Best book about all the attractions?

torchlight

Earning My Ears
Hello! While our upcoming trip is still a long ways out, I can't help myself from reading, planning, and (admittedly) obsessing about all the details. Here's a question for you. We are planning on keeping the trip a secret from our daughters and sharing the surprise when we get to the airport. I am wondering if there is a good book I could bring with us that they could look at while on the airplane that would show them pictures and information about all the different attractions at WDW? So they can get to know the parks just a little bit better and identify some attractions they would really love to try. There are a lot of WDW books out there - I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion for something great? Thanks!

I believe Birnbaum's is the official guide and it has alot of photos. There are also different editions, including one for kids. It was my DD's favorite book when she was little.

Hello, I would strongly recommend "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World" by Bob Sehlinger. A new edition is published every year. I believe that the 2021 version presently is available and it includes updates about changes and policies due to Covid. I think that the 2022 version is scheduled to be available in December 2021. This guide provides many details about each attraction at WDW, even down to the details like "try to sit at the left of the vehicle to get the best view for this ride..." I should note that that this particular book provides "touring plans" for each park but I have never used them. My philosophy always has been to try to be prepared, but be willing to be flexible when I am there. On YouTube, you can watch videos such as the Point of View (POV) for each ride and for each show.

Also, the overall experience for you and your family (especially for your daughters) may be enhanced greatly if they know beforehand about this trip. As a family, you could determine how you best want to use your time there. This also would relieve burden from you!

I hope that this helps.

The Unofficial Guide and Birnbaum’s Guide are great books. The Unofficial Guide is a very large book, but has lots of great information. There is also one for traveling with kids. Birnbaum’s guides are good too and kids seem to enjoy the children’s guide. You can’t miss with any of these books.

I was just looking at Fodor's Walt Disney World guide and it looks really good with lots of wonderful pictures.

Unofficial Guide if you delight in reading every possible detail about every possible part of your trip...its an OCD's dream! I studied that book from cover to cover about 15 years ago when we took our first trip. It has been written in, highlighted, read and re-read many times. :earboy2:

While I agree that the Unofficial Guide is the best for descriptions and strategies, there are very few pictures if they are important for the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter