Best finds at the parks for keto or low carb or sugar free options?

barefootMom

Mouseketeer
Hi all - I have found a few posts but am wondering if anyone has some good restaurants or good snack finds that would either be good for a diabetic or Keto diet? Yes, I know about turkey legs and that the buffets are good options because of all the meats but what other things have people found? I know I can also bring snacks in but I like to travel light so am just wondering if anyone has some great finds?

Hi all - I have found a few posts but am wondering if anyone has some good restaurants or good snack finds that would either be good for a diabetic or Keto diet? Yes, I know about turkey legs and that the buffets are good options because of all the meats but what other things have people found? I know I can also bring snacks in but I like to travel light so am just wondering if anyone has some great finds?

The DFB has a post you might find helpful- https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018...ng-tips-how-to-eat-keto-at-walt-disney-world/

You might also try searching the boards for diabetic options, as those would also be focused on low carb.

Norway has a no added sugar dessert in the bakery which tastes wonderful but it is made with berries so isn't sugar free as such, I don't know if that fits in with your way of eating. There is also a no added sugar strawberry popsicle available at the carts where the regular ice lollies are sold. The stalls in Epcot for the various festivals there usually have something which is low carb like scallops or similar

I would suggest looking at TS menus before going and then when there asking for something to be made special using ingredients that are advertised as being available, especially with the salads. I've had great success at some of the higher end TS restaurants getting sautéed green veggies and wonderful salads. I'm not even sure asparagus was on the menu but the chef offered it to me and it was delicious. I've always gone in very open-minded and asked the chef if she/he has any suggestions for something that would be easier for them to prepare in the kitchen. More than once their eyes have lit up with the request of something healthy, fresh, and green and letting them be creative.

There are many low carb snacks that take up minimal space...moon cheese, nuts, salami or jerky. I have only found a couple items at WDW that are keto-friendly. Many resort QS locations have hard-boiled eggs to-go. Some QS will have basic to-go salads with iceberg lettuce. The resorts that have DVC will have a grocery section in the QS or gift shop and there is bulk packaged cheese, lunch meats, raw bacon, butter, etc...basically dirty keto. I prefer to order groceries from off-site and bring from home some higher-fat salad toppings like hemp hearts and pine nuts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter