Best Deluxe Resort Brunch Spot

WaltDavisWorld

If you can dream it, you can do it.
Kona Cafe? Grand Floridian Cafe? The Wave? Whispering Canyon? I’d prefer non character meals with the best food and atmosphere. We’ve got two mornings to sleep in and need a couple places to eat at around 11ish before touring resorts to see Christmas decorations then parks for the evenings. It’ll be two adults and three kids. Thanks for any input!

The brunch at California Grill on Sundays is fabulous! It is definitely a splurge, but the food is fabulous, and you can see a landmark from each park up there. Plus, if it’s on a day you plan to resort hop, you can use your brunch receipt to get back up to the top in the evening to view the magic kingdom fireworks from their vantage point.

I agree with the above ^^. Brunch at the California Grill as the highlight of our last trip. Yes, it is expensive, but so, so worth it.

If you're looking for a less expensive brunch option and are planning on touring the Christmas decorations at the resorts anyway, then I highly recommend GF Café. The Christmas decorations at the GF are so beautiful, and since you're already planning on making a trip to see them anyway, then this makes a lot of sense. Personally, I prefer 1900 Park Fare for brunch at the GF, but since you don't want to do a character meal, then that's kind of out.

California Grill. Excellent food and a great view. Free valet parking for the day.

I have not been to California Grill for brunch, but I just love the Wave. I have gone twice, both times at 10:30, and found it not crowded (in July, mind you!) and not rushed.

My favorites are the sweet potato pancakes (with pecan honey butter), Tillamook cheesy grits, salmon canapes, and biscuits (with gravy, the first time but not second time I was there). They will make certain items, like French toast, to order, as well.

So, in case you can't nab a coveted CG reservation, maybe try the Wave.

We always go to Kona (pineapple macadamia nut pancakes) and The Wave (sweet potato pancakes), for a late breakfast. We tend to go to Grand Floridian Cafe for lunch and have had good meals at Whispering Canyon. By choosing any of these, you can hop on the monorail or a boat to see the holiday decor at GF, Poly, Cont. and WL. I will say that the character meal, Bon Voyage has really good food and bonus, the couples. You can then tour BW, YC and BC.

Another vote for California Grill brunch if you're able to do it. We've eaten at both Kona and the Wave as well, CG blew them out of the water.

The drawback is that they only have it on Sundays.

Yet another vote for California Grill Brunch at the Top- its heads and shoulders above all other options- literally and figuratively! :)

YOU SAID BEST.

Now, having said that? I care not if you are using DDP.... You asked for BEST.

BEST
Deluxe Resort Brunch

is absolutely, positively, beyond question....California Grill Brunch.

Dear Wife and I are booked, for the FORTH TRIP, Nov 2018. You will book as you chose.

Best? Definitely California Grill. I’ve been twice and I’d be going again if I could get a reservation.

The last time we ate at Kona Cafe, it was just ok. The Wave has great food, but not a great atmosphere. We loved Trattoria al Forno before it turned into a character meal. I’ve heard you can eat on the patio without the characters for less.

Unfortunately it won’t be on a Sunday so I assume CG wouldn’t work. I do love it there though. Haven’t had brunch but had a lovely dinner with a window table during fireworks last trip. I considered 1900 or Trattoria but we have a few character meals planned already and will be paying out of pocket. I may just have to base it on which hotel we’d like to start our day at. We plan to visit all of the monorail resorts and WL for sure with a stop by BC/YC if there’s time.

We have wanted to visit CG for brunch but a Sunday morning timing is a no-go for us - hopefully they expand it at some point.

My favorite for brunch is probably GF Cafe. Their menu is an actual brunch menu, with breakfast & lunch items, and the atmosphere is so bright and pretty. I love the windows and the decor of the GF; it's feels more upscale. I've always had great service there. You can eat at 11am and order a breakfasty items OR a lunch item. Both are excellent IMO.

We eat breakfast at the Wave often - I order off the menu, not the buffet - but I think breakfast ends around 10:30 with lunch starting shortly thereafter. So at 11am, you'd be ordering off their lunch menu which I've not tried. I have looked at it and it's a true lunch menu, no brunch items held over and the buffet is not offered.

Edit: Kona lunch is 'eh' to me; breakfast is okay but ranks 3 in the monorail resorts for me. Used to be my favorite... but if you opt to eat at Wave or Kona just for lunch at 11am, their lunch menu may be more appealing and I like the lobby atmosphere better than the lack of atmosphere at Wave.

We eat breakfast at the Wave often - I order off the menu, not the buffet - but I think breakfast ends around 10:30 with lunch starting shortly thereafter. So at 11am, you'd be ordering off their lunch menu which I've not tried. I have looked at it and it's a true lunch menu, no brunch items held over and the buffet is not offered.
They have breakfast until 11AM, with seatings as late as 10:50AM, which fits the OP's criteria for 11ish.:)

We are in a similar situation--2 adults, 3 kids, and wanted a MK area late breakfast before looking at resort Christmas decorations. :)

I've done a lot of ADR changing over the last few weeks, but as of right now we are booked for an 11 am reservation at Trails end buffet. My kids (all boys between the ages of 12-17) are big eaters so the buffet part should be helpful!

Another one I was considering was the Grand Floridian Cafe; I've eaten there before and it's beautiful and the food is good, also the breakfast and lunch menu are the same. I just figured my boys will appreciate a buffet more than the nice restaurant environment.

Also I considered the Wave at the Contemporary. They have a buffet too, and my 17 year old went there on a trip last spring and really liked it. The only reason I chose Trails End over the Wave, is that the Trails End breakfast is open one hour later than the Wave; the wave switches over to lunch. I wasn't really sure how long they leave the Wave breakfast buffet up once the Wave switches over to lunch, so I just felt like the timing of Trails End would work better for us. This is on our check out morning, and we will be at MVMCP the night before, so we wanted to push our breakfast to very late in the morning.

So for us right now our plan is to sleep in, check out of our resort (BWI) and then head over to Trails End via Minnie Van. We figure we will be there eating till about noon or so, and then we will either walk, boat, or bus (depending on the weather) over to the Wilderness Lodge to see decorations. After Wilderness Lodge we will look at the Contemporary (boat over? Again, depending on weather), Polynesian, then save Grand Floridian for last (hoping it will be around 3 pm by then, so we can hear the live music in the lobby.)
Then back to our resort for DME pick up :)

We loved The Wave. A perk for us is that they have mimosas, and the option to get three (and they get stronger as they come out!). The food there is also delicious and a little more unique than a typical breakfast buffet. The atmosphere is not much but we did enjoy monorail-resort hopping afterward while we digested.

Have not tried California Grill brunch, but the buffet breakfast at Boma is very good.

I have not been to California Grill for brunch, but I just love the Wave. I have gone twice, both times at 10:30, and found it not crowded (in July, mind you!) and not rushed.

My favorites are the sweet potato pancakes (with pecan honey butter), Tillamook cheesy grits, salmon canapes, and biscuits (with gravy, the first time but not second time I was there). They will make certain items, like French toast, to order, as well.

So, in case you can't nab a coveted CG reservation, maybe try the Wave.

Then I'd go with The Wave, since you prefer a non-character meal, and their buffet has great food.
Is This Breakfast or BRUNCH?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter