**BEST FRIENDS PET CARE KENNEL at DISNEY WORLD FAQ**

Hang on, everyone! :wave:
I just called there and got the story straight from one of the staff members: the rate increase is ONLY for luxury suites!! That's it! The prices for everything else have stayed the same. whew! :banana:
(and just between us, the people in the luxury suites could probably afford to pay a little bit more anyway, right?) ;)

Hope this makes all of us feel better. :flower3:

Hang on, everyone! :wave:
I just called there and got the story straight from one of the staff members: the rate increase is ONLY for luxury suites!! That's it! The prices for everything else have stayed the same. whew! :banana:
(and just between us, the people in the luxury suites could probably afford to pay a little bit more anyway, right?) ;)

Hope this makes all of us feel better. :flower3:

Thanks for the info YetiRider! And Im not happy about the rate increase in the
VIP suites! :( But, as long as the furkids are well taken care of, thats what matters!

There is bedding that can be provided. There is a canvas cot provided for every guest, and there are fleece beds you can pay for for them. (I believe they're $5) And if you insist on bringing your own bedding you can, you'll just have to sign a contract saying that the bedding won't be returned. The change in policy is in order to provide a more flea-free environment for the pets. Some owners were bringing in bedding not noticing that it was full of fleas! :scared1:

Maybe I'm missing something, but if they still let you bring in your own bedding (if you insist) with the stipulation that it won't be returned, how does that address the problem of the bedding potentially being full of fleas which is the reason given for now discouraging bringing personal bedding?

Our dog stayed for 11 days there, and did well. She was in a Vacation Villa.

We visited her regularly, and noticed the staff doing dog walks, etc. for different dogs. We were free to come and go as we wanted, and they didn't even mind the night my whole family decided to stay and watch Toy Story 3 :happytv:. In the villa with the dog. The staff was :laughing: at me because I was :sad2:. I'm on vacation, hanging out in a kennel. :headache:

We were contacted within the first 24 hours with a couple questions about our dog. We also saw her on the webcams having her play date a couple of days, so overall, we had a very positive experience. I don't believe, based on our experience, that the place is all smoke and mirrors. I'm sure they aren't perfect, and problems can occur. But it sure seemed the intent to do things well was there.

ACK - I waited until the last minute to book my Thanksgiving and Christmas reserves, and was told that BF is just about COMPLETELY FULL! There are still a few all-indoor suites available, though, and some daycare options and a waiting list, too. So now I'm planning my family's days at Epcot, and planning my days for the doggies at BF. :lmao:Anyone ever eat at Port Orleans? It's across from BF
Here's the website that I didn't look at soon enough, oops:
http://wdw.bestfriendspetcare.com/news/book-soon-there’s-not-much-room-inn

I have a few questions about Best Friends.

- No one has mentioned fireworks. Noise from fireworks bothers my dog in a major way, so I am wondering if Magic Kingdom/Epcot/Hollywood Studios fireworks can be heard at Best Friends (or Port Orleans if you've been there during fireworks)?????

- Someone mentioned that she walked her dog while he/she was at Best Friends...so you can pop in and visit/walk/play with your dog at anytime?

We usually board at Pet Paradise in Sanford, and will still do that for long trips that don't involve wdw, but for short overnight trips BF is much more convenient.

Thanks in advance for any answers you can give me!!!:goodvibes

Hey, Liz - the fireworks don't go off until about 9 o'clock, and I would imagine that all the dogs are inside and tucked away for the night by that time. I would give them a call, though, and tell them about your dog. Each time I go, I always remind them about my TT's quirky behaviors. :)
And you can def visit your guys during the day, but truthfully, it's sometimes hard to leave the parks when you're having such a great time. My kids always yell at me: they're fine! they're with their friends!!

I have a few questions about Best Friends.

- No one has mentioned fireworks. Noise from fireworks bothers my dog in a major way, so I am wondering if Magic Kingdom/Epcot/Hollywood Studios fireworks can be heard at Best Friends (or Port Orleans if you've been there during fireworks)?????

- Someone mentioned that she walked her dog while he/she was at Best Friends...so you can pop in and visit/walk/play with your dog at anytime?

We usually board at Pet Paradise in Sanford, and will still do that for long trips that don't involve wdw, but for short overnight trips BF is much more convenient.

Thanks in advance for any answers you can give me!!!:goodvibes

I wouldnt think you could hear the fireworks at the pet resort. :confused3 But yea, I would call and ask them, or if you have Facebook, check out their facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/bestfriendsdisney

You can go visit your fur kid during anytime while the resort is open. :)

I had a concern about the collar that I read in Bama's review. I'm travelling to WDW in March with my future leader dog and she HAS to have her collar on at all times (not my rule, Leader Dog rule) and the paper one is not gonna work out. I may have to call them and see if they can leave her collar on her instead of giving her a paper collar to wear. She has ALOT of instructions that come with her so we may go VIP due to all of this ( I seriously have a little manual typed up for anyone who takes care of her). Thoughts?

I had a concern about the collar that I read in Bama's review. I'm travelling to WDW in March with my future leader dog and she HAS to have her collar on at all times (not my rule, Leader Dog rule) and the paper one is not gonna work out. I may have to call them and see if they can leave her collar on her instead of giving her a paper collar to wear. She has ALOT of instructions that come with her so we may go VIP due to all of this ( I seriously have a little manual typed up for anyone who takes care of her). Thoughts?

Well, Im nt sure what a LeaderDog is, but it sounds important! But yes, you can call them and explain the situation. Maybe they can put the paper collar on as well...not sure. I personally think the paper collars are stupid, but its their rules. LOL

But yes, just call and see what they say. Please let us know! :)

called best friends and they said that she can leave her own collar on (we're booking the vacation villa option for Daisy). They also were really receptive to my instructions for her (i.e. she is to be walked on the blue martingale training collar that I will provide and she only eats Purina Pro Plan Chicken and Rice) and have been really good with accomodating her.

As for what a Leader Dog is, she's in training to become a Leader Dog for the Blind. We're bringing her to Disney as part of her training and the day she won't be accompanying us to the parks she'll be at Best Friends Pet Care. Really excited for this trip and for her! Going to be interesting to say the least.

called best friends and they said that she can leave her own collar on (we're booking the vacation villa option for Daisy). They also were really receptive to my instructions for her (i.e. she is to be walked on the blue martingale training collar that I will provide and she only eats Purina Pro Plan Chicken and Rice) and have been really good with accomodating her.

As for what a Leader Dog is, she's in training to become a Leader Dog for the Blind. We're bringing her to Disney as part of her training and the day she won't be accompanying us to the parks she'll be at Best Friends Pet Care. Really excited for this trip and for her! Going to be interesting to say the least.

Great! Im so happy that they were helpful! :)

A guide dog!!! Thats so wonderful! :) Im sure she will be a great Leader Dog! :cloud9:

Please let us know how it goes and take some pics! :)

Great! Im so happy that they were helpful! :)

A guide dog!!! Thats so wonderful! :) Im sure she will be a great Leader Dog! :cloud9:

Please let us know how it goes and take some pics! :)

I most definately will let you guys know how it goes!! Plan on making a PTR and TR about my excursion!

I'm planning on bringing our 3 dogs with us to WDW this time since we're driving.

But I am so torn as to whether to get them a Villa or a VIP.

How quiet is the VIP area? I'm also a little concerned about the heat. We're from the northern areas, and my dogs aren't used to heat, we're going in June.

How hard is it to get there from the Epcot resorts? We're staying at the BWV.

I hate boarding the dogs, and one of the reasons I wanted to bring them was to shorten the time in the kennels, and also so I could go over every day and walk them. This past summer they spent 3 days at Disneyland with us, but they were at the hotel every night. I wish WDW would make one of their hotels pet friendly.

I'm planning on bringing our 3 dogs with us to WDW this time since we're driving.

But I am so torn as to whether to get them a Villa or a VIP.

How quiet is the VIP area? I'm also a little concerned about the heat. We're from the northern areas, and my dogs aren't used to heat, we're going in June.

How hard is it to get there from the Epcot resorts? We're staying at the BWV.

I hate boarding the dogs, and one of the reasons I wanted to bring them was to shorten the time in the kennels, and also so I could go over every day and walk them. This past summer they spent 3 days at Disneyland with us, but they were at the hotel every night. I wish WDW would make one of their hotels pet friendly.

Ocean Rose, Im with ya on wishing pets could stay in a WDW hotel. That would be so great! But the BFPC is really good, and since you have 3 dogs and if its in your budget, I would do the VIP suites. They are extremly quiet. There are only 3 in the section and they are away from the other pet areas.When I toured the Villas, they were a bit noisy and I didnt like that, so thats why I like the VIP suites.

Also, its VERY VERY hot in June but the staff doesnt keep them too long in the heat, and the suites do have A/C. You can walk them early morning and in the evening when its not so hot.

Its not a bad drive to BFPC at all...I dont know how long it will take you to get there from BWV, but Im sure not long at all. I know it takes about 10 minutes from the GF to the BFPC, so your drive shouldnt be too much longer. :) Since its in front of POR you can mapquest it.

Let us know what you chose!

Hope that helps!

Boarding my two schnauzers here next month . . all the vip and villas were booked but got the babies in an indoor/outdoor . . extremely anxious about boarding the babies. the only time they have ever been away from us was when they were able to stay with the family that bred them. and i knew they treated them like family (they even slept with the teenagers :lovestruc) i know i'm just getting worried for nothing but they are our babies . . i'm sure it'll be fine . . reading everyone's good comments makes me feel somewhat better. . . i just don't know how i'll sleep at night in Disney without cuddling with my Lois and Clark :sad1:

Boarding my two schnauzers here next month . . all the vip and villas were booked but got the babies in an indoor/outdoor . . extremely anxious about boarding the babies. the only time they have ever been away from us was when they were able to stay with the family that bred them. and i knew they treated them like family (they even slept with the teenagers :lovestruc) i know i'm just getting worried for nothing but they are our babies . . i'm sure it'll be fine . . reading everyone's good comments makes me feel somewhat better. . . i just don't know how i'll sleep at night in Disney without cuddling with my Lois and Clark :sad1:

I so feel your pain! Instead of my dogs having separation anxiety, I HAVE IT when Im away from them! :)

But Im sure they will be perfectly fine, and you can go visit ANYTIME you need/want to.:) You can always add extra walks and cuddle time...and other things, so maybe thats an option for you to make sure they have plenty of interaction out of the suites. :)

Please take pics if you can and share your experience! :)

we are considering boarding 3 beagles...which room would fit all three? One is 34 lbs, one is 22 lbs, and the other is 27 lbs. I would love to keep them all in the same kennel. I just don't know if I could afford the luxury suite...would a "vacation villa" do? I'm assuming regardless of the accomodation, you still pay for all three dogs.

Also, between the two port orleans resorts, which is closest? We were already considering port orleans french quarter.

Also, from what I can tell, we could come any time ourselves to walk them right? If we went over in the morning and dinner time? They also allow one walk per day...do you get to pick the time? Thanks in advance especially with all the questions :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter