Best Arcade in WDW...

OlyWaguy

Needs more leg room!!
I like to hang out at the room in the middle of the day and sometimes roam over to play at the arcades (ususally at POPS). I was wondering what the best arcade was at the World.
I'm really into pinball and some of the older games such as Galaxian and Asteroids. I also love the idea of putting all your CREDITS onto a card instead of loading down my shorts with half a ton of quarters. Is POPS the best place? :confused3

I love pinball too! The best arcade used to be the Food and Fun Center at the Contemporary, but now that it is gone I think it is probably the arcade at the Yacht and Beach Club. There you will find a Pirates of the Caribbean and a Roller Coaster Tycoon pinball machine. I've spent a few thunderstorms in there!

Melissa

The arcade at the Contemporary is now on the 4th floor in the old Fantasia store. Yes the new location is not as big as the old one, however it still has a lot of the same games that was in the old location.

I like to hang out at the room in the middle of the day and sometimes roam over to play at the arcades (ususally at POPS). I was wondering what the best arcade was at the World.
I'm really into pinball and some of the older games such as Galaxian and Asteroids. I also love the idea of putting all your CREDITS onto a card instead of loading down my shorts with half a ton of quarters. Is POPS the best place? :confused3

Would it be silly to suggest the best arcade at the World is in DisneyQuest? They have all the old games that you like.

Would it be silly to suggest the best arcade at the World is in DisneyQuest? They have all the old games that you like.

Okay, I am probably the only 47 year old that has visited DQ solo. . .and LOVED it. .built my own coaster, rafted down a river, rode a dirt bike. . .played some sort of bumper shoot out. .. oh and NEVER paid a dime more than my admission price. . .so, I agree with you. . .

Okay, I am probably the only 47 year old that has visited DQ solo. . .and LOVED it. .built my own coaster, rafted down a river, rode a dirt bike. . .played some sort of bumper shoot out. .. oh and NEVER paid a dime more than my admission price. . .so, I agree with you. . .

I loved the build your own coaster, along with all the other old games like Joust, Galaga, Missile Command. DQ is a lot of fun. I hope it stays open.

I loved the build your own coaster, along with all the other old games like Joust, Galaga, Missile Command. DQ is a lot of fun. I hope it stays open.

I hope it does too. . .there was so much fun to be had there. . .my son and I will definitely visit in August. . .thank god it is only PI clubs that are closing in September at this point. . .but I will miss Adventurers Club. . .

I hope it does too. . .there was so much fun to be had there. . .my son and I will definitely visit in August. . .thank god it is only PI clubs that are closing in September at this point. . .but I will miss Adventurers Club. . .

Yes, I will miss Adventurer's Club too. I took my wife and daughters there last year and while they were skeptical going in (I don't think I explained the concept too well) they were huge fans when we left. We had a lot of good laughs in there.

The only arcades we have used at WDW that I can remember are the CB, Y&BC, OKW, and the Poly and DQ. Of course, DQ has the largest selection of attractions and other things to do than the traditional pinball machines, but my DS (almost 16) does enjoy spending time in the arcade at Y&BC. It is pretty large. We just tried the one at the Poly for the first time last year, and although he likes the Y&BC one the best so far (other than DQ), he did enjoy the Poly arcade.

Have fun!! :)

fyi, the two pinball machines at the Y&BC were not working properly when we went this past may. one was old (flippers were soooooo slow, many lighted areas dark, some bumpers not "bumping).
resigned ourselves to share the other one (pirates, i believe) & it went totally dark after 2 games. we tried plugging it back in, the attendant tried messing with it...no life at all.

we were really looking foward to some good pinball :sad1: (we have a machine at home, & it's a fave pasttime of ours ~pinball's one of the very, very few games i'm really good at. guess the bar years paid off:rolleyes1 ).
they had some nice machines available at the DVC summer block party, across from the DJ booth ~ not sure what the building is at other times, but there were quite a few arcade style games there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter