• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best bag I've ever used in the parks - Maxexpedition

melancholywings

Drinking by the pool
Howdy howdy,

Posting in the hope that this helps someone. I've tried various bags on our trips, usually I end up having to carry two separate bags - a purse and a backpack to carry my SLR. It's such a pain. But for Christmas my husband bought me a Maxexpedition versipack bag in pink (I'm a pink girl) and it's the best bag I've ever traveled with. I got a ton of comments on it.

It's padded on the back, my ipad fits in the back pocket, my SLR fits inside it. It has a water bottle holder that fits my camelback bottle perfectly, and there are lots of other pockets to hold other necessities like my phone, my daughters insulin pump. Plus even with all that crap I was able to put my hoodie in it as well. And it fit in the under seat bins. First time in the parks I didn't feel like I was a mule...:)

This is what it looks like:

http://www.amazon.com/Maxpedition-0...1360626088&sr=8-4&keywords=maxpedition+fatboy

Thanks for sharing! DD is traveling to Europe this summer and will need something like this...does the pack part of it sit on your side/hip or behind you? TIA

Thanks for sharing! DD is traveling to Europe this summer and will need something like this...does the pack part of it sit on your side/hip or behind you? TIA

I wore mine at the hip a crossed one shoulder, or sometimes pushed slightly to the back or front. I found it really easy to access it while wearing it. My husband wore his cross body at the hip. The velcro is military grade and they also make and sell small pouches that attach to it. The pocket on the side where I kept my phone and small wallet has double zippers so you could lock it together if necessary. Like if you were worried about pickpockets. There's also a strap with velcro that goes a crossed and secures the water bottle in. I didn't think it felt any heavier when the water bottle was full vs. empty.

Hope that helps.

melancholywings said:
I wore mine at the hip a crossed one shoulder, or sometimes pushed slightly to the back or front. I found it really easy to access it while wearing it. My husband wore his cross body at the hip. The velcro is military grade and they also make and sell small pouches that attach to it. The pocket on the side where I kept my phone and small wallet has double zippers so you could lock it together if necessary. Like if you were worried about pickpockets. There's also a strap with velcro that goes a crossed and secures the water bottle in. I didn't think it felt any heavier when the water bottle was full vs. empty.

Hope that helps.

Thanks! Very helpful and was interested in the locking zipper aspect. We did notice pickpocket peep in France, especially on crowded Metro trains. This sounds like it would be ideal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter