best cs restaurants at resorts

married2mm

DIS Veteran
Which are your favourites and why?

I really enjoyed the food at contempo cafe,but not the lines nearby (and the noise) for chef mickey s.
Dh really loves the pasta at por.:)

Last year was our first time back to Disney in about 10 years, so I really can't remember any CS restaurants that we tried before last year's trip ;)

We ate at AllStar Movie's food court and we liked the food there - I love the build your own oatmeal bowl! That's really the only CS we ate at at resorts since we stayed off site.

I believe we'll be trying Captain Cook's on our trip in December!

Anyone care to share with me?!:)

Whatver resort I am at when I am hungry.

Are you trying to figure out which resort to stay at based on CS?
Determining if it is worth leaving a park to go to a CS resort restaurant?
Will be in the area and want food?
Or just curious how others feel?

We really liked the quick service at POR. The pasta station was excellent. We ate there a couple of times on that trip and had great food each time.

Whatver resort I am at when I am hungry.

Are you trying to figure out which resort to stay at based on CS?
Determining if it is worth leaving a park to go to a CS resort restaurant?
Will be in the area and want food?
Or just curious how others feel?

A little of the last 3 questions combined.

We have already chosen to return to okw and pofq.
Like visiting other resorts and seeing what they have to offer,but happy with cs rather than ts.
So,wanted an insight into others views and opinions.:banana::banana:

we love mara at the animal kingdom lodge (jambo house) :thumbsup2 excellent food with plenty of tables. large choice of made to order foods and also frozen and refrigerated foods. all the beautiful boma deserts too.

we have also enjoyed the small food area in the gift shop at the beach club.

did not like the cs at wilderness lodge as well. ;) altho not too bad either.

enjoyed the one at pop century the one time we were there. the resort was new at that time.

when we have left over cs items on our dinning plan and are leaving disney, we go to mara and use it to take with us on the trip home.

We love Captain Cooks at the Polynesian- it has some slightly different foods- the Aloha Pork sandwich was amazing and I'm looking forward to trying the adult grilled cheese. And of course there's the added bonus of dole whip and beautiful surroundings.

i must admit that atmosphere is one of the nice things at disney.

kona has the beautiful surroundings as well as good food.

boma at jambo house is in one of the most beautiful an interesting resorts to visit. we always go early to have time in the resort and to see the animals.

does anyone know if the new gf dvc building has any restaurants of cs areas?

I loved the counter service at CR, it was so seamless and easy to navigate. That said, it was noisy (CR is just noisy overall IMHO) and there were birds inside.

The food from the CS at BC was really tasty, but it was a nightmare, it was a tiny counter, there were never enough people working and it took forever. But the sandwiches and flatbreads....YUM.

i must admit that atmosphere is one of the nice things at disney.

kona has the beautiful surroundings as well as good food.

boma at jambo house is in one of the most beautiful an interesting resorts to visit. we always go early to have time in the resort and to see the animals.

does anyone know if the new gf dvc building has any restaurants of cs areas?

OP. Kona and Boma are TS and not CS.

A little of the last 3 questions combined.

We have already chosen to return to okw and pofq.
Like visiting other resorts and seeing what they have to offer,but happy with cs rather than ts.
So,wanted an insight into others views and opinions.:banana::banana:

If at MK I suggest going to Gasparilla Grill at the GF. Besides decent food, including nice salad area where you pick the ingredients and they make it for you, I think the travel options make it easy. Take the boat there from the MK; it is the first stop. After eating, take he monorail back; the MK is the first stop.

we like

POFQ for lunch - specifically the po'boys and beignets (po'boys in our experience are only served at lunch)

contempo café (CR) - DD and DH liked the Mahi Mahi sandwich

POR CS in general

We tried the GF CS one time - must have hit it on a bad day - food took forever and then wasn't impressive.

sorry,;) i was answering two threads and got that on the wrong one.

mara at jambo house is still my favorite cs at a resort.:thumbsup2

I really like Mara at Animal Kingdom Lodge. When I was there last there was a delicious African stew.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter