Best DCL tour on eastern Caribbean cruise?

We've been to Tortola a few times on DCL and we just get a taxi to Cane Garden Bay. There are always several drivers standing just past the main port waiting to take people to different beaches. We like to be able to go when we want and come back when we want without being on an excursion's timeline. All of our drivers have been super nice and they have all been great about answering questions and pointing out things on the island on the drive. Prices have ranged between $8 (when we went on a larger vehicle with lots of people) and $15 (just two people in a vehicle) per person each way.

There are several beaches to choose from but we like Cane Garden Bay quite a bit. It's pretty and very easy to get chairs/umbrellas and there are multiple bars and restaurants right along the beach.
Has it been easy to get back to the port from the beach via taxi?

What we do

Tortola - Taxi to Cane Garden Beach, awesome. I believe $8 one way via taxi located at the end of the pier. I have never been to JVD and have heard its beautiful, but I have also heard it can get crowded. Be we love, love Cane Garden Beach.

St Thomas If it's your first time you have to do Maegan's Bay, not tour needed . Just taxi and then admittance fee to the park. Very beautiful beach, but can easily get crowded, I mean crowded.

Now instead of St Thomas we do St Johns on our own. I have written this up else where but if you wish to get my details on how to do it please message me.

In the past we have done a private tour of St Thomas and it was OK. Very hilly and made us motion sick (up and down) but pretty views and ok shopping.

As said earlier CC is awesome on its own. Get there early and stay late, it is definitely the best day of the week.

This forum is awesome for details on your question. If you want other details, plenty of past cruisers have put their reviews on here, take a look around.

No matter what, Have a great time!

What we do

Tortola - Taxi to Cane Garden Beach, awesome. I believe $8 one way via taxi located at the end of the pier. I have never been to JVD and have heard its beautiful, but I have also heard it can get crowded. Be we love, love Cane Garden Beach.

St Thomas If it's your first time you have to do Maegan's Bay, not tour needed . Just taxi and then admittance fee to the park. Very beautiful beach, but can easily get crowded, I mean crowded.

Now instead of St Thomas we do St Johns on our own. I have written this up else where but if you wish to get my details on how to do it please message me.

In the past we have done a private tour of St Thomas and it was OK. Very hilly and made us motion sick (up and down) but pretty views and ok shopping.

As said earlier CC is awesome on its own. Get there early and stay late, it is definitely the best day of the week.

This forum is awesome for details on your question. If you want other details, plenty of past cruisers have put their reviews on here, take a look around.

No matter what, Have a great time!
Thanks for info on Cane Garden Bay. Our cruise this November is Dream out of NYC to Bermuda, Tortola and ending San Juan.
I have watched so many videos on Tortola with the long ferry rides to JVD or the Baths and that looks like a lot.
I want a half day beach. CDB looks beautiful.
Thanks again.🚢🌴👍🏻

We've been to Tortola a few times on DCL and we just get a taxi to Cane Garden Bay. There are always several drivers standing just past the main port waiting to take people to different beaches. We like to be able to go when we want and come back when we want without being on an excursion's timeline. All of our drivers have been super nice and they have all been great about answering questions and pointing out things on the island on the drive. Prices have ranged between $8 (when we went on a larger vehicle with lots of people) and $15 (just two people in a vehicle) per person each way.

There are several beaches to choose from but we like Cane Garden Bay quite a bit. It's pretty and very easy to get chairs/umbrellas and there are multiple bars and restaurants right along the beach.
I just read your post. It’s a plan Cane Garden Beach for me. Thanks for sharing this great info.🚢🌴👍🏻

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter