Best Epcot Restaurant?

Did you like more than 5 restaurants in Epcot?

• Total voters
As with any asked for opinions on restaurants, you will get responses across the spectrum. Still, it's usually fun to get varied opinions; however, my best advice is to not be afraid to try what you want in order to form your own judgments. That being said, here are a few of my thoughts:

PREFERRED
Coral Reef - Yes, mixed reviews but I've only had good service and food during my visits. Octopus appetizer is one of the better dishes we've tried at any Disney restaurant. Decent wine list and watching the aquatic life (and divers) in the tank is a bonus.
Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar - Excellent small plates/antipasto, superb wine list, and lovely, relaxed ambiance. Best of the three I've listed here.
Tutto Italia - Solid food and service, though I agree with previous poster that Il Mulino is a much better option with small plates as an available option and much better wine list.

MIDDLE OF THE ROAD
Marrakesh - While not the best Middle Eastern cuisine I've had, it's certainly decent. Service has been good.
Rose and Crown - Tasty food and a fun atmosphere. Not a must-do, but certainly is enjoyable.
Akershus - Breakfast, at least. Cheesy potatoes are addictive. Princess interaction is good. A bit pricey.

UNREMARKABLE
San Angel - Food is unimaginative and poorly executed. Too bad as ambiance can be good (though often too crowded).
Monsieur Paul - Truthfully, this belongs in a separate category such as AWFUL. By far, the worst dining experience I've had in the World. Overpriced menu. Sloppily executed dishes. Poor service. The food & service would have been sub-par without the distinction of being a Signature; since it is one, they were stunningly bad.
Apart from the octopus wich other dishes you recommend?

I honestly think the only way you will know is to try them yourself as I've read all the posts and there are so many conflicting opinions on the same restaurants. Experiences can be swayed by our mood, our companions, our hunger, our different tastes and our expectations. These can all come together to make a meal a must-do or a complete disaster.

I honestly think the only way you will know is to try them yourself as I've read all the posts and there are so many conflicting opinions on the same restaurants. Experiences can be swayed by our mood, our companions, our hunger, our different tastes and our expectations. These can all come together to make a meal a must-do or a complete disaster.
Completely agree. Also the mood of the server and the chefs. Anything can happen.

Lean Cuisine lol. That was hilarious!
What your favorite dish at Garden Grill?
It seems to change every time I go. It's an all you can eat, set menu that is served family style. Pretty much everything on the menu is fresh and good. Never had a bad meal here and it's a must do for our family since the mid 90's. I wish I was kidding about the lean cuisine. I swear if I thought about it long enough I could even tell you which one it tasted like. I couldn't finish my meal out of pure disappointment. lol

It seems to change every time I go. It's an all you can eat, set menu that is served family style. Pretty much everything on the menu is fresh and good. Never had a bad meal here and it's a must do for our family since the mid 90's. I wish I was kidding about the lean cuisine. I swear if I thought about it long enough I could even tell you which one it tasted like. I couldn't finish my meal out of pure disappointment. lol
Too bad for that. I will give it a try to the Garden. Thanks.

While I don't have a list of five, I will put my thoughts out on a couple. :)

Sam Angel Inn in the Mexico Pavilion - the food has never disappointed (and in my opinion is very good for Mexican cuisine), and the ambiance in and of itself makes dining an amazing experience. I have always loved sitting by candlelight underneath the stars and watching the boats sail on by as we eat. It makes for a fun, immersive dining adventure that you can't get anywhere else.

Tokyo Dining - I thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of the meal. The sushi was fantastic, as was as most of the desserts. It also offers a fantastic view of Illuminations from the dining hall, which I took part of a couple of years ago and had a great time.

Rose and Crown - every time I have visited it was all-around fun. Dining in or outside doesn't really change the experience as they are all pleasant. Food has always been good (I personally enjoyed the Fish and Chips), and has been my family's favorite for years.

Very disappointed with Tokyo Dining on our recent trip - not bad exactly but ranks as our bottom experience. Also not wowed by Yachtsman. It was no more than 'fine' and I wouldn't go there again. Wish we'd opted for Flying Fish instead. Can't report on anything else at Epcot recently, sorry.

Some of my top favorites are:
1. Via Napoli
2. Le Cellier
3. Akershus (breakfast)

My least favorite that I have tried has been Teppan Edo. The food wasn't horrible but it wasn't one of my favorites. Our upcoming trip we are trying Garden Grill breakfast and San Angel Inn for dinner.

My favorites are the Biergarten and La Hacienda.

Least favorite would be Le Cellier, just because it's way over-hyped and overpriced. The food is good, but it's not worth the signature price/credits.

Favorites:
Chef de France
Via Napoli
Rose and Crown
Le Cellier
San Angel Inn

Least Favorites:
Marrakesh
Akershus

Just Ok Meals:
Teppan Edo
Biergarten

Never Eaten At:
Nine Dragons
Garden Grill
Coral Reef

Our favorite restaurant in Epcot is Biergarten, hands down. Food is always good, lots to choose from, fun atmosphere and entertainment, and as a bonus for us, the chefs are always phenomenal with our children's food allergies.

We also enjoy Rose and Crown and Le Cellier.

The only other TS we have dined at here is Via Napoli, and we didn't care for it.

Apart from the octopus wich other dishes you recommend?
The mahi-mahi was solid, not spectacular; however, the seared rainbow trout was quite tasty and expertly prepared, though I believe that has given way to a verlasso salmon. A few others have noted that better restaurants exist not too far outside the International Gateway to Epcot, and I must agree with them. However, since what you inquired about was Epcot, I limited my suggestions to that park. Have fun choosing!

Last edited:
While I don't have a list of five, I will put my thoughts out on a couple. :)

Sam Angel Inn in the Mexico Pavilion - the food has never disappointed (and in my opinion is very good for Mexican cuisine), and the ambiance in and of itself makes dining an amazing experience. I have always loved sitting by candlelight underneath the stars and watching the boats sail on by as we eat. It makes for a fun, immersive dining adventure that you can't get anywhere else.

Tokyo Dining - I thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of the meal. The sushi was fantastic, as was as most of the desserts. It also offers a fantastic view of Illuminations from the dining hall, which I took part of a couple of years ago and had a great time.

Rose and Crown - every time I have visited it was all-around fun. Dining in or outside doesn't really change the experience as they are all pleasant. Food has always been good (I personally enjoyed the Fish and Chips), and has been my family's favorite for years.
The mahi-mahi was solid, not spectacular; however, the seared rainbow trout was quite tasty and expertly prepared, though I believe that has given way to a verlasso salmon. A few others have noted that better restaurants exist not too far outside the International Gateway to Epcot, and I must agree with them. However, since what you inquired about was Epcot, I limited my suggestions to that park. Have fun choosing!
Thanks for the help. Very appreciated.

Top 5
1. Teppan Edo
2. Rose & Crown
3. LeCellier
4. San Angel
5. Via Napoli

Bottom 5
1. Askerhus
2. Biergarten
3. Coral Reef
4. Marrakesh
5. Nine Dragons

Ok experiences
Garden Grill

My favorite Epcot restaurants are La Hacienda, Via Napoli & Tokyo Dining.

I enjoyed Biergarten the first time we ate there, we ate with this really fun energetic people and had a great time. The second time we ate there, we sat with a bunch of snooty people who kept telling their children to finish their meal quickly so they can make their FP. Why they booked their FP & ADR so close together is beyond me. :confused3

My least favorite ones I won't go back to. San Angel, Spice Road Table & Nine Dragons.

The rest of the restaurants in Epcot are just ok.

My favorite Epcot restaurants are La Hacienda, Via Napoli & Tokyo Dining.

I enjoyed Biergarten the first time we ate there, we ate with this really fun energetic people and had a great time. The second time we ate there, we sat with a bunch of snooty people who kept telling their children to finish their meal quickly so they can make their FP. Why they booked their FP & ADR so close together is beyond me. :confused3

My least favorite ones I won't go back to. San Angel, Spice Road Table & Nine Dragons.

The rest of the restaurants in Epcot are just ok.
What's your recommendations for meals at Biergarten?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter