"best" day to visit

mrstaz94

Earning My Ears
Hi: Will be in Anaheim next weekend Nov 23-25 (Sat - Mon). Would like to surprise DD (9yrs) with her first Disneyland visit. Which day would be the best (the least busy) day to visit? We are well seasoned WDW visitors.

We're from Toronto - didn't realize until this week that US kids get ALL of Thanksgiving week as a holiday.

Well... It's a busy time of year, so if you can do 2 days, even if one is a half day, that would be ideal. But given those 3 days, I'd do the Monday. Even if some schools are out, many parents still work. Just be prepared for an influx of APs in the afternoon. Will you be doing both parks?

We're from Toronto - didn't realize until this week that US kids get ALL of Thanksgiving week as a holiday.

WELCOME to the Disboards!!

I don't think "all" US kids get the whole week for the holiday--I'm in Mesa, AZ, and our school district only gets Thursday(Thanksgiving) and Friday off.

I agree with SMD above, if I had a choice, I'd do the Monday, and hope for the best!

Get there early(well before opening), have a general plan, utilize fast pass, take a good attitude, and you'll be fine!:)

I don't think "all" US kids get the whole week for the holiday--I'm in Mesa, AZ, and our school district only gets Thursday(Thanksgiving) and Friday off.

I agree with SMD above, if I had a choice, I'd do the Monday, and hope for the best!

Get there early(well before opening), have a general plan, utilize fast pass, take a good attitude, and you'll be fine!:)

Same here in Las Vegas, and I agree I would go on Monday. If you want to do Peter Pan hit that first.

I see lots of votes for Monday but I would be inclined to go Saturday as it is a blockout day for most AP holders. Monday-Wednesday before TG ar ento blocked and will draw some bigger crowds.

:wizard:

HydroGuy said:
I see lots of votes for Monday but I would be inclined to go Saturday as it is a blockout day for most AP holders. Monday-Wednesday before TG ar ento blocked and will draw some bigger crowds.

This is good advice, I just read the new miceage article a few minutes ago. They indicated that the mon to wed before thanksgiving is actually busier than thanksgiving and the days after because AP's are not blocked and flood the parks.
Hydroguy, on a side note, just wanted to say I miss the miceage updates you used to give, I think they were very informative for people who don't regularily venture to the micechat site. They even sometimes caused some fun friendly debate for the forum. I do understand why you don't do them anymore, but thought I should give you a long overdue thankyou for them anyway.

This is good advice, I just read the new miceage article a few minutes ago. They indicated that the mon to wed before thanksgiving is actually busier than thanksgiving and the days after because AP's are not blocked and flood the parks.
Hydroguy, on a side note, just wanted to say I miss the miceage updates you used to give, I think they were very informative for people who don't regularily venture to the micechat site. They even sometimes caused some fun friendly debate for the forum. I do understand why you don't do them anymore, but thought I should give you a long overdue thankyou for them anyway.

Thanks. I liked being the point man on that and it lasted for maybe four years. I thing MA/MC has changed a bit. It does appear that Al Lutz still writes articles but I understand he has some significant health challenges so I am never sure if it is him writing or not. I liked his writings but not always his tone. Regardless maybe someone else can take up the torch!

Thanks for the replies!

Sat Nov 23 is Extra Magic Morning - as there are only 3 resorts onsite, will this make much difference? (we always use the EMH in WDW).

Mon Nov 25 is the beginning of vacation week for the LA area.

Our must see list is comprised of everything that's different from MK (we've spent 14 days in MK) and holiday themed stuff:
Indian Jones
Submarines
Canoes
Haunted Mansion (holiday decor)
Small World
Holiday parades
did I miss anything?

I did ponder CaliAdventure, but as we only have 1 day for Disney, I think DD will prefer DL.

Thanks for the replies! Sat Nov 23 is Extra Magic Morning - as there are only 3 resorts onsite, will this make much difference? (we always use the EMH in WDW). Mon Nov 25 is the beginning of vacation week for the LA area. Our must see list is comprised of everything that's different from MK (we've spent 14 days in MK) and holiday themed stuff: Indian Jones Submarines Canoes Haunted Mansion (holiday decor) Small World Holiday parades did I miss anything? I did ponder CaliAdventure, but as we only have 1 day for Disney, I think DD will prefer DL.

Matterhorn!! It's the only one :) Well, besides in Switzerland lol

Thanks for the replies!

Sat Nov 23 is Extra Magic Morning - as there are only 3 resorts onsite, will this make much difference? (we always use the EMH in WDW).

Mon Nov 25 is the beginning of vacation week for the LA area.

Our must see list is comprised of everything that's different from MK (we've spent 14 days in MK) and holiday themed stuff:
Indian Jones
Submarines
Canoes
Haunted Mansion (holiday decor)
Small World
Holiday parades
did I miss anything?

I did ponder CaliAdventure, but as we only have 1 day for Disney, I think DD will prefer DL.

No. And EVERY day is EMH at DLR. Are you going only to DL? If so EMH will not impact any of the rides/shows you mention except for IASWH (a little).

HydroGuy said:
Thanks. I liked being the point man on that and it lasted for maybe four years. I thing MA/MC has changed a bit. It does appear that Al Lutz still writes articles but I understand he has some significant health challenges so I am never sure if it is him writing or not. I liked his writings but not always his tone. Regardless maybe someone else can take up the torch!

I've noticed his name no longer solely appears in the title of the updates like they used to. Maybe he is stepping back his role a little bit, and the articles are now more of a group effort?
I completely agree about the tone of the writing. I take it all with a grain of salt and just enjoy it for what it is. Nonetheless, I still get excited when a new update is released.
Perhaps next time I will take the torch and give it a stab.

I second this - I'd go on Saturday before as many holiday crowds arrive. We'll actually be there the day before (Friday the 22nd).

Thank you everyone for your comments/suggestions!

Looking around other threads, it seems that not many are fond of the Canoes. Why?

Thank you everyone for your comments/suggestions!

Looking around other threads, it seems that not many are fond of the Canoes. Why?

Probably because you have to power them yourself;), and there's a pretty good chance you might get wet!

No sitting back and enjoying the ride on this one:)!

I third this! :thumbsup2 I think the weekdays before TG will be busier than the Saturday before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter