Best CS in MK?

MagicalMoment2010

Earning My Ears
Family making our first trip to Disney in early May. Its a short trip focused on MK and wondering who their best CS are in taste, price and portions?

Any advice from you veterans?

I am a big fan of Cosmic Rays. If you are using the meal plan, the rib and chicken combo is good.

Our favorite is Pecos Bill's. It's a little messy and a little chaotic, but they have really filling burgers, a way cool self-ordering computer station, and a FIX-IN's BAR! Instant Cheese Fries! Many other fun toppings, too. Tons of seating, as well.

If you're lucky, El Pirata y el Perico might also be open (during busy seasons, mostly, but it was open the first week in May 2009). It's basic tacos, but they have their own fixin's bar so you can dress your tacos the way you want. Sort of shares seating with Pecos Bill's, but it's its own counter.

Keep in mind that tourists with fixin' bars make a MESS. If you know that going in, it's less of a shock when you're there trying to dress your own food.

Another vote for another place, but my favorite is Columbia Harbour House. I love their chicken and fish basket.

Our favorite is Pecos Bill's. It's a little messy and a little chaotic, but they have really filling burgers, a way cool self-ordering computer station, and a FIX-IN's BAR! Instant Cheese Fries! Many other fun toppings, too. Tons of seating, as well.

If you're lucky, El Pirata y el Perico might also be open (during busy seasons, mostly, but it was open the first week in May 2009). It's basic tacos, but they have their own fixin's bar so you can dress your tacos the way you want. Sort of shares seating with Pecos Bill's, but it's its own counter.

Keep in mind that tourists with fixin' bars make a MESS. If you know that going in, it's less of a shock when you're there trying to dress your own food.

El Pirata has never been open when we've been there.... we're still hoping!

Second that on Cosmic Rays. The rib and chicken basket is HUGE and has mashed potatoes and green beans that are good, especially for CS. I have heard good things about the sandwiches, but we always go for the ribs and chicken. Also like Pinnochio's, but that is as much atmosphere as food!

another vote for Columbia Harbor House. They have a tuna salad sandwich on the most delish bread--so good.

depends on what kind of meal you want, lol.

If you don't mind the noise & incredible crowds...Cosmic Rays ribs/chicken combo is fabulous for a counter service meal (comes with greeen beans and mashed potatoes...so NOT your typical counter service meal.)

If you're not feeling ribs/chicken and like fish, Columbia Harbor House has delish tuna sandwich (not your mama's tuna sandwich:laughing:...this one is much tastier) Also has a fried shrimp/fr fries basket that is quite good. Harbor House is also busy, but not quite as large so we find it a quieter alternative...and if you go upstairs, it's really relaxing!

BBQ pork sandwich and chips with extra cheese sauce and pickles from the fixin's bar!:cheer2:

Oh yeah, it's at Cosmic Rays!

Another vote for Cosmic Ray's. They probably have the best, well-rounded menu in MK. Sandwiches, salads, the famous chicken and ribs... it's a "something for everybody" type of CS.

You pretty much have a variety to choose from in the MK for CS. Like others have said Cosmic Rays is great, we also like Pecos and Columbia Harbor House. If you choose Columbia Harbor House get seating upstairs. It is quiet and a nice getaway from the crowds.

El Pirata has never been open when we've been there.... we're still hoping!

I know! It has actually been open quite a few times when we've been but then we were never hungry when we were in that area and by the time we got back they were closed.

I am a salad lover so Pecos Bills gets my vote. Yes, definitely chaotic over peak mealtimes, but never had a problem being seated promptly. Very large portions if you want to share and they make a mean chicken salad wrap. Taco salads looked good, but I don't eat beef so I have never ordered them. I always remember after leaving there that they will make a vegetarian option.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 COSMIC RAYS!

Agree with PP's ....their Rib /Chicken combo with mashed potatoes/greenbeans/cake... is GREAT ! Even DH said it was more like a TS credit meal...

I've tried Peco's Bill's....El Pirata...and Pinnochio's (which I liked but they no longer carry the sandwich that I enjoyed)...

Have not tried LTT, CHH...etc....

I researched the menus pretty thoroughly last visit with 5 family members... picky...somewhat picky and newly vegetarian...and Cosmic Rays is what we Enjoyed... and it was loved by all five of us....

Hugs,
Mary

Vote for Cosmic Rays....love the ribs, mashed pot and green beans...

There are others I enjoy but if I am picking just one it would be that.:cool1:

Another vote for Columbia Harbor House. Love the Anchors Aweigh tuna sandwich! Kids love the fried shrimp! We always go to MK the first day so I can get my "fix"!:lovestruc

In my humble opinion, most of the counter services at MK are good. My personal favorite is Columbia Harbor House. The fish and chicken basket is both tasty and a good value.

Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe comes in at a very close second. I love the chicken station (another vote for the ribs and chicken platter), but the great thing about this place is that it has such a wide variety. If I'm not mistaken there is also a bar closer to the hamburger station that has fixin's- including chili.

If you choose Columbia Harbor House get seating upstairs. It is quiet and a nice getaway from the crowds.

I think the portion sizes have gotten smaller at Columbia Harbour House, but it is our favorite QS at MK. Sitting upstairs is really cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter