• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best and Worst Wedding Songs

The last wedding I went to was my youngest niece's. Her Dad danced with her to I Loved Her First by Heartland, and we were all crying. To Sir With Love isn't a song that comes immediately to mind for a father/daughter dance, but I like it, yeah. It fits.
Sorry, hit wrong key. New post below.

I Loved Her First - was also my daughter's father/daughter dance song. It was a perfect fit. Son and I danced to "My Wish For You" at his wedding. I did not know either of the songs the wedding couples danced to because they were songs special to them and not my genre. But lovely.

I didn't know people still did line dances at weddings. Yikes!

I went to a wedding in the 90s and they had “ I will Always LoveYou”. I have alway wondered why this song is a popular wedding song. It is a song about someone leaving and saying goodbye,

Yeah, it's like when people play "Born in the USA" for a Fourth of July celebration as if it is some kind of patriotic anthem. It's like, have you listened to any of the lyrics other than the chorus?

As much as I dislike this band, anything by Abba seems to get everyone excited, from the kids to the grandparents.

I personally like Get Low by Lil Jon, but that needs to be played later in the night.

My brother & my mother danced to Evil Woman by ELO at his wedding. They got some interesting looks but the song had a fun backstory for my brother & mom so it was the perfect song!
When our son got married this summer the kids had the DJ play it and I've got a video of each of the 5 grandson's taking turns dancing with grandmom to Evil Woman ::yes:: they each kept breaking into the other one dancing with her, it was fun to watch!

Won't lie...I have no idea what my husband and I danced to at our wedding. I just plain old don't remember!

I went to a wedding in the 90s and they had “ I will Always LoveYou”. I have always wondered why this song is a popular wedding song. It is a song about someone leaving and saying goodbye,

I would guess that with most songs people don't know all the words or whatever story it is telling, they just like the memorable tune because it is popular. Some lyrics can also be interpreted to mean more then one thing. Music at most weddings I have been at are more about what tunes are currently popular as well as the age of the bride/groom and type of music they enjoy.

Ones where they expect everyone to get up and dance like some sort of audience participation thing or form a long chain tend to be the most annoying.

This version of Foo Fighters, "Everlong" is an absolute classic first dance song;

This was ours;
Crowded House, "Don't Dream it's Over"

This version of Foo Fighters, "Everlong" is an absolute classic first dance song;

This was ours;
Crowded House, "Don't Dream it's Over"
So, that version of Everlong is wild, I've never heard it and I really love it. But as a first dance song? How would someone dance to it? It's way too fast for a slow dance; how do you envision that?

This is so interesting to me that you said country roads. I have never in the States heard Country Roads at a wedding. then I went to a wedding in Ireland and it was a huge deal when they played it.
I've been hearing it played a little more often at weddings that I've seen online, but, to be fair, mainly in more rural areas.

So, that version of Everlong is wild, I've never heard it and I really love it. But as a first dance song? How would someone dance to it? It's way too fast for a slow dance; how do you envision that?

I've been hearing it played a little more often at weddings that I've seen online, but, to be fair, mainly in more rural areas.
I think he even said on that video it's the first time he ever tried it acoustic. KROQ in So Cal had him come in and record a slower version they could give to listeners who asked because they got so many requests and the Foo Fighters had not released an acoustic version on any album (but they may have by now).

This is my favorite first dance song. Waltz #2.

There was really no other that could top that.

Although Waltz of the Flowers is pretty nice too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter