Best Birthday Dinners?

TikiTaylor

Earning My Ears
I'm staying in Orlando for a week, just before I start the DCP. My birthday falls on the second day that we'll be there, and I was wondering where the best place for dinner might be? It doesn't have to be fancy as it's just my mother and myself. We're not doing parks, so it would need to be resorts or the springs. We've been to Disney twice in the last two years or so, and we weren't thrilled with buffets but I was hoping for some suggestions! Thanks.

Our three favorite restaurants, that have good food at a reasonable price are:
Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen
Miller's Ale House
Manny's Chop House

All three are chain restaurants, so there are several location around the Orlando area

For a nicer meal my choice would be California Grill at Contemporary. For something more casual, Chef Art Smith's Homecomin at DS.

Just how adventerous are you? I celebrated my 60th birthday at the Crystal Palace. My wife informed our server, as I was up getting my plate filled, that we were celebrating my 60th birthday. When I returned with my food the parade of characters around the restaraunt had just ended. Suddenly an announcement boomed across the entire facility. "Ladies and Gentlemen, we are honored to have a special young man who is celebrating a very special event today. Help us all to wish Mr. Peter Locke a happy 60th birthday as Winnie the Pooh and his friends take Peter on his very own parade around the Crystal Palace. I was suddenly surrounded by all of the characters who pulled me from my seat and off we went on my very own parade. It was the greatest time I have ever had. I felt like a kid again.

We love Trails End and Boma - both feel like fun birthday options.

You could do a wagon ride, campfire, or explore the Fort after Trails End, too!

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I'm a pretty adventurous eater so I'm not bothered by much. I know everyone loves California grill but I'm not sure about the price of it. Trader Sam's might be fun, especially with the Polynesian theming I like so much.

We loved Bongos! We had dinner there this past September and it was one of the best meals we had on our vacation. It has a fun, upbeat vibe with live music and dancing. If you want more fun after dinner then I'd recommend stopping for a cocktail at either The Edison or Jocks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter