**BEST FRIENDS PET CARE KENNEL at DISNEY WORLD FAQ**

Thanks, again:goodvibes
Was just looking at the website for the Best Friends one in Wakefield...Thats a good possibility...It's $45 a night, though, which is rather pricey since it will be sbout 11 nights.

As I said before, the PP was not a troll...she posted on Facebook about this on the BFPC page. I just hate she had a terrible experience.

I am also sad that you didnt have a great experience as well. I know sometimes when our fur kids are taken out of their own environment, they do not do things. My oldes Pom, Taz doesnt eat when he isnt at home, so I know how you feel! I think some staff is better than the others. I know the staff that I have are just great. I am so sorry to hear about those who dont have good staff because the animals come first and every staff needs to be attentive and doing their job!

Ditto. At home Riley eats when I'm in the kitchen. Obviously at BFPC I'm not ever going to be "in the kitchen". We didn't really think about it prior to her stay. It was the BF's staff who alerted us that she wasn't eating. They offered to let us try to encourage her to eat while we were there if we wanted to. Of course we tried. Our first couple tries to get her to eat weren't too successful but eventually she got the picture and started gobbling down her food for us.

Ditto. At home Riley eats when I'm in the kitchen. Obviously at BFPC I'm not ever going to be "in the kitchen". We didn't really think about it prior to her stay. It was the BF's staff who alerted us that she wasn't eating. They offered to let us try to encourage her to eat while we were there if we wanted to. Of course we tried. Our first couple tries to get her to eat weren't too successful but eventually she got the picture and started gobbling down her food for us.

I know exactly how that is! Even my other Pom, Max wont poop until like the 2nd day when he is there, its just he has to settle in and get used to the environment!:lmao:

We have to actually sit down with Taz, pour his kibble out in a small dish and sit there with him while he eats! I remember at the old TTC kennel, we would sit there on the concrete right there by the sidewalk where people would be entering/leaving the parking lot to the TTC and he would sit there and eat while we people watched and played with Max and Rascal! Ah...memories! :love:

Thanks for all the info. on this thread. It looks like we'll be using it as our local kennel will be closed during our trip.

Thanks for all the info. on this thread. It looks like we'll be using it as our local kennel will be closed during our trip.

Great! Please feel free to ask any questions, for we all will try our best to help you! Hope to have a great report after you get back home! :)

There is also a discount if staying on property. We had a great experience I wish there was one close to our home.

There sure is! I believe the AP discount is 10%...correct me if Im wrong. Not sure what the DVC discount it.

I do too ms mouse....I will NOT board my boys at the vet here in town, they ARE NOT staying in a crate like they have here...then on weekends or holidays they get ONE potty walk per day and thats IT! No way would I ever do that to my boys. If my sister cant watch them at home, then they are going with me to BFPC! :)

Well, Riley Belle has had her BFPC reservations since I booked our September trip. In the last month a bunch of family members have offered to keep her for us. My hubby's brother looooooves critters, adores Riley (that's her buddy), but he can't have a pooch because his wife is deathly afraid of them. She was even afraid to pet Riley when she was a bitty pup that fit in my hand. LOL! He's working down here in Texas while his family is in Atlanta so he keeps going on and on about how Riley would make him less lonesome. Awwwww.... :lovestruc During the day while he's at work Riley would stay with the hubby's mother.

Then my mother has offered to keep Riley! That's amazing! But Mom has a kitty that really isn't so thrilled with Riley's wish to play tag with her. And my mom's ex-hubby that I've spent time with over the summer think my little pooch is da-bomb and wants her to come for a visit. But he has a big golden and those big dogs really freaked Riley out last time we were at BFPC so I don't know how she'd like rooming with a big dog. I'm so flattered, tho, that Riley is so loved. She really is a sweetheart. It seems nobody is immune to her charming little self! :cutie:

We're actually torn. We love going to visit her and making our girl part of our adventure. BFPC is sooooooo nice. It's literally the next best thing to having her at home. We know she would be happier if she could stay with someone she can cuddle up with at night so I suppose we'll be leaving her with my brother-in-law. I'm keeping her reservation for now just in case something happens and we still need to board her.

Just the fact that I'm torn even in the situation where I'd be spending $600+ or not (it's 12 nights). You'd think that's a no-brainer. Right? :upsidedow

Well, Riley Belle has had her BFPC reservations since I booked our September trip. In the last month a bunch of family members have offered to keep her for us. My hubby's brother looooooves critters, adores Riley (that's her buddy), but he can't have a pooch because his wife is deathly afraid of them. She was even afraid to pet Riley when she was a bitty pup that fit in my hand. LOL! He's working down here in Texas while his family is in Atlanta so he keeps going on and on about how Riley would make him less lonesome. Awwwww.... :lovestruc During the day while he's at work Riley would stay with the hubby's mother.

Then my mother has offered to keep Riley! That's amazing! But Mom has a kitty that really isn't so thrilled with Riley's wish to play tag with her. And my mom's ex-hubby that I've spent time with over the summer think my little pooch is da-bomb and wants her to come for a visit. But he has a big golden and those big dogs really freaked Riley out last time we were at BFPC so I don't know how she'd like rooming with a big dog. I'm so flattered, tho, that Riley is so loved. She really is a sweetheart. It seems nobody is immune to her charming little self! :cutie:

We're actually torn. We love going to visit her and making our girl part of our adventure. BFPC is sooooooo nice. It's literally the next best thing to having her at home. We know she would be happier if she could stay with someone she can cuddle up with at night so I suppose we'll be leaving her with my brother-in-law. I'm keeping her reservation for now just in case something happens and we still need to board her.

Just the fact that I'm torn even in the situation where I'd be spending $600+ or not (it's 12 nights). You'd think that's a no-brainer. Right? :upsidedow

WOW! What choices you have! Basically, what is most important is for RILEY's comfort and where she would be most happy and not stressed out! Good luck on making the decision! 12 nites! Awesome! Although, I would absoltely die if I didnt see my boys for that long! IM the one that gets separation anxiety for 3 nights! LOL:sad2:

There sure is! I believe the AP discount is 10%...correct me if Im wrong. Not sure what the DVC discount it.

I do too ms mouse....I will NOT board my boys at the vet here in town, they ARE NOT staying in a crate like they have here...then on weekends or holidays they get ONE potty walk per day and thats IT! No way would I ever do that to my boys. If my sister cant watch them at home, then they are going with me to BFPC! :)

The DVC discount and the AP discount are the same. ;) Best Friends offers a discount for DVC members, AP holders, people staying at a resort, and castmembers. I know the DVC and AP discount is a little over 10%, i'll have to check the correct percentages.

The DVC discount and the AP discount are the same. ;) Best Friends offers a discount for DVC members, AP holders, people staying at a resort, and castmembers. I know the DVC and AP discount is a little over 10%, i'll have to check the correct percentages.

Thats what I figured too. :) Thank you!

Just made the boys ressies for Labor Day for the VIP suite!! I will know what NOT to do in the dog park this time so my Rascal wont get sick! :) If I see any big dogs coming, I will immediately take him inside!

Im sad to say that Stephanie isnt there anymore. :( and my sweet Lenora will be on Maternity Leave! I really wanted one of them to be their concierge! :confused3

Now I have to find a new favorite! :)

We just boarded our 2 dogs in one of the Vacation Villas for 3 days. I was really impressed with the cleanliness and quietness of the facility. We went and walked our dogs twice and both times all 14 of the villas were clean and the dogs in them looked very comfortable. We have an 80 pound lab and a 68 pound mixed breed and the Villa size was just fine for the 2 of them. There was a fluffy bed on the raised concrete platform and a cot on the floor. When we picked them up, they were in a play group which was well monitored by the staff. I didn't see the regular kennels so I can't say anything about them but the VIP Suites and Vacation Villas are quite nice. I booked a VIP Suite for out next visit just because money wise it works out better if you want your dogs having an extra walk and playgroup each day plus they have twice the room that the villas have. The VIP Suites have an outdoor area where the dogs go out for air and relief where it appeared the Villas have a concrete area through their doggy door that is inside. I didn't see what was on the other side of the doggy door but from looking at the layout of the building, it couldn't be outside. The doggy door is opened 5 times during the day for the dogs to go out. I was really happy with the boarding! It's always traumatic for me going away and worrying about the dogs!

Hi, Sammi! Bonnet Creek Parkway traffic isn't really bad at all. I've never had a problem crossing there to go visit my guys. :thumbsup2
Have fun!!!:yay:

We just boarded our 2 dogs in one of the Vacation Villas for 3 days. I was really impressed with the cleanliness and quietness of the facility. We went and walked our dogs twice and both times all 14 of the villas were clean and the dogs in them looked very comfortable. We have an 80 pound lab and a 68 pound mixed breed and the Villa size was just fine for the 2 of them. There was a fluffy bed on the raised concrete platform and a cot on the floor. When we picked them up, they were in a play group which was well monitored by the staff. I didn't see the regular kennels so I can't say anything about them but the VIP Suites and Vacation Villas are quite nice. I booked a VIP Suite for out next visit just because money wise it works out better if you want your dogs having an extra walk and playgroup each day plus they have twice the room that the villas have. The VIP Suites have an outdoor area where the dogs go out for air and relief where it appeared the Villas have a concrete area through their doggy door that is inside. I didn't see what was on the other side of the doggy door but from looking at the layout of the building, it couldn't be outside. The doggy door is opened 5 times during the day for the dogs to go out. I was really happy with the boarding! It's always traumatic for me going away and worrying about the dogs!

Im so glad your furkids had a nice stay! The Villas are roomy and nice! And that is one clean place Every day they would take my boys out of their VIP suite for a walk and clean it EXTREMELY WELL! I never had an issue with the cleanliness!

Is this place in walking distance if I stay at POR?

Sure is! :)

It is right across the street from Port Orleans Riverside. :) So yes, it is possible to walk to Best Friends, just keep in mind that you would be crossing four lanes of traffic. ;)

Traffic is not too bad in the early mornings. :)

Hi, Sammi! Bonnet Creek Parkway traffic isn't really bad at all. I've never had a problem crossing there to go visit my guys. :thumbsup2
Have fun!!!:yay:

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter