• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best case for iPod Touch 3g?

The Iron Giant

Keep on Rockin’ in the Disney World
Just bought a new iPod Touch 3G and was wondering if anyone can recommend the best case to keep it from getting all scratched up?

Thanks in advance :)

My DH has a 2G and he bought the AGENT18 iPod Touch Shield. It's transparent (I had it engraved on the back) and it's really easy to grip.

It also deters the smudges from fingerprints on the chrome case of the Touch.

HTH!!

I would definitely recommend the company SwitchEasy. I do not have an iPod Touch, but I do have an iPhone 3GS, and I have their Rebel case for it. I know they make cases for iPod's and they have some of the highest rated for appearance, overall durability, and safety. I'd say go to their website and just look around. (switcheasy.com)

Best case ever (I have had for quite some time, it's all nice and broken in) and then my husband just got an iTouch and he tried to take my case- but he ordered his own (same case) from B&H Photo.com for $18 (much less than anywhere else!) here is it:

http://www.dlo.com/products/view/HCFolio_touch

I just looked, B&H photo doesn't carry them anymore! (and my husband just got his less than 2 weeks ago!) But it's truly worth $30. Maybe Amazon or Ebay has them for less $$.

My DH bought this case from Otterbox a couple months ago and loves it. It's $30 and the company has a a bunch of Ipod, Blackberry, etc. cases. He said he doesn't lose the touch-screen capability, but it keeps him from dinging it up.

PHXscuba

I would definitely recommend the company SwitchEasy. I do not have an iPod Touch, but I do have an iPhone 3GS, and I have their Rebel case for it. I know they make cases for iPod's and they have some of the highest rated for appearance, overall durability, and safety. I'd say go to their website and just look around. (switcheasy.com)
I second the Rebel case reco. I've had mine for over a year. I have 3 young kids that play with my iPod and it's still going strong. Not the most attractive case IMO, but it gets the job done.

I frequent macrumors.com message boards for info. I think you have to ask yourself if you want to protect it, make it look stylish, grip it more securly, and how thin do you want the case.
There are skins ( think of vinyl cling) choices that come in some awesome designs. I have one of those on my iPod touch.
I recently switched to an iPhone ( I had iPhone envy) and I currently use a case from ifrogz. It is very thin and didn't add hardly any weight to the phone. I do not use a screen protector. I didn't like them.
I have a friend that has an otterbox but he is ROUGH on his phone. It makes it much bulkier, but is the best protection.
Hth

I'm in the market for a case for my new iTouch 3G. The Switcheasy site does not say the Rebel will work for iTouch 3G, so I shopped around more. Amazon has the same thing and does specify 3G :goodvibes. I'm sure they are the same thing.

ETA: I found there are several cases on Overstock.com. I don't know about quality. Initially, it only lists 5, but there are several more.

I'd be very interested in a post from the OP if you find one that suits your needs.

The Anti-Glare film the PP listed is awesome! DH and I have them on our Iphones and DD has it on her iTouch. Wouldn't use another...they resist finger prints and such better than any other screen protector we have tried. You can still use most cases with these as well.

I got one of these Gamefacez ipod cases for my DS. He liked the look a lot. This case fits really well and does protect the iPod from shock and scratches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter