• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best buy for after Christmas so far

mom2t

DIS Veteran
I went to WalMart to stock my shelves aft two weeks before going back to work. Picked 4 packs of the precut sugar cookies for I thought .50 a pack. Checked my receipt and they were .25. Sent my husband back for 6 more packs. 120 cookies for 2.50 plus tax going in the freezer for school lunches after I finish baking them all. Last pan in the oven now.

Dillards had an extra 50% off of already marked down items. I bought a few things online. I also went to Dillards (which was a mad house) and the only thing I got was a box of 78 piece flatware. I went after lunch and all the clothes were already too messy and unorganized for me to bother with. I didn't want to fight the crowds.

Online, I bought DD some shirts, some Christmas ornaments, bath curtain, bath rug, and sunglasses. They have some great sales on ladies clothes but under the 50% off it said "no returns" online. In the store it said "3-day return". I would have loved to order some of the clothes online for myself, but I have to try things on. One dress I loved. It was a business dress, very fitted... issue is my larger bust sometimes I can't fit in. Some stores when I order online I will order two sizes, then return the one that doesn't fit (or both).

Yesterday, I also went to Best Buy to get DD a TV to be mounted in her room (apparently the TV we were going to use didn't have a HDMI outlet). We wanted a 28 inch but all they had were 28 inch SmartTV. She wants to use the AppleTV she got for Christmas. They checked online and the 28 inch non-smarttv was same price, which was $199. So I found in their returned section a 32 inch non-smarttv, Samsung 4000 series for $155. It didn't have a stand so was discounted more than the other returned ones. By the way, I only wanted Samsung, no other brands.

A couple days after Christmas I bought some more of the adult color books on Amazon. They were on sale for less than $6.00. I also bought some Prisma color pencils that were also on sale after Christmas. I plan to send these color books to my sister for her birthday.

Lego Dimensions plus 2 extra fun packs for the WiiU for a spring birthday for $50 total (the fun packs at $2.50 each were probably the best deal) - done with this birthday now:) - they wouldn't discount this game much at all pre-holiday, so I was excited it came down so fast after the holiday!
Star Wars wrapping paper (no holiday) for $.50/roll (same birthday)

Lego Dimensions plus 2 extra fun packs for the WiiU for a spring birthday for $50 total (the fun packs at $2.50 each were probably the best deal) - done with this birthday now:) - they wouldn't discount this game much at all pre-holiday, so I was excited it came down so fast after the holiday!

Where did you find the Lego Dimensions on sale?

Does anyone know when the good sales for Vera Bradley bags online will be? There were some good ones last year (75% off) and I dallied too long and missed what I wanted. :( Just can't remember what dates that was.

Star Wars wrapping paper (no holiday) for $.50/roll (same birthday)
Where did you get the Fun Packs for $2.50? I thought $7.50 on Amazon was a good price. But $2.50 is definitely better.

Where did you get the Fun Packs for $2.50? I thought $7.50 on Amazon was a good price. But $2.50 is definitely better.

On New Year's Day, Amazon was giving $5 off any fun pack and $10 off any other Lego Dimensions items - so they had 2 packs on sale for $7.50 which became $2.50 (Wizard of Oz Wicked Witch and Chima Eris). Those credits are over (I tried to buy new $7.50 sets this morning, but there was no longer a credit listed). Since I got an Amazon GC for Christmas, this was an even better deal for me:)...I got the WiiU game for $44 and both fun packs for $5 for a $49 + tax deal:)...

I bought all the curling ribbon that Hobby Lobby had left for .20 cents a box. It was 2.99 I think a box originally. I should have enough for next years Christmas wrapping. I was looking for name stickers for packages but all of that was gone.

Haven't really done after Christmas shopping - I tried to get over to JoAnn Fabrics on Dec. 31st and the traffic was so horrendous and not moving, I did a U-turn and came back home.

Dillards had an extra 50% off of already marked down items. I bought a few things online. I also went to Dillards (which was a mad house) and the only thing I got was a box of 78 piece flatware. I went after lunch and all the clothes were already too messy and unorganized for me to bother with. I didn't want to fight the crowds.

I went to the Dillards sale as well. Its my mom's and I annual shopping trip. There were some good deals. I did notice that more of the bras were marked $19.99. In the past there were quite a few marked at $9.99 before the discount. I did well snagged pajamas, bras/panties, clothes, and a MK bag. I went downstairs to the shoes and after seeing the line for requesting a shoe decided not to get in the mess. Its always a zoo, but its so much fun!

I avoided Dillard's after last year. I had always gone for the last 5 years but people shopping were so rude. Went to local outlets scored
Two pairs Clarks boat shoes for $58 retail 120+
2 Aero long sleeve shirts 21 retail 60+
1 American Eagle long sleeve shirt $12 retail 30
Chico outfit pants and top $42 retail 105+

I went to Dillard's yesterday too. It was a crazy madhouse. I didn't even get to look at the shoes or accessories because I couldn't even get close to those.

The plus size clothing wasn't too crazy crowded. I was able to get 2 pair of Capri pants, 2 pair of shorts and 3 tops for $82. One of the Capris was Not Your Daughter's Jeans brand, so just that pair alone regular price was more than $82.

Today at Target the Christmas stuff was 70% off. I got a bunch of Glade candles and plug ins for super cheap. I also got a bunch of cookies for DH's lunchbox for 50% off (Christmas Oreos and Holiday Milanos).

My game buy got better - WiiU price dropped $3.50 for the main Lego Dimensions set and the $10 is still applying to the main game...so now I got the main game for $41.xx + tax...plus my delayed shipping e-dollar:)...

Our Meijer's Christmas items are down to 90 % off - got a box of Christmas cards for my mom for 1.00 and for myself a set of flannel pants/long sleeve pajamas set - originally price at 35.00 for 2.00

My Aldi's trip today has to now rank up high - they were clearancing out all Christmas for 25-50 cents - M&Ms, 4 pack yogurts, German stollen, chocolate covered cherries, hershey kisses, all natural (no artificial anything or msgs) 1lb buffalo sausage packs (this was likely my best buy), orange/mango juice, spreadable butter, etc - it was like a flash mob in the store b/c I guess the drop to 50 cents or less must have happened right before I walked in...it was an amazingly good surprise (and the produce picks were also all in stock, since everyone was raiding the holiday stuff - win/win when I walked out with all my desired fruit, which was the reason for the trip:)!

Not exactly budget friendly, but my dryer has been making awful noises for a few weeks. We finally went to buy a new one on Sunday, and got a $1000 dryer for $600 (top of the line Samsung with way more stuff than I need). But even the lower end ones were about $500. It's now back up to $900. And of course my current dryer has stopped making noises. Sigh.

I got some other random good deals instead of the traditional ones. A hallmark near me is going out, so I got a bunch of cards for 50% off (I would have bought more but they were picked over a few days in) so only need to buy a few cards in the next year. I use physician formula makeup and duane reade had some on clearance 50% off with stickies on them for $4 off. I went to a few stores after the first but only found items in one more location. All 5 items were $2.99 or less each, receipt for two showed a 80% savings! i got the usual post xmas stuff like bows, tissue paper, gift bags, etc for 50-90% off at a few stores.

Saks 5th ave was a big disappointment. they are renovating so they didn't have extra stock shipped in like normal. also didn't like the selection at banana republic, anthropologie, or the other stores i normally shop at. honestly i don't need much and we are trying to save for a down payment so the sales in my area not being great was a huge help.

I hit tons of great sales after Christmas. Wegmans had ten cent Rice Krispy treat house kits and Hershey Kisses/Reese's big candy bags, fifty cent ziplocs and frebreeze. Plus, I did really good at Target's 90% off--got clothes for my daughter (she adores the red dress I got her for $1.20), throw blankets for $2.49--event furniture. An end table usually $69.99 was just $6.99!

Retiring at the end of the school year and bought my own IPad. Air 2 16gb mainly want it for surfacing internet and connecting to my new Cricut Air machine. 125 off found $90 Otterbox cover $30 off, used 3 gift cards. Paid $410 out of pocket for over $640 for everything. One happy shopper!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter