Best DVC Resort?

I'd recommend Beach Club as well. Arguably the best pool and the easy walk into Wold Showcase is great.
There we go! I was waiting for someone to suggest Beach Club. I don't even swim, and yet BCV is still my favorite. I love being able to walk over to Epcot, come back to rest, read a little. And DH likes that we can get to Beaches and Cream for a No Way Jose Sundae even in the rain, without getting wet! I used to love to read in the Solarium, but lately they've been using that for recreation activities, so I'll be looking for a new reading nook.

We love OKW because of the beach snd playground next to pool, the great staff at the pool and community house and everything is very close, the boat to Disney springs. It is spread out and if you aren’t close to community house there can be a walk or drive. There is one quick meal place which I find is sufficient for us but maybe not enough for you. The rooms are quite large, the one bedrooms have a full laundry room and kitchen. And good views of water or golf course. We also don’t get to parks much anymore.

Poly is great. The room will be the biggest of all the studios. You will get a second shower which comes in handy. The DVC studios have a queen bed, and the sofa turns into a Murphy bed which is so much better than a pull out. You also have the smaller bed that pulls down from the wall so each child can have their own sleeping space.

I love the Poly for the convenience for sure. Easy wall to the TTC and get monorail to Epcot or MK.

As to choosing among Poly, BWV, and AKV, be aware: (a) Poly has the largest studios, had a refurbishment in 2021-22 and thus rooms are in excellent shape, and there is the queen bed, a pull down from the wall Murphy bed for 2, and another smaller Murphy bed (fine for either of the kids), that pulls out of a cabinet beneath the TV, and the two showers.

BWV is undergoing refurb now and should be done by March 2024, meaning you likely will get a room that is practically new if you reserve there. It will also have the Murphy pull down from the wall and the smaller Murphy pull out from a cabinet.

AKV will have a room refurbishment going on in 2024 and thus will likely be occurring in March 2024. Probability is that you would not get a room that has completed the refurb, but instead one that has not had a refurb in 7 years, which still has the pull-out couch bed which are not as comfortable as the Murphy pull-downs from the wall. Also, AKV studios do not have the Murphy bed that pulls out of the cabinet. Also, if desire is to be near the pool, a non-guaranteed room location request for near the pool should be made, because at Jambo, your room can be near to very far form the pool, and if Kidani, the room can be extremely far (more than 1/3 mile from the pool.

Poly is my kid’s favorite resort. It meets all your criteria and it’s so nice to be so close to MK and you can take strollers right on the monorail. And its so easy to visit the other monorail resorts. AK is great for kids too but as previously mentioned it lacks good quick service and the only having busses isn’t ideal. We own at Poly, OKW and BWV, and they’re all great in their own ways but for your situation I’d recommend Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter