Best breakfast with kids 2 and 5 year old?

colleenr

Earning My Ears
I was just wondering what would be the best breakfast. We have done Tusker House and liked it but thought about doing something different this trip. TIA

Ohana is awesome. The food is good and Lilo and Stitch are fun! One of our favorites.

My 2 youngest are those ages and they loved The Crystal Palace. The buffet had something for everyone and had Winnie the Pooh characters.

We like O'hana and find it a bit more relaxing than the buffets because it's family style and you don't have to keep going back up to the buffet line with kids in tow...less to juggle!

My then 2.5 and 5.5yo girls loved breakfast at Crystal Palace the best. We also ate BF at Cinderella's Royal Table and lunch at Tusker House and Hollywood and Vine. The Winnie the Pooh and Friends characters spent more time with the kids than anywhere else and the parade through the section was one of the highlights of the trip.

What qualities make something the "best" for you?

With kids that age, if recommend any of the pre-park options as the "best," since you'd get in early and get to ride more rides. I think that would be the best experience. So, Crystal Palace, Be Our Guest, Cinderella's Royal Table in Magick Kingdom; Tusker House at Animal Kingdom, Hollywood & Vine at Hollywood Studios, or Akershus at Epcot.

Are you on the dining plan? The character buffets tend to be the best value with kids that age. If not, then the resort restaurants tend to be a better value.

Or, if you're interested in the best food, Boma, Cape May, and 'Ohana tend to get the best reviews.

"Best" is just too subjective. What are you looking for, what do you want to accomplish, and how much are you willing to spend? The "best" meal could be a $500 per person experience at Victoria & Alberts, or it could be a $6 Nutella waffle.

Thanks for all your replies. As far as best I guess i mean food and character interaction. Is Mickey at the Cape May breakfast? I was interested too more in a buffet the more I think about as my son is not on the dining plan.

Thanks for all your replies. As far as best I guess i mean food and character interaction. Is Mickey at the Cape May breakfast? I was interested too more in a buffet the more I think about as my son is not on the dining plan.
Nope, he's not. Try Chef Mickey's or the new breakfast at Garden Grill (starts in Nov.).

We love breakfast at Cape May. The food and characters are great and it wasn't as loud as other character meals we've had. The only downfall is that it's not in a park so you lose that valuable morning park time. We have it on our last day right before we head out.

If your kids are into Disney Junior, then I would do Hollywood and Vine. My girls loved getting up and dancing with Jake, Doc, Sophia & Handy Manny! And, despite some negative reviews, I thought the food at breakfast was great- better quality than we had the morning before at CRT breakfast! (As with any breakfast buffet, I always try to get an early ADR while the food is still fresh).

Ditto the Hollywood & Vine rec, but make sure it's an early ADR. We've always gotten a 8:00/8:05 ADR and the food is hot and fresh and the restaurant clean. But you hear a lot of bad reports about food quality and cleanliness as the day wears on. When you're in the first breakfast seating, those issues are eliminated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter