Best Bahamas excursions?

ColoradoDisneyFan

Mouseketeer
Our family is going on a three-day cruise in March. What would be the best excursions for a family with two children (ages 6 and 9)? Any and all advice is appreciated!!!

:cool:

Goto the Atlantis Hotel on Paradise Island and do the "Dig" tour (Atlantis and aquarium) The aquarium is pretty spetacular or just spend the day on the ship. We didn't care for Nassau to much.

Stay on the ship would be my advice too. We wernt off the ship for 30 minutes and I was approached by countless hair braiders (no thanks, Im not particular to lice), men walking by and not stopping, but casually asking if we wanted to buy drugs.
Nassau was a dirty place. With all the spaces at the straw market, you only have to go to the first 5 boothes, everyone else has the same things. Straw bags with your name sewn into them, some have mickey on them...shell neclaces, tshirts, hats ect...
But they bartered the price and that was cool. My husband loved that part. We paid half the asking price for everything we bought.
I just wasnt impressed with Nassua at all.
Id actually rather take a cruise that didnt stop there.
My last cruise wasnt scheduled to go there, but due to Hurrican Michelle we did and skipped Cozumel instead.

Oh..and my moms friends took a cab in Nassua. Id suggest taking just the vans.....they took a run down car. Turned out it wasnt a cab driver. He took them to some remote area, took their money, cameras and jewlery and left them there.

I dont know how cheap it is...but maybe rent a room at the Marriott (I think its the Marriott) but whatever hotel is part of Paradise Island. Only hotel guests can use the pool with the water slide that has the sharks on the side of it.

Yes, I agree about Nassau! Dirty and hair braiders everywhere. Stay on the ship there or else book a Blue Lagoon Island day at the Beach. That was fun. Check and see what age can go to Stingray City and snorkel with the stingrays. I know it sounds dangerous for kids, but it was really FUN and safe. Stingray City is at Blue Lagoon Island.

Book a room at Comfort Suites, which is across the street from Atlantis, and far cheaper. You won't even visit the room, but you'll get vouchers that can be exchanged for wristbands at Atlantis that give you the run of the place. Their walk-thru aquarium, The Dig, is cool, but their mini-water park is even better. Several slides, lots of pools, a mini-bay, a beach, grottos, waterfalls, a tube ride through a shark tank, lots of lounge chairs, good service, and the place is very nice and clean, unlike the rest of Nassau. Atlantis was the hilight of our trip, so much so that we are looking to return and spend a long weekend there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter