Best downtown Disney restaurant for eating and drinks?

KenziesMommy85

Earning My Ears
We will be arriving at our hotel just in time for a yummy dinner and to enjoy some drinks after a travel day! Yay! And since our hotel (PO FQ) is a boat ride from downtown Disney I figured we would go there. What's a restaurant there with a really kind of fun, makes you wanna stay atmosphere? Good food and great for relaxing and celebrating the start of a vacation? I read about that Irish pub but idk if we are Irish pub kind of people? Lol

Paradiso 37 and Ragland Road (the Irish pub ;)) are good ones. Check out the menus at allears.net. Paradiso has indoor and outdoor seating and they say they have the coldest beers and over 50 tequilas. Ragland can get loud...really loud.

I have to say that my choice would be Raglan Road. Really fun atmosphere and great food.

We always hit up DTD on our arrival day! Raglan Road is my personal favorite and it is a must-do on every trip for us. The "Irish pub" feel extends beyond the atmosphere of what we think of as a "pub". The food is fantastic but we also enjoy the entertainment (Irish bands, river dancers, etc.) and the specialty drinks! If I had to choose a second favorite it would be Paradiso 37. They always seem to have good entertainment as well and the food is good but lacking the overall theme that RR displays.

We had reservations at Ragland Road during our stay last year for an anniversary dinner. Unfortunately, we had our flight cancelled and were pushed back to a 10:00pm arrival. Dinner had to be canceled for airport food. We missed the entertainment of a nice Saturday night at Ragland but we did get to try it again the day of our flight home. We had lunch there on a very empty January day. The food was excellent and unique and the staff was great to us. They made good recommendations based on our tastes and were patient with us. Enjoy your anniversary!!!

Totally second all of the pps. I hear nothing but fantastic things about Raglan Road. Have a great trip :)

We will be arriving at our hotel just in time for a yummy dinner and to enjoy some drinks after a travel day! Yay! And since our hotel (PO FQ) is a boat ride from downtown Disney I figured we would go there. What's a restaurant there with a really kind of fun, makes you wanna stay atmosphere? Good food and great for relaxing and celebrating the start of a vacation? I read about that Irish pub but idk if we are Irish pub kind of people? Lol

How are you traveling - Driving? Flying? What does "just in time for a yummy dinner" mean to you? Who is in your party -- Adults? Children? Ages?
Travel day can be full of unexpected, uncontrollable delays. Travel day is usually long and tiring. I usually do not make an ADR for travel day any sooner than 5 - 6 hours after I expect to arrive. If you are delayed and miss your ADR you will be charged a $10/person no show fee.
We love Raglan Road, but the folks on the DIS can not tell you if you will like an Irish pub if you think you may not.
I think I would stick with Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace or Earl of Sandwich. Both are QS and do not need an ADR you could miss. Both are very good.
Good Luck

This will sound weird, but we like the food at Splitsville, and they always seem to have live music when we go, which really means vacation to us. Sushi at a bowling alley? Yes.

I like House of Blues. They have good ribs and plenty of beer.

Thanks, guys! Definitely had been checking out Paradiso... But you're so convincing of raglan! Does Paradiso have outdoor seating, too? We love to people watch!

And we are flying.. But I don't think we should have too many delays.. As our flight is direct. I Think we would definitely like to have a sit down FS meal
Though after traveling all day. Would that be impossible at DTD the night before the Fourth of July without an ADR?

Considering your travel day...I'd take the chance and make an ADR. We have had issues come up on our arrival day that have forced us to cancel ADRs, but I think I'd be inclined to take the risk if you're arriving on a holiday.

Raglan Road, hands down. Amazing food, great drinks, fun atmosphere. It's not a "pub" setting in the traditional sense.

Thanks guys! I made ADRs at Paradiso! I looked at pictures, and it looked really cool. And the menu looks pretty good. I made them for 9:15pm and we land at 5:55pm, and have a car service coming to get to the hotel.. So I think we should be okay? Lol. And since we will be on california time it will really feel like 6:15pm to us.. So dinner time! Haha

At Downtown Disney we enjoy:

Bongo's Cuban Café
Fulton's Crab House
House of Blues
Paradiso 37
Portobello
Raglan Road
Wolfgang Puck Café-The Dining Room

We avoid like the plague:

Planet Hollywood
Rainforest Café
T-Rex Cafe

Was coming here to recommend Raglan Road, but saw everyone else had already done so.

I vote for Paradiso 37 The food is good and there is entertainment and seating on the deck is nice weather permitting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter