• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best bar for late night drinks and wings on the magic?

jeffporfirio

Mouseketeer
As the title states, and being that this will be our first cruise with the kids old enough to put themselves to bed.
I was wondering, what bar does the knowledge base recommend on the Magic for late night drinks and pub fare (wings, nachos, potato skins, etc)?
TIA

Depends what you like, really! O Gills has the typical pub feel, and they have big TV screens to watch sports on. I also often see wings and nachos put out as late night snacks.

Keys is a more upscale cocktail bar you can go to for live jazz/piano music and sipping cocktails/champagne.

Fathoms is basically a club, but it usually hosting activities there so it’s more lively.

I have to say I don’t really go to promenade lounge much at night since it’s not in the after hours area, but I have seen that they put out some snacks there (smaller variety than O Gills) and the atmosphere isn’t as great in my opinion since it’s much more open.

i haven’t seen food out on our last two cruises (September and March), but they may have changed, or will change, by the time you cruise. O’Gills would put out wings and nachos for people to grab at their leisure. Wings are not on the menu to purchase. If you can’t find any, I would suggest ordering from room service, which I‘ve heard are actually pretty yummy, and take them down to the bar of choice.

Unfortunately, I think O'Gills is your only option and it might be just til midnight. We were a little bummed there weren't more options for the late night/adult crowd on our sailing, but I recognize we aren't the main demographic for DCL :laughing:

Thanks to all.
Like I mentioned this will be our 6th DCL, but the first with kids old enough, that they can put themselves to bed.

Unfortunately, I think O'Gills is your only option and it might be just til midnight. We were a little bummed there weren't more options for the late night/adult crowd on our sailing, but I recognize we aren't the main demographic for DCL :laughing:

Thanks! I think midnight is as late we go anyways (what a drag it is getting old!)

i haven’t seen food out on our last two cruises (September and March), but they may have changed, or will change, by the time you cruise. O’Gills would put out wings and nachos for people to grab at their leisure. Wings are not on the menu to purchase. If you can’t find any, I would suggest ordering from room service, which I‘ve heard are actually pretty yummy, and take them down to the bar of choice.

Thanks for the 'wings from room-service' tip. I'm all for good wings!

The Magic may be different, but on the Wonder last week the pub had late night snacks from 10:30-11:30. It did vary, but there were wings, mozzarella sticks, corn dog bites, jalapeno poppers, cut veggies, small sandwiches and wraps and bite size desserts.

How early does the pub open? No I'm not an early drinker! I just love the atmosphere of an British style pub and we will be on the Wonder in July. Are the pubs, longest only open at night?

The pub venue on each ship is open all day because that’s where you can go to watch sports on television.

What age can they put themself to bed?! I have a toddler and a newborn right now so that seems like an impossible dream lol
I'm right there with you with DS3, but DD6 has started brushing her teeth and putting on her PJs when we say it's bedtime, so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter