends!
I don't know if this has been mentioned or not. Our two 45 pound lab mixes stayed together in an indoor room. They were very happy to stay together, they were happy with the playtime, and they loved the parmesan cheese on their food. The only real issue we had was our female 18 month old came out of there 5 pounds lighter than when she arrived and looked painfully thin. They said she ate well on her report card, so all I could think of was she was either very active or she did not sleep and paced around her room the entire time. While I know they had playtime I highly doubt she was playing enough to work off 5 pounds. She is thin to begin with. She is very sensitive to certain sounds and hides in her crate at the first sign of thunder even if its miles and miles away. A couple days after arriving home from the trip, on New Years Eve, we heard fireworks off in the distance (not close by at all) and it took us 12 hours to get her back out of her crate. That's when it hit us and we realized what had probably happened. Didn't even think about the fact that there is fireworks every night off in the distance at disney - and she has super dog hearing. That is likely why she couldn't relax. They did not mention sleeping on the behavior report. It was limited to eating, behavior around the other dogs at playtime, and stool frequency and consistency - that sort of thing. Long story short if your dog has a problem with fireworks don't take them. We won't be able to board her there on our next trip and will have to find another place.
It's a shame because absolutely every other part of the experience was perfect.

awe! poor baby! Im sure the fireworks were heard a bit. I do know when I used to board my boys at the TTC kennel, my middle boy Max (pomeranian) was SCARED TO DEATH of the fireworks when they went off. We always made sure we were with them when those started so he wouldnt stress so bad. So im sure you baby was stressed a bit. But as long as she is good now! I think that is the only drawback to BFPC, is the fireworks. :( Im glad you had a good experience overall. ;)

BFPC is a wonderful sounding company. However, their page,both FB & official website, are lacking a lot of details. Such as indoor, indoor/outdoor, vacation villa pics. So this site has been a great source of info.

My mom has Brick, a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog (105#) & Baby, a Papillon(12#) that will be staying in May.

However, I’m still unsure of which room will be the best fit. I tried calling, but there’s only so much that can be conveyed in conversation. I think I reached a call center. Having worked in one of those for T-Mobile, I know how lacking in true information they can be.

Thinking of a Villa for Brick. Main concerns:
Is the doggy door to the patio always open? (She's not the best at using the latrine on a leash.)
She's a guard dog, so she's not social towards people. Could her Turn down service, play group be transferred to Baby? Or should they be exchanged for treats? OR Maybe Premium bedding?

She loves other animals, but is so big. I don't want any dogs traumatized b/c she rolled over 'em like a semi-truck. :eek: I can't believe those people were so cruel to some one else's dog!:mad:

Thinking of Indoor for Baby: Still not sure what an indoor looks like, but according to the BFPC website: Dogs have unlimited access to their patio area, except during cleaning.So that would be ideal as she's always wanting to just wander around outside.

I realize I'm just asking for opinions & that most people have small dogs, not giant breeds. But I want to make sure Brick & Baby are comfy. I love them like they were mine. (Mine are being watched by my neighbor.:cheer2:) Any additional information would be great! Thanks!

Couldn't resist adding a picture of them. Brick was only 80# & Baby was only 5#.
brickbaby.jpg

THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! :yay:

My friend has a 140 pound Swissy (he's a big baby! :goodvibes) and she's boarded him in a Villa, and he's been comfortable and happy. If your little guy likes to walk around outside, you might want to consider an indoor-outdoor, though. I'd talk to the reservations people. They're really helpful. Just have a list of questions when you call. By the way, they don't have a call center, they're all right there at the center.

Have fun!!!! :hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter