Best Fast Pass options with children

Shannon R

Earning My Ears
Hello! I am planning my fastpass selections now and I want some personal opinions from people who have traveled with young children. We are traveling with a 4, 2.5, and 1 year old so there are several rides that they cannot go on that we typically get fast passes for. Do you suggest I choose fast passes for rides that they can get on or for rides they can't get on? Im so torn! Thanks in advance!

I'm taking my almost 2 yr old for the first time soon. I choose to mostly pick FPs she can ride. The one exception was Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. I haven't done this one before and it was one of the few things I really want to do. Otherwise I'm planning to just skip rides like Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Test Track, etc.. This trip I'm focussed on introducing her to Disney and making sure she enjoys herself.

We are only going to be in the parks two days. Maybe if we were going to the same park more than once I would use a couple more of the FPs for things she can't ride.

We went with a 4 year old and 1 year old this past April and I mostly chose FP that they can all go on. Peter Pan, Under the Sea, Small World, Buzz, etc. On one of the days we were there, I split up between my husband and I. So I would get a FP for my 4 year old and I for Mine Train and get my husband a FP for Winnie the Pooh so he can go on with the 1 year old. It worked out well so my 4 year old could go on Mine Train, Barnstormer and BTMRR.

We took a 4y and 9 mo old in Jan, and you'll be surprised at how much they can do. We took the baby on pretty much every ride without a height requirement, and he did just fine. My 4 y/o is tall for his age - he was 43" at time of travel - and he enjoyed Splash and BTMRR. He rode Barnstormer for the first time when he was 2, and made us ride 3 more times in a row he loved it so much. 7DMT was deemed "too scary" this last trip, but he still rode twice. Both kids have liked TSMMM on both visits. We skipped ToT, RnRC, and Space Mtn. Hubby and I took turns on EE via single rider line, while the other waited with the kids in the Boneyard (playground). TT was his favorite ride of all, and he can't wait until we go back in a few months to ride it again. We did Soarin' as well. He got to ride every height requirement ride twice, since we utilized rider swap. This was a big perk for him, except when we made him ride 7D twice, haha. On our first visit, when he was a young 2, we learned that he didn't like dark rides. PP made him cry, and he wasn't even a fan of Pooh (except playing in the queue). Other than that, I think WDW's height requirements are a pretty good gauge of what's going to be appropriate. Obviously all kids are different, but as long as you are a little flexible if they don't like something, there's no harm in trying!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter