Best (and worst) stroller rental company

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Grandparent here who's going to be renting a stroller for the first time in February. Any recommendations? I saw that one company allows you to pick up and return the stroller at the airport. What are the pros and cons of doing that? Also, if you pick up the stroller at the resort. do you have to be there? Or do the rental companies allow you to get and return your stroller to bell services?

Only 1 vendor is allowed to utilize Bell Services at WDW resorts — ScooterBug. Any other vendor will arrange to meet you in person for both pick-up and return at the resort.

I rented through Scooterbug as I fly at weird times sometimes and it's just easier to have it dropped off and picked up at bell services. I also didn't want to lug a double stroller to/from the airport if I didn't have to.

Orlando Stroller rental rents at MCO. They’ve been around a long time and have a good reputation. I haven’t personally used them but I think you’d be fine using them. The Britax B Lively would be better for 3 and under. The Citi Mini GT2 would be better for 3-6 yr olds, or taller parents because the handle is adjustable. The advantage of picking up at the airport is you have the stroller right away to push the kids to the room or head straight to the parks. The downside is you have to transport the stroller to the hotel - if you’re renting a car trunk space may be an issue. I usually rent Citi minis from Kingdom Strollers out of habit but you do have to meet them at the hotel to get the strollers so it’s arguably less convenient if you’re flying in.

We've used Orlando Stroller Rentals and had a great experience. Picking up at the airport was nice because I didn't have to schedule a time to meet them at the resort. They are not allowed to leave the stroller with bell services anymore, you have to physically meet them and take the stroller. The airport pick-up/drop-off counter is on the same level as Sunshine Flyer and Mears so it was super convenient to grab the stroller and go. They had the best price when we booked over the summer and we just booked them again for Thanksgiving.

I have rented from Orlando Stroller Rentals twice and both experiences were wonderful. They dropped off the stroller off and picked up the stroller from bell services at Swan/Dolphin and I didn't have to be present.

We have always used Kingdom Strollers. We did not have to be present when they drop/pick it up at our off-site hotel.

They also always answer their phone which was a lifesaver when our flight was late and we had to change hotels last minute.

We also used Orlando Stroller on our last trip since we now need a double stroller but have no need for one at home. We stayed at the Swan so they used bell services. They were great, reasonably priced and awesome communication. We had to rearrange our travel dates the day we were heading to Disney because of massive storms. I text them and they replied quickly and kindly adjusted our reservation without additional fees. I think if I was staying at Disney I would have opted for pick up at the airport to minimize losing time and stressing out meeting the delivery. I look at it as I am dragging that thing everywhere and on lots of busses, what is one more? Plus with mears or sunshine flyer it goes underneath vs holding it on Disney theme park bus transportation.

I’ve used Kingdom and Orlando. Both were good experiences and I wouldn’t hesitate to use either again.

I've always used Kingdom Strollers. Now you do it at the airport and it was very easy.

Looking at Orlando Stroller for the convenience of picking up / dropping off at airport but where would you attach a stroller fan since there is no middle bar? Also any recommendations for a fan? Haven't used a stroller at Disney in over 30 years but going with grandkids next summer and will need one.

What type of stroller are you renting? We usually clipped them to the side or the canopy, but we had fans that had an adjustable arm so you could adjust them.

Looking at city mini stroller but all the fans that I had seen on Amazon have 3 prongs that wrap around a bar - would that type work? Could you attach to the side frame? When I did use a stroller I had a clip on fan but it always seemed to fall off ( but I assume they have improved them in 30 years)

We used a clip on type... maybe read some amazon reviews on the clip-on ones to see if they've improved? Ours was a heavy duty 02cool brand. I'm not super familiar with the city mini... if there is a gap between the frame and the seating fabric you could probably wrap it on the side.

Does anyone have experience with ScooterBug stroller rental? I like the fact that it can be left at bell services.

Does anyone have experience with ScooterBug stroller rental? I like the fact that it can be left at bell services.

I rented with them last year. It was a fairly unremarkable experience, i picked the stroller, they dropped it off at bell services and I left it at bell services before leaving for the airport.

I have them booked again for this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter