• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Breakfast at Walt Disney World????

pianoronni37

Time has a way of changing things...
My husband and I are not big breakfast eaters. We also like to sleep in on vacation, until at least 10am. That being said, we would love to try just one breakfast - the best breakfast in Disney!

I can't decide between all of them, the two that stand out to me are Boma and 1900 Park Fare. Boma because of the food - we ate there for dinner last time and it was one of the best meals of the trip; 1900 Park Fare mainly for character interaction (the Mad Hatter sounds awesome!).

Help us decide, either between those two or another, we're not picky, we're on the DxDP and we would really just like to eat somewhere at about 10:30am - and we really want that place to be as delicious as possible, since it'll be our only breakfast in the world!!

So: Where is the best breakfast in Disney?? :scratchin

IMO, the best breakfast at WDW is DEFINITELY Crystal Palace in the MK.

Here's why:

-You can make an early ADR & get to the park before park opening. Take some great pictures of an empty Main Street and castle.
-Winnie the Pooh characters are terrific!
-Beautiful restaurant and great service
-Best food!! Pooh's Breakfast Lasagna, Breakfast Pizza, honey yogurt & a ton of great toppings, bagels & a ton of bagel toppings, grits, fritattas and other egg dishes, breakfast meats, puffed french toast, muffins, chocolate croissants, great fresh fruit, cereals, etc, etc, etc!!

We are not big breakfast people but we did enjoy BOMA on our last trip. It was FANTASTIC! We will never go anywhere else for breakfast.:thumbsup2

We love Crystal Palace... into the park early and fantastic food.

We're branching out this year though, and adding a breakfast at Boma. So many great reviews, we just have to try it.

Kona Cafe at the Poly!! Pinaeapple macadamia nut pancakes! Yum! The coffee is great, too. :)

Just did Boma for breakfast this morning.
Best breakfast I've had a Disney. We usually just do breakfast in our room, but once a trip go out.
This will be our new "must do" every trip!!

I'll add another vote for Boma! Definitely my favorite breakfast, and a good value too, IMO. Since it isn't a character meal, it's quite a bit less than the other buffets, and the food is awesome! They have the best juice ever!

Here's why:

-You can make an early ADR & get to the park before park opening. Take some great pictures of an empty Main Street and castle.
-Best food!! Pooh's Breakfast Lasagna, Breakfast Pizza, honey yogurt & a ton of great toppings, bagels & a ton of bagel toppings, grits, fritattas and other egg dishes, breakfast meats, puffed french toast, muffins, chocolate croissants, great fresh fruit, cereals, etc, etc, etc!!

Wow! That is going to be delicious! We just booked an 8:10 ressie....i was wondering about that though...do you just go to the gate and tell them you have a reservation at crystal palace? do you have to show them something to prove it? and what if we get done and the park isn't open yet (not likely to happen, but still...)? can we still walk around? :confused3

We eat a table service breakfast on property almost every day of our vacation. We eat as soon as the restaurant opens most days and then go straight to the parks from there. (We skip lunch or split something light.) Our favorites in order are:

1. Boma
2. Whispering Canyon Cafe
3. Kona/ Boatwrights
4. Crystal Palace
5. Wolfgang Puck Express

Wow! That is going to be delicious! We just booked an 8:10 ressie....i was wondering about that though...do you just go to the gate and tell them you have a reservation at crystal palace? do you have to show them something to prove it? and what if we get done and the park isn't open yet (not likely to happen, but still...)? can we still walk around? :confused3

There is a special gate that you go through to enter (and pass everyone waiting to get in). :thumbsup2

You may need your ADR number, but we just told them our name and reservation time, the gate attendant looked at something and let us in.

If you finish before the park "opens" you can go in the stores or wait at one of the "lands" for a rope drop. We did it at Tommorrowland, they had a countdown and walked us over to Buzz with zero line. You can also get some great shots when you arrive of an empty Main St USA. My brother and I were one of the first few people let in a few trips back and we RAN down the street toward the castle. We have a picture of each of us with NO ONE else in front of the castle. Very cool.

I think the other poster noting CP forgot (or didn't know) one of my favorites. Pancakes are made pretty much to order at this breakfast, so they are so fresh. Ask the pancake maker to throw in some chocolate chips for you!!! YUMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!! ::yes::

Getting to the parks before they open sounds cool, but my husband and I really do enjoy sleeping in until at least 10am, so we would want breakfast ressies for later in the day.

Where is a great place to go, where it will still be good at the latest possible ressie time (10:30-11am)?

Boma sounds delicious, Crystal Palace sounds lovely, but we did both of these last year for dinner and we might like to try something new.

I'm getting that Cape May or Chef Mickey's is the place to go? How come no votes for 1900 PF? Is it just that bad?

I need help!! f:confused3

Getting to the parks before they open sounds cool, but my husband and I really do enjoy sleeping in until at least 10am, so we would want breakfast ressies for later in the day.

Where is a great place to go, where it will still be good at the latest possible ressie time (10:30-11am)?

Boma sounds delicious, Crystal Palace sounds lovely, but we did both of these last year for dinner and we might like to try something new.

I'm getting that Cape May or Chef Mickey's is the place to go? How come no votes for 1900 PF? Is it just that bad?

I need help!! f:confused3

We did 1900 Park Fare for dinner on our trip a couple of weeks ago and it was just horrible. I won't try it until DD is older and expresses and interest in the characters.

We did Chef Mickey's for breakfast on our trip and we all loved it. There was a great selection of food and the characters were great! Where we were seated we also had a really nice view of the castle. This has become a must do for us on all our future trips!

1900 Park Fare was our favorite breakfast until our last trip when we went to Tuskar House. 1900 Park Fare made my list because they had made to order omlets, thier famous strawberry soup and bread pudding. The characters were fantastic, but I'm also a huge Alice and Mad Hatter fan. My kids loved Winnie the Pooh and Tigger.

Tuskar House for breakfast was awesome. They had the traditional items (eggs, mickey waffles, etc), put also African-inspired foods that I didn't know what they were, but they were sooo good. I remember the breads being interesting (in a good way) and the juice absolutely yummy. The characters were dressed in safari garb which I loved. It was a really great experience. I'll also mention that I was in a very bad mood before we went in to eat (long story), but I actually left apologizing for complaining earlier and praising them for the meal.

We have not been to Boma for breakfast (only dinner which I liked), but we have been to Chef Mickey's for breakfast. CM at breakfast was okay (food was good but mostly the standard breakfast items), but I liked the others much better. I have been to 1900 Park Fare for dinner as well and prefer its breakfast much more.

Also remember Chef Mickey's is very noisy and chaotic. The food is pretty good but I thought it was like eating in a very busy airport food court.
We always like O'Hana at the Polynesian because every time we've eaten there, the food was awesome. We are not into Lilo & Stitch, though, so the characters were secondary.
The best part about booking a late breakfast (anywhere) is that the place clears out fast and you can get a lot of time with the characters.

Here's why:

I agree!!! IMO, much better than 1900 Park Fare! By the way, breakfast at CP is much better than dinner.

On the deluxe plan I would suggest the Grand Floridian Cafe for the lobster eggs benedict.

If you not using credits I would suggest Kona Cafe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter