Best Drink at Trader Sams?

Jennygt

DIS Veteran
So what is your favorite drink at Trader Sams? Why did you choose it? Best taste? Best container? Best presentation?

Also what is the one thing to eat we just HAVE to order?

We tried the Hippopotamaitai, Uh Oa, and the one served in the Nautalus. We enjoyed all of them, but not everyone agrees with us. If you like Maitais, you will like that one. The others are more adventurous. For the Uh Oa, you determine how much cinnamon goes into it.

We did not try the food.

We ordered based on the drinks themselves, not the presentation. I liked the HippopotoMaiTai, but it was VERY strong. The Tikitikitikitikitiki rum was also very good, and really fun to order after a few drinks. :D The UhOa was interesting.. but make it a first drink, not a third. Trust me. :rolleyes1

The food is decent. I really liked the tacos, the dumplings were okay, and the sausages were tasty, but had a lot of gristle in them. I don't think I would consider any of them to be MUSTS though.

Sorry that this question veers away from drinks but...does anyone know if they serve the Chinese long beans at Trader Sam's in WDW like they have in DL? I love those things and I don't like beans. But they are super addicting.

Sorry that this question veers away from drinks but...does anyone know if they serve the Chinese long beans at Trader Sam's in WDW like they have in DL? I love those things and I don't like beans. But they are super addicting.

They don't, sadly.

Trader Sams Enchanted Tiki Bar, not Trader Sams Grog Grotto. Disney World is a copycat of disneyland that is why its bigger. If there was more room at Disneyland, Disney World would of never exisited.

The one drink I cannot recommend is the Castaway Crush:crazy2: DH and I both thought it was pretty bad- way too much nutmeg. We even passed it around to our table mates (alcohol makes you close fast;)) and they all thought it was awful. When our server asked how things were we told him and he said "Yeah, we get that a lot." Great. I'm glad we wasted like $12 on it:rotfl: DH had the Hippopotamaitai and it was pretty good. The Shrunken Zombie Head was good, too, but strong. The winner was the Krakatoa Punch:thumbsup2

Had a shrunken zombie head this past July and thought it was very good. Love the mug it came in. Can't wait to try some others on our next trip this summer. I am not a fan of some of the recent changes to the Poly but I love the additions of Trader Sam's and the Tiki Terrace!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter