• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Deluxe Resort for Counter Service

Poohbear03

Mouseketeer
Out of all the resorts that are deluxe which one has the better options for quick/counter service meals?

I like GF for all its dining options. The main QS has several good choices, there are sandwiches by the pool, I think you can get some food still in Mizner's lounge. The Contemporary might also be a good choice, but we haven't been there in a while, so I'm not sure.

I think Poly has best CS and also easy to get to GF & CR to enjoy their great CS options too. I love the Beach Pool Grill at GF.

I like the Poly as it is not your typical burgers and chicken. Plus you can order some good stuff at the quiet pool. GF is nice too and only a 10 minute walk away! We have never had good experiences at the Contemporary. :scared:

For starters, I would say consult some menus... and compare with your eating habits. You can find nearly every counter service (and all other restaurants) on this site:

http://allears.net/dining/menu/

For me, the Yacht and Beach Club/Boardwalk are still tremendously lacking in the Counter Service department... even with the new addition of 'The Market at Ale and Compass'... it still just feels too limited with choices/seating for me to praise highly.

Any of the Monorail resorts will allow you to 'easily' hop to other nearby Counter Services... allowing for a bit more variety if you're up for exploring! Captain Cook's, Contempo Cafe, and Gasparilla Island Grill are all some great options... not to mention there's a few pleasant surprises on each of their pool bar menus as well!

I'd say The Mara at Animal Kingdom Lodge does edge out Roaring Fork at the Wilderness Lodge. The new addition of Geyser Point Bar and Grill at the WL helps add some variety... but not enough to beat out AKL or their Zebra Domes.

I think I'd opt for a monorail resort, perhaps the one with the best menu to suit my immediate needs... but still having the flexibility to try something else close by!

Sadly... Disney still can't seem to nail down the whole idea of 'consistency'... and it's sometimes hard to vote who 'outright' can take the cake on best counter service!

Yacht/Beach - Epcot is your counter service. :) Boardwalk Bakery, Swan/Dolphin, we actually liked the quick service at Yacht/Beach.

Just in terms of QS, my vote is WL. We loved having 2 QS choices when we stayed there and the menu and atmosphere at Geyser Point were great. We just stayed at YC about a week ago and their new Marketplace was fantastic as well. Really nice menu and a ton of variety plus lots of seating.

We enjoyed the POR CS as well. Many different options including make your own salad and pasta bar.

Edited to say: Sorry misread the post title and realized you were looking for Deluxes only.

They're all similar enough in quality where I would most definitely not choose where I stayed based on the QS.

Gasparilla Grill at the GF had several great options! We really enjoyed eating there. Contempo Cafe was meh by comparison.

They're all similar enough in quality where I would most definitely not choose where I stayed based on the QS.
It depends on how important Mickey waffles or Chicken nuggets (for example) are for some members of a party ;)
We have learned to work around Deluxe QS limitations..mostly by eating more QS in a park.

Although I’m not sure why I’m countering your point, as I’m booked at BWV this summer (what we would rank as 2nd from last in terms of Deluxe QS)... it helps having AP’s to hop to other QS :)
Our favorites are GF (as a bonus, open 24 hours if you want a late snack or drink refil)
Poly
Contemporary
Mara

While I also would not allow QS to factor high in my resort choice, I will say that I find the lack of easy access QS at the Epcot resorts to be the reason we don't stay in the Epcot area more often. When we do I make sure we have defined plans for all meals unlike MK resorts where I am more willing to take a chance that we will have to eat QS for a couple of meals. I think all the MK resort QS option are "fine" I can't say I really enjoy any of them. We used to go to Cap'n Cooks until a menu change a few years ago removed some of go to options. We just tend to go to more TS restaurants anyway or use CL for some of our dining options.

JMHO, but from a practical viewpoint if you’re choosing a resort based on its QS offerings, a resort’s QS should be serving 24 hours a day.

I am certain that Gasparilla Grill in the GF, Captain Cooks in the Poly and Picabu in the Dolphin are open 24/7. I honestly do not know where else.

From experience, I can tell you it’s a bummer to arrive back at your resort at midnight feeling hungry and find no food available outside of a snack machine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter