Best book?

thereitis

Mouseketeer
I've learnt a lot from these forums - but am thinking I'd like an actual book in hand to read about the parks.

I've not been in about 10 years and never with children. They will be 7,5 and 1.

Which are the best ones out there...there seem to be quite a lot!

thanks!

Unofficial Guide is a favorite.

Never used Passporter but am thinking about it this time.

For me, Unofficial Guide is a great resource, only down side is it's HUGE. On the positive side, it does serve well as a seat for parades! :rotfl2:

Another vote for the Unofficial Guide. I have bought it every year since around 2000 even though it is essentially the same. I just can never resist the new one. Besides, it gives me a a discount on Touring Plans that makes the book about half price. :thumbsup2

We bought Birnbaums's "official guide to Walt Disney World" and it's packed with info

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Another vote for the Unofficial Guide. It's huge, but gets the job done.

We have used all three; passporter, unofficial and official, but hands down the passporter is the favorite. I think its the pockets and the fold out maps :laundy:

We have also read that a lot of others, but if I had to pick one it would be the pass porter. One that we got that was an "off brand" we ended up really liking The Complete Walt Disney World. The others you can get from the library. (if you live near us, you may have gotten out The Complete Walt Disney World because it accidentally got donated :mad:, my bad)

Family has yet to forgive me

Pass porters guide for the maps, pockets, and little ride reviews. Everything else can be found on Disboards.

Big thank you for all the suggestions. I just ordered the passporter and the unofficial guide on Amazon. Can't wait to get reading!

LOVE UOG!!! Amazing book with super helpful info. I buy PassPorter because I love their awesome maps and great ride descriptions, but I think their touring advice is terrible.

Unofficial Guide is hands down the best and easiest to navigate. They also make a full color picture guide as well.

Old post, but silly question...

We are coming with young kids (9 and 5)....so am I better to get
"Unofficial Guide

The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2014 , or
The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World with Kids 2014

(kindle version)

I LOVE Passporter. Never have gone to Disney without the current binder. It's a wonderful way to keep everything organized and to journal your memories of your trip. I also enjoy Birnbaum's books.

Another vote for the Unofficial Guide. I would advise getting the regular Unofficial Guide as opposed to the Unofficial Guide With Kids. I just feel the "with kids" guide is mostly comprised of information from the regular guide. I considered buying both but after leafing through the "with kids" guide at Barnes and Noble, I felt I was fine with just the regular guide.

Old post, but silly question...

We are coming with young kids (9 and 5)....so am I better to get
"Unofficial Guide

The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2014 , or
The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World with Kids 2014

(kindle version)

Get the regular. And then if you have specific questions about touring with kids that weren't answered, then you can come over to the family board and ask over there. There was a section in our edition about touring with kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter