• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best close hotel

mfleeting

Mouseketeer
What is the best walking distance (like under 10 minutes) to the parks that is not on property? We are trying to add 2-3 quick days to Disneyland early June on our trip back from Australia so my 17 year old can say Happy Birthday to Donald. We always stay onsite but since it’s not our main trip of the year we decided we can save money and stay off site. We want 1 room for 4 people for 3 nights. I already looked at HoJo BUT they require a 4 night stay. Im looking for cheaper than $500 a night but not so cheap that it’s a questionable/lacking hotel. Thanks

Have you checked out Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance? Many DISers on here agree it's one of the nicest offsite properties (at the moment), and it has a fairly short walk to the entrance.

Their rooms are good sized and all have bunk beds (in addition to 2 queens or a king). It'll come under your price range too.

The nicest ones within 10 mins are probably the Courtyard Marriott Theme Park Entrance as suggested above and the Fairfield Inn. If you’ve been before and remember the surrounding area, there are also 3 nice newer hotels on the corner of Harbour and Katella, Hyatt House, Residence Inn Convention and Springhill Suites Convention. They may be a min or 2 outside your 10 min walk from the turnstiles if you’re tired but are 3 of the newest hotels in the area along with the Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance mentioned above.

Courtyard is nicest offsite walkable property IMO.

Fairfield Inn and Holiday Inn Express are my next two nicest votes.

For close we like Best Western Park Place Inn and Suites...it's the closest.

Our other favorite is Homewood Suites Convention Center. It's about a block from the Toy Story parking lot and you can ride the shuttle to the parks for free.

We like the Candy Cane Inn. Good service, free breakfast that is decent, good pool/hot tub, free parking, excellent service, clean rooms, excellent upkeep, free shuttle, and 10 minute walk to the front gate.

We have been using Airbnb's the last few years, within walking distance or a short (5 minute Lyft ride) and I would have to say that unless you are staying on site, this is the way to go. But the other suggestions above are also good hotels.

With a budget of $500 per night I’d stay on property.

Desert Inn and Suites is right across the street. Bare bones but clean. I’ve stayed there several times.

For well under $500/night, you could get a Premium Room at the Candy Cane. Larger room, free (generous) continental breakfast delivered to the room (if you want more food, you are allowed to go to the breakfast room for more), microwave and small refrigerator in room, DVD player in room (free rentals at the front desk), free parking, great customer service, free private shuttle that runs on time, 8-10 minute walk to the Harbor bag check, right next door to the A Mart and the 7-11 is next to that for snacks and drinks. CCI offers various discounts, so check to see if you qualify.

Thanks everyone I think I will be looking into Fairfield Inn or Courtyard Anaheim. AirBNB is always something we have wanted to look into doing but I do believe its banned in Anaheim. And I've looked at Candy Cane Inn many times but we don't normally do motels but I may look into it more.

Thanks everyone I think I will be looking into Fairfield Inn or Courtyard Anaheim. AirBNB is always something we have wanted to look into doing but I do believe its banned in Anaheim. And I've looked at Candy Cane Inn many times but we don't normally do motels but I may look into it more.
Fairfield inn has outdoor hallways so consider that.

FFI might be a tight fit if you've got older kids or more than two adults. Its not your average fairfield inn. More like motel, and tiny. No breakfast. They advertise a pullout chair bed, but it works for my 8 year old and not anyone much bigger. It's not disgusting, but do not expect it to feel like a normal fairfield inn or even a regular budget Marriott.

We have enjoyed staying at the Residence Inn on Katella. They are large rooms with a living room and 2 queens in the bedroom. They offer a free breakfast and are a short walk to the parks. We have stayed there many times over the past few years and have not had a bad experience with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter