• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best (cheapest) time to visit?

I'd check the refurbishment schedule. I went right after New Year's and it was fabulous. We should have packed better jackets, assuming weather would be in the 60s not the 30s-40s like it was but hey you just put on everything in your suitcase at once and go for it. We'd get on something with a fastpass, notice the standby line was two minutes, go do it again. Space Mountain a few times for the hell of it. We literally ran out of rides halfway through our planned day at the Magic Kingdom because we did all of our must-dos so fast. The only things I recall being closed were Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids. I've never been a waterpark person so those being closed don't affect me.

I used to prefer the first full week of December. We ate off-resort and stayed at a hotel outside the gate because low demand meant dirt cheap room rates, but now the Pop Warner Super Bowl and National Cheer and Dance Championships are usually that week so switched to the week following Thanksgiving which conveniently offers free dining even at the cheapest resort on-site, All-Star Music, which we upgrade from the quick service dining plan to regular dining then eat breakfast we bring in our room saving those credits for snacks in parks. Free dining comes with opportunity costs like losing the fall room discount and being forced to buy the park hopper option, but if you want to eat on resort it's still cheaper. The weather is usually spring like and hurricane season is at a close. The three of us are paying $2,517 for 6 nights/7 days on resort with park hopper tickets and free regular dining including meals at Akershus, BOG, Cinderella's Royal Table, 'Ohana, Mama Melrose, & Sanaa so two people should be able to do it for under $2,000. We could save hundreds by staying and mostly eating off-site, but not if we paid out of pocket for character meals for our daughter. MK closes early some days for the Christmas party, but it's easy to schedule around and we enjoy the Christmas decorations. If flexible on dates and staying off site I suggest looking for the best room rates with no cancellation charge. That way you can keep looking and booking better deals until closer to departure.

We went on our first ever trip to DW the last week of October last year. Weather was perfect mid to upper 70s. I thought it would be a lot crazier b/c of Halloween. Even when we went to MNSSHP on the 31st, I never felt the crowd was over barring.(We didn't want to wait in line for Pics. But you could walk up to any ride and go on with a tiny wait.)I'm hoping the last week of September this year will be just as good!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter