• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best candy ever?

I like Nutrageous. They still sell the large bars but snack size are so hard to find.
My other favorite are the Baci chocolates from Italy. Dark chocolate and hazelnut. Yummy.

In addition to being kinda unCanadian for disliking Tim Horton's, I may actually not belong on this planet at all because I hate chocolate. I grew up thinking I was allergic to it so instead I got really fond of other sorts of treats, including the molasses kisses you seem so disdainful of. What's your take on these? They're not my favorite, but definitely in my Top 10:
View attachment 448085
Not my number one but also in my top 10. Love some Candy Corn!

In addition to being kinda unCanadian for disliking Tim Horton's, I may actually not belong on this planet at all because I hate chocolate. I grew up thinking I was allergic to it so instead I got really fond of other sorts of treats, including the molasses kisses you seem so disdainful of. What's your take on these? They're not my favorite, but definitely in my Top 10:
View attachment 448085

puking_brian.gif

Freshly made chocolate Saltwater Taffy (from Bruce's Candy Kitchen in Cannon Beach, OR)

OK, I admit barfing over candy corn is an extreme over reaction. I probably ate it as a kid, but it was never a favorite. I haven't had it in at least 30 years now.

I liked the little pumpkins or "autumn mix" better.

View attachment 448149
Those are mostly only available here in the bulk bins and they're referred to as fudge pumpkins. They're also nifty for decorating Thanksgiving desserts! The same stuff comes out around Easter shaped like bunnies. Yum!! :lovestruc

The Reece pumpkin. It has the perfect chocolate to peanut butter ratio.
I'm also a HUGE fan of the Peeps with a light layer of dark chocolate on the bottom, you can usually find them around Easter.

I like candy too much so I'll have to categorize:

Favorite mainstream candy bar: Zero (so underrated)

Favorite overall Chocolate: Ghirardelli, particularly dark with a caramel center or with sea salt

Favorite non-chocolate candy: Skittles, Starburst Jelly Beans, Peach or Apple Rings

Specialty Favorite: Good, high-end licorice (not cheap stuff, more easily obtained outside of the US) - I love it! Darryl Lea's will do since I can usually find it, but there are better out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter