• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"best friend"

Sparx

DIS Veteran
Do you have one?

When I was younger the idea always confused me. I had a ton of friends. I didn't understand how to pick one, to be your "best" friend.

To this day, I can't pick a single person to be my best friend. The closest that comes is my boyfriend, but other than him, everyone is pretty much on a level playing field with me.

Am I alone in my dislike of the term "best friend"? Does anyone share this philosophy?

I have two best friends. But I call all of my 'friends' not 'aquantances [sp?]' best freinds. It is just alot easier. But I guess I have two 'true best friends' that are Liz and Meg, but they dont live where I live, so I have other best friends here.

I can't have a best friend.
Why?
Because then the other person gets mad.
My friends are clingy and overprotective.
9/10 if there's an argument, it includes me.
So, no, I don't have one, and no I don't want one.

It really depends. If a friend does something really, really nice for me, I will say something like, "Aww... thanks so much. You're my best friend." or whatever. But I don't go around obsessing that everyone knows we are "best friends." I have a million bajillion friends, and like you, it would be really hard to choose just one person out of all of them. And I have said before that my boyfriend is my best friend. But once again, we don't say best friend to each other, we say boyfriend/girlfriend. Friendship and a relationship are two totally different things. But in a way, they aren't because it all comes down to love. You do something for your friend because you love them. You do something for your boyfriend because you love him. Even though you are using the same word, they have to different meanings. Love for a boyfriend means that you love them passionately and want to spend the rest of your life with them. It's a little different using it the friend way.

~Angela :wizard:

No, I dont have one and no, I don't want one. Simple as that.

I have a lot of really close friends that are my life.

There's my term for best friend.

I consider a best friend someone you can tell anything to; and they know when to be serious or act like maniacs.

:)

Yeah, out of my close circle of friends, I do have a 'best friend'. I don't go around telling everyone, but yeah.

I think it varies, depending on who your friends are and how well you click. If you have that one special friend that is really close to you then I guess you could consider them your ''best friend''. I prefer having a few close friends who all trust each other and know everything about one another.

My friend of eight years, I know is my best friend. Her and I are like sisters, we talk about things that only sisters should talk about. I can never act as foolish with anyone else, as I do with my best friend; there is just nobody else who I am so compatable with. We both have a ton blackmail material on each other (which we trust each other not ever to use) and we know every little detail about each other.

I think maybe some people just don't have a best friend. If it's so confusing for you to pick just one, then you probably don't have a best friend. You just know when you have a best friend.

~C.B.

I used to have three best friends. we were so close and everything. and then they got all scyco and decided not to be friends with me anymore and completely ripped out my heart and stomped all over it. i decided not to call anyone my best friend anymore to avoid all that heart.

but i believe that there is no difference between best friend and good friend. i just like calling someone my best friend.

and bff and best friend are different in my opinion.

I use "closest friend" more than "best friend." I really don't know why. :rolleyes: I'm one of the lucky ones. I'm blessed with at least three best friends. :goodvibes

Do you have one?

When I was younger the idea always confused me. I had a ton of friends. I didn't understand how to pick one, to be your "best" friend.

To this day, I can't pick a single person to be my best friend. The closest that comes is my boyfriend, but other than him, everyone is pretty much on a level playing field with me.

Am I alone in my dislike of the term "best friend"? Does anyone share this philosophy?
::yes::

I have no best friend, but I have several "friends." I don't make friends easily, and I think that I should stop being so dang shy. :)

I do I do! I don't have a 'best friend' anymore. and I never liked that term because if you went around saying "so and so is my best friend' someone elses feelings get hurt. So I just say I am friends with......

I have a lot of close friends but there isn't a single person who I call my "best friend". But, if you gave me a category I probably could (best (fe)male friend, best friend in such and such class, etc.) I do, however, have best friends for certain things like my best friend to talk to about hockey, about football, about movies, or the friend who I tell my problems to or my friend who is the best for going out. Those things are easy for me but to have one set best friend would be near impossible.

Yeah I have a best friend, who I basically consider my sister.
Then I have another second best friend

Yeah?

Yeah, I have one best friend. The others I don't know that well. Well, I'm in a friend clique. So, I have at least 3 best friends.

I deff. have a best friend.
I know this sounds terrible and mean, but I really do love her a little bit more than I love my other friends.
She's like a sister to me, she's the only person I can completely be myself with.
ily, bff!

I have never had a best friend, like Lil_Tink said their just my aquaintances [sp?] that I know and maybe go out with a few times. I think the word best friend describes someone that you can talk to about anything, I mean when you get married you can't tell everything to your husband but you can to your best friend.

Like Shelby said it was hard picking one when I was little and its still hard because I don't think I can ever find a "true" best friend. I'm done now. :)

I have one best friend. We have been friends since I was 3. (shes a year younger) I love her to death, I would do anything for her, she is like my sister, her family is like my second family. I even love her bf, and he loves me(which isn't common with him and her friends). they are even going to name their first daughter after me!(lol,she is only 16, but i think they will be together for a while) We can talk about everything and anything forever! We are probably 2 of the most strange people you will ever meet, and we love it. I don't know what I would do with out her, I know she is always there for me, and I for her. I can't believe I moved like 3000 miles away from her. BUt!!! she is coming to visit me this summer and i can't wait!!!!

so yes i have a bestfriend and I've known she was my best friend my entire life, I don't even remember meeting her, thats how long we have been friends.

call me crazy, but my best friend is my dog, 'Zoe'. she's the only one i can to talk to about anything and shes the only one who keeps secrets. i consider my mom a friend but shes just a "friend". not best friend. "friend". i have no social life except volleyball and i only see the girls twice a week and im homeschooled so it sucks. i just have no one to talk to but you guys and even then, i cant open up to any of you(no offense)because we really dont know each other. so i cant tell you my deepest, darkest, secrets because its like walking up to a stranger and letting out all your secrets. so, 'Zoe' is my best friend. yeah she cant talk but i know she understands me by the way she looks at me. half the time she looks at me like im nuts but i have no one else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter