• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

best choice for 2BR and studio being close

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
We have been planning a big whole family trip in 2021 for a couple of years, but now I am considering trying to book a 2BR and a studio instead of a 3BR. Especially if I can only borrow half of my 2021 points, it enables us to still have at least a 6 night trip at my home resort (SSR).
I was looking at June at the end of Dream season, but now I'm looking into July in the hope that the later I go, there will be fewer restrictions, hopefully pools will be open (not saying Disney pools won't be when they open up, but in my town here in Ohio the local pool will probably be closed this year) and maybe masks will be optional again. I can't imagine the Florida heat with a mask--but I'm a teacher, so I'm limited to summer for a major trip without Christmas or Easter crowds.

Is there any resort where it is easier to book a studio and a 2BR that are close by? I would like to be at least on the same floor, or the same building.

Some places in Florida (Villages) are opening their pools as of May 4th..this year. I’m sure the pools at any Disney resort will be open summer of 2021, as you are aware there are zero guarantees that you will be close, let alone in the same building. Personally, I would rent/transfer points and get the GV, use your points for as many nights as you can and transfer in the rest...then rent out your remaining points.

We have been planning a big whole family trip in 2021 for a couple of years, but now I am considering trying to book a 2BR and a studio instead of a 3BR. Especially if I can only borrow half of my 2021 points, it enables us to still have at least a 6 night trip at my home resort (SSR).
I was looking at June at the end of Dream season, but now I'm looking into July in the hope that the later I go, there will be fewer restrictions, hopefully pools will be open (not saying Disney pools won't be when they open up, but in my town here in Ohio the local pool will probably be closed this year) and maybe masks will be optional again. I can't imagine the Florida heat with a mask--but I'm a teacher, so I'm limited to summer for a major trip without Christmas or Easter crowds.

Is there any resort where it is easier to book a studio and a 2BR that are close by? I would like to be at least on the same floor, or the same building.
I would think BWV and AKL-Kidani would give you the best chance, being both large and all one building. After that would come the other one-building DVC resorts - (in no particular order) AKL-Jambo, RIV, BLT, BCV, BRV, CCV, VGF. Then Poly - multiple buildings relatively close to each other - with OKW and SSR least likely since they’re so many buildings and so spread out.

No matter what, book your home at 11 months. Competition will be fierce next year due to this year’s closures postponing the use of so many points

BWV - Boardwalk views are all in the same section so you'd be close anyway although might be on different floors and you'd have to be ok with the 2BR being a lock-off. If that were available it would probably be the best bet. Otherwise the small single building resorts too - BRV and VGF would be my best though at being relatively close no matter where the rooms ended up. BLT isn't terribly large if an elevator will suffice and it's one building. BCV wouldn't be too bad but gets a little more sprawling with it's various wings. The larger resorts give better options for being close but are more reliant upon the room assignors to get you into the same building. The other resorts I mention at least mean you'd be in the same building.

I would think BWV and AKL-Kidani would give you the best chance, being both large and all one building. After that would come the other one-building DVC resorts - (in no particular order) AKL-Jambo, RIV, BLT, BCV, BRV, CCV, VGF. Then Poly - multiple buildings relatively close to each other - with OKW and SSR least likely since they’re so many buildings and so spread out.

Honestly, I think you can be further away in Kidani than between a villa in BCV and one in BWV. :)

If you’re in OKW near hospitality house or SSR preferred, you’re guaranteed to be in a pretty small neighborhood. But I think BCV, Poly, or VGF are still better. But I’d seriously think about the GV.

Bruce

I’m sure SSR can get you close especially if you ask to be in the Carousel area. No one wants that area, plus in July SSR has a lot of availability in 2 bedrooms, they should be able to get you in the same building. But with everything changing due to the virus, who knows. Here is a pic of normal availability at SSR in 2 bedrooms.

We took a trip in the fall once and got 2 studios at SSR, one preferred and one standard asked to as close as possible. This was on short notice after we bought our first resale contract. One was in the last building in the Paddock and the other in one of the center building a in Congress Park. They were just a short walk away and it was convenient Since the CP bus stop was the closest for both rooms.
22DD5DEA-4BC3-4EDE-A479-D4C980DD93B2.png

Last edited:
A 2 bd rm is usually doable...adding a studio especially at BW or BC anytime is iffy....always link your reservations..and ask for the same floor at least...this will require a call to MS...those points for a grand villa anywhere are so high...I just can't bring myself to do it...

We stayed at Kidani this past December with a 2 bedroom and 2 studios. We just had them note "traveling with" on the reservations. We were all within 10 rooms of each other.

I’m sure SSR can get you close especially if you ask to be in the Carousel area. No one wants that area, plus in July SSR has a lot of availability in 2 bedrooms, they should be able to get you in the same building. But with everything changing due to the virus, who knows. Here is a pic of normal availability at SSR in 2 bedrooms.

We took a trip in the fall once and got 2 studios at SSR, one preferred and one standard asked to as close as possible. This was on short notice after we bought our first resale contract. One was in the last building in the Paddock and the other in one of the center building a in Congress Park. They were just a short walk away and it was convenient Since the CP bus stop was the closest for both rooms.
View attachment 490613
Do all of the SSR buildings have pools now? I seem to remember when we bought back in 2008 that one didn't have a pool. With the grandsons that will be a biggie.

Some places in Florida (Villages) are opening their pools as of May 4th..this year. I’m sure the pools at any Disney resort will be open summer of 2021, as you are aware there are zero guarantees that you will be close, let alone in the same building. Personally, I would rent/transfer points and get the GV, use your points for as many nights as you can and transfer in the rest...then rent out your remaining points.
I will give that some thought. Perhaps, just perhaps, by the time I book in July or August I will be able to use all of my borrowed points since I'll be so far our.

Do all of the SSR buildings have pools now? I seem to remember when we bought back in 2008 that one didn't have a pool. With the grandsons that will be a biggie.
It's not each building, it's each cluster of buildings. I don't think Carousel has a pool, but it's not too far from the Paddock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter