Best electrolyte powder for a summer visit?

I like LMNT. I get just the plain,I don’t care for flavors or added sugars or sweetener but they have a variety of flavors if you like that. They are good quality but a bit pricey. Amazon sells them.

Lyte Show is a good electrolyte drop if you're not looking for something flavored, but even though it's "flavorless" it definitely has kind of a flavor to it. I used it for running for a long time and didn't really mind the flavor, but I much prefer the Propel packets I've been using for the last year or so.

If you aren't sensitive to sucralose or sweetners like that, Liquid IV is pretty good. I didn't read the ingredients before trying one, got a terrible migraine (sucralose is a trigger), so my daughter is finishing off the box of packets.
I have trouble finding an electrolyte for that exact reason. Is there any you would suggest?

Please keep this thread on topic re: OP's request of electrolyte powders. This thread is not to be a 'electrolytes vs water thread.' Each person will do what works best for them.

Further discussions about why one is better than another will be removed.

Please keep this thread on topic re: OP's request of electrolyte powders. This thread is not to be a 'electrolytes vs water thread.' Each person will do what works best for them.

Further discussions about why one is better than another will be removed.
Did I misunderstand something? The electrolyte powders I'm familiar with get mixed into water, so that's what I was suggesting.

I guess just to be clear, the Propel water packets I suggested are for mixing into water, they come as little individual packets of powder. I've bought them at Target and on Amazon.

Did I misunderstand something? The electrolyte powders I'm familiar with get mixed into water, so that's what I was suggesting.

I guess just to be clear, the Propel water packets I suggested are for mixing into water, they come as little individual packets of powder. I've bought them at Target and on Amazon.
I was reminding people that OP is asking about electrolytes. Some posters were saying that these are not needed and water is just fine. That may be the case for them but this thread is intended for people to share what works for them in the form of assistance when water is not enough, not convince others why they don't need anything except water.

Discussing what people use that is not just plain water is fine.

Hope this helps.

I have trouble finding an electrolyte for that exact reason. Is there any you would suggest?
The Lyte Show drops I recommended a few posts back are unflavored and unsweetened, just the electrolytes. The bottle is 4oz, but it comes with a smaller "travel flask" that you can decant some into from the bigger bottle that would be TSA friendly (I've taken it in a carry-on before). It does have a flavor that they describe as "slightly tart and salty," which I'd say is accurate. It's noticeable but not entirely unpleasant. I wish I had a powder recommendation, but I used these for years after running and found they worked great.

I was reminding people that OP is asking about electrolytes. Some posters were saying that these are not needed and water is just fine. That may be the case for them but this thread is intended for people to share what works for them in the form of assistance when water is not enough, not convince others why they don't need anything except water.

Discussing what people use that is not just plain water is fine.

Hope this helps.
Thank you, I hadn't seen those posts so didn't realize!

As a runner, I usually use normal Gatorade, but the Gatorade powders are not that bad. I think it is just called Gatorade Thirst Quencher Powder. If you want to keep calories down you can do the Gatorade G Zero powder. The flavors are basically all the same as the Gatorade flavors, so if you are familiar with those, the taste will match that fairly closely.

As a runner, I usually use normal Gatorade, but the Gatorade powders are not that bad. I think it is just called Gatorade Thirst Quencher Powder. If you want to keep calories down you can do the Gatorade G Zero powder. The flavors are basically all the same as the Gatorade flavors, so if you are familiar with those, the taste will match that fairly closely.
I really like G2 when I need an extra boost over water - not all the sugars but gives you the electrolytes/fluids. I'll have to look and see if they have powders but sounds like Zero will work too!

We used to just drink water but last summer we tried liquid IV packets and they made such a difference! Now we take them on all vacations. They’re great after a night of drinking as well!

It's really a matter of what kind of sweetener you like. I buy Propel and it is ok but it has Sucralose which I can only handle in small doses. If you can try a few flavors or brands, I'd recommend that, as I've learned that what one person thinks tastes good, another might find repulsive. If you have access to delivery or can stop at a store, I'd even get some bottled drinks like Body Armor or Powerade or whatever you like. I really struggle with artificial sweeteners so I tend to go for Body Armor, even though it has a lot of sugar.

I'm local and I know that Disney encourages cast to use company provided electrolyte powders and popsicles. The heat is a lot. I get headaches from it if I don't use electrolytes and I don't even do full days in the parks.

Whatever you choose, try it at home before. Some have weird or really salty flavors that you may not like (or even make you nauseous). Some, especially those with artificial sweeteners, can taste sickeningly sweet to me. And, some of the artificial sweeteners (looking at you, Sucralose) can have negative effects for some people that can make you dehydrated

We used mostly Liquid IV last summer with some gatorade powder packs mixed in. We had the kids try them ahead of time to figure out which ones we liked- they're definitely a little saltier tasting so I'd make sure everyone is on board with them. We're currently experimenting with adding Mio drops to the mix for this year as we're going back in August. They have some that are electrolytes and the kids like that they can just put in however much the like (instead of me trying to deal with half sleeves of liquid IV in their water bottles).

I like LiquidIV. The flavors I drink use a mix of pure cane sugar and stevia for sweetening. I like the Pina Colada, Grape, and Cherry best of the flavors I have tried so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter