• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Disney Hotel for family of 5?

minivan3

Mouseketeer
I am researching for our 1st ever DL trip in Oct. 06 trip.

My question is what kind of rooms are available to a family of 5? Our children will be: DS14, DD13, & DS8.

We are leaning toward the GC. But by looking on the official hotel site, it breaks the rooms down to 2 queen beds, or one King bed with a bunk bed. Neither one will be big enough for us. Fine print reads that sleeping bags are available on request. I don't think I will pay that $$ to stay there , then have one of my kids sleep on the floor in a sleeping bag. :rotfl:

So, is our only option to book a suite?

Family of fivers, please share what you have gotten in the past and was it enough room, or are you better off booking 2 standard rooms?

Thanks.

If you stay at the Disneyland Hotel or Paradise Pier you will have a day bad for the 5th person. We stayed at DL Hotel this summer with only 4 of us, but each night my kids (5 & 8) took turns on the daybed. They really liked it.

I think the Disneyland Hotel is your best bet. The rooms are larger than the Grand Californian's. Also, if you don't get a daybed, they will give you a rollaway for free. That might be better anyway, the daybeds are not that long and not as comfortable (according to my daughter who always gets the daybed or rollaway) as the rollaways. The Disneyland Hotel also has a very nice, large pool area your family will probably enjoy. Paradise Pier also has larger rooms and their daybeds are more comfortable, more like a small sofa bed. However, while I love PP, I just prefer the Disneyland Hotel a little more. Good luck and enjoy your planning!

What about pack n' play/portable cribs for the younger crowd?

in the GC, they had pack n plays in the closet of our room...as far as I know all rooms have them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter