Best Disney Springs Restaurants

RRZJ

Mouseketeer
We currently have an ADR for Homecomin', but after reading all of the negative reviews, I'm starting to doubt our decision. What is your favorite Disney Springs restaurant and why? We've been to Boat House, Bongos, House of Blues, Morimoto, Rainforest, Raglan Road, and T-Rex over the years. Are we missing something great (e.g., Paddlefish or Homecomin') or should we change plans and skip Disney Springs for something else?

My favorite right now is The Boathouse, but it's also at a different price point than Homecomin' or Raglan Road, both of which are very good also. Polite Pig, D-Luxe, Puck's Express, Cooke's, and Blaze are all excellent at what they do. I haven't been to Morimoto or their counter service and I am looking forward to The Edison.

I have heard great things about Homecomin' and Paddlefish. Sometimes I over research our trips/dining/FP+ everything. And then the things I over-engineer the most, I sometimes wish I just stuck with what I had. Last trip I agonized over our EPCOT lunch and in the end regretted my change. Should have stuck with what I had. But back to your questions.... we only do casual dining at DS since we usually shop while there and don't want to spend anymore $$ than we have to. D Luxe is pretty good for counter service but completely different than Homecomin.

We had lunch at Paddlefish in October and we loved it. DH & DS had boils, which were a ton of food. I had the Lobster Roll and loved it. We will go back

I had a hard-to-get precious ADR for Homecomin' that I was very excited about. But when it came time, I owned up to the hard truth that neither my SIL or my DH care for eating fried chicken. So I switched it for a 2nd go at Yak & Yeti which we all enjoyed thoroughly. I also sent DH and SIL for lunch at Morimoto's while the rest of us hung out at Epcot - they enjoyed that thoroughly. It would have been much more convenient for them to eat at either Nine Dragons, Tokyo Dining, or Teppan Edo but the none of those menus appealed to them as much as Morimoto. Still hoping to make it to Homecomin' some day :)

We've only eaten at a fraction of the restaurants at DS, but out of the one's we've tried Morimoto's is our favorite.

We ate there last December and it was our favorite meal of a 12 night stay. Food was the best Asian style food we've ever had and the service really stood out for us. Our waitress and busboy seemed to genuinely enjoy working there.

Had excellent dinners at both Homecomin' and the Boathouse a few weeks ago. We had Homecomin' early in our trip so we went back and had a very good lunch. If we had done the Boathouse early in the trip might have gone there also for lunch.

We are at homecomin yesterday and loved it!! We’re from the south too with many good Southern cooks in our family so thought we were going to be super critical of the food haha. Everything we had was delicious and cocktails were awesome too.

Any restaurant will have negative reviews--I've even seen a couple critical of V & A's. If you've not been to Homecoming, then why not give it a try? You won't know until you go. That aside, my two experiences at Homecoming left me underwhelmed--not bad by any stretch but not exceptional, either. The drink I had was very good, though, and service was decent. On the other and, we've enjoyed our visits to both Boathouse and Morimoto's. The atmosphere and ambiance at both is better than Homecoming's. Food is good at both, though with Morimoto's you have to choose carefully--some of the dishes are similar to something you can get in pretty much any Chinese or Japanese restaurant. Others are topnotch, such as the buri bop (only offered at dinner). Again, if you've not been to Homecoming, I'd say try it just to see what you think. We all go to places with preconceived notions, so unless a menu totally turns you off, then try anything once.

But when it came time, I owned up to the hard truth that neither my SIL or my DH care for eating fried chicken. So I switched

We ate at Homecomin for the first time last month. We both love fried chicken and my wife ordered that (but I did steal some and it was great!!). But there were certainly other things on the menu to choose from. I ordered the pork barbecue plate and it was delicious, especially with Momma's mac and cheese. Also other entrees as well as sandwiches. I think all of you would have enjoyed going and would have found something you liked. I'll be rooting for you to convince them to go!!

Boathouse and Paradiso 37 were great on our last trip... will be trying Art Smiths new Restaurant in December

We ate at Homecomin for the first time last month. We both love fried chicken and my wife ordered that (but I did steal some and it was great!!). But there were certainly other things on the menu to choose from. I ordered the pork barbecue plate and it was delicious, especially with Momma's mac and cheese. Also other entrees as well as sandwiches. I think all of you would have enjoyed going and would have found something you liked. I'll be rooting for you to convince them to go!!

I'll make it there sometime :) For this trip, they wanted healthier food and neither are into diner/southern comfort foods. Or more likely - they both craved Asian food by that stage of the trip!

We had dinner at Paddlefish last night. I really liked the clam chowder and my husband liked the scallops. The shrimp and grits wasn't my favorite version, but it was fine. The one negative was that my husband's Manhatten was $20.25, That was way too much money for a mixed drink.

Boathouse has been a favorite of ours two years in a row now.

We went to Paddlefish as well and really liked it, but I have seen more mixed feelings on that place compared to Boathouse.

I LOVE Morimoto, Paddlefish, STK, Fontera Cocina and Boathouse!

Haven't been to Homecomin' yet, but I'll try to fix that this visit. The only reason that we haven't been yet is a little silly - my parents went shortly after they opened for brunch ... they LOVED the food, but my Mom couldn't get a mimosa unless she bought the whole bottle of bubbles. Kinda ridiculous, but that's the reason that's kept me from going.

Another vote for the Boathouse from us. We ate dinner there last year and enjoyed it so much we went back for lunch another day. We sat outside overlooking the water, amphicars and Characters in flight balloon, the service and food was excellent. We'll be back in 10 days for more of the same.

Homecomin' is one of our very favorite restaurants on WDW property. I normally do not like fried chicken (or super Southern food at all for that matter) - at all, but I decided to try it because it is the specialty there. WOW!! It is SO good. We actually split the friend chicken and shared a few appetizers over the course of several hours while we relaxed at the bar and had a few drinks. We are moving close to WDW next summer and we decided that Homecomin' is going to be one of our "hang out" restaurants. It's THAT good.

We also like Boathouse and have been there several times, but we think Homecomin' is the better of the two restaurants.

There are a bunch that we have not yet tried, but as of now, Boathouse. We've been there twice and both times, our dinner was great. We also tried Homecomin' which was pretty good, but not amazing.

We had lunch at Homecoming earlier this month and it was excellent. Probably one of the best restaurant for comfort food. All the food we had there was absolutely delicious. The macaroni and cheese was probably the best I have ever eaten. I would highly recommend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter