Best fish & chips?

Which place has the best fish & chips?

• Raglan Road

• Rose & Crown

• Yorkshire County Fish Shop

Results are only viewable after voting.

bangzoom6877

DIS Veteran
I love fish and chips...when the fish is crispy but not greasy, no soggy, chewy or reheated tasting fish please! And nice crispy chips too. With tartar sauce to dip the fish. Based on my preferences, which would be best to get fish and chips...Raglan Road, Rose & Crown, or Yorkshire County Fish Shop? We could fit any of these into our plans, as we could go to either Raglan Road or Rose & Crown for dinner, and we're eating lunch from a few different CS Places at Epcot one day (sharing a few things to sample foods from different countries).

We have had the fish and chips at both Raglan Road and Yorkshire County Fish Shop. We honestly preferred YCFS. We absolutely love Raglan Road, and it is a must-do for us, but the fish and chips at YCFS continue to beat all comers so far!

We were happy with the fish and chips at Rose and Crown. I tend to over-do it on the beef when I am at WDW (because it provides good value on the DDP) - so the fish and chips must be good if I am going to use a Dining Plan credit - and I was not disappointed :)

I enjoyed the R&C fish and chips, but I would put the YCFH above for convenience. My FIL still talks about them and he came with us over two tears ago.

Is the Fish from YCFS and Rose and Crown exactly the same? :confused3

I don't recall if the portion sizes are the same, but IIRC the product is the same.
My experience is that the YCFS was fresher & hotter. The one time I had it inside at R&C it was kind of soggy, as if it had been prepared earlier and kept warm.:earsboy:

gather food from different countries and gather at the American Pavilion to eat. My daughter always eats things from there.

This trip my wife and I both chose fish and chips from Yorkshire. Even after stopping at Japan for sushi for our son and waiting a long time (for no discernible reason) at the American Pavilion for my daughter's meal, the Yorkshire fish was still pretty crisp and tasty. It completely out shown the fish at Columbia Harbor House that we ate right after receiving it.

I've only had the fish & chips from Raglan Road and I thought they were ok. Not bad but not great.

To be fair, Yorkshire is the only I've had them, but they were delicious. Not greasy or too fishy. We really enjoyed them and plan on having them next trip.

Definitely YCFS. Some of the best I've ever had and you can't beat the price.

I like Raglan Road, but still enjoy Rose & Crown and Yorkshire. The fish and chips at Rose & Crown has changed over the years and I don't think it's as good as it used too be, but that's the case with most of the Disney-run restaurants these days. It usually comes down to where I am at the time and what I'm in the mood for. Dining in the parks has generally become more of a convenient necessity.

Cooks of Dublin!

Based on our experience at Rose and Crown we would never eat their fish and chips again. It was over breaded and had grease dripping out of it but Raglan Roads was cooked perfectly! Yorkshire was pretty much the same. It could have been that the oil wasn't hot enough the times we are there but it's three times and you are out with us...

Thanks everyone for the opinions! I think I'll end up trying them at YCFS the day we arrive when we're eating around the WS. We're planning to share a few things from different countries, specifically ones we're not going to later in the trip for TS restaurants. So that leaves UK, Morocco (gonna try Spice Road Table, the new one opening by the end of 2013), china, Japan, Norway and possibly Italy (not sure yet if we're having dinner there one night). We're skipping America because it's food we could have any time, and same with Canada. From Norway I think I'm going to pick up some danish to eat for breakfast the next morning since we have most breakfasts in the room anyway. Even though we're going to chefs de France for lunch one day, I'll get some pastries from the bakery in France another day at Epcot to have the following morning too. :thumbsup2. We're not going to be on a dining plan so no worries about credits or is places take the DDP.

I've eaten fish & chips at YCFS three times, Raglan Road five, and R&C once.

I looove Raglan Road -- it's my favorite restaurant in Disney -- but YCFS beats Raglan Road in the fish & chips department. Bigger, crispier, and all around better.

Go to YCFS for fish & chips and if you also go to Raglan, get the scallop forest appetizer (batter fried scallops). Basically fish & chips with scallops not cod/haddock. Yum!

And I totally recommend the new scallop and pork belly gnocchi entree that was introduced at Raglan Road last week. Insanely delicious. I re-ordered my January visit around that entree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter