Best and Worst Cocktails at Walt Disney World Properties

What is the best and the worst cocktail you have had on Disney property?

I have recently returned from WDW.

The best cocktail I had on this recent trip was at the refurbished Steakhouse 71 Lounge, formerly The Wave, in the Disney Contemporary Resort.
I had one of the restaurants new specialty cocktails called the Raspberry Gin Sour, made with Tanqueray Gin, lemon juice, and an in-house made raspberry and sage simple syrup. The drink was very gin forward, just as I like, and not too sweet. I was surprises by the bright pink-red color of the drink when the mixologist placed the drink in front of me at the bar. You would think the bright color would indicate a sweet drink, but it was not too sweet at all. The subtle flavors of raspberry and sage were delicate and delicious. We stopped by late one weeknight for a drinks and appetizers after leaving the Magic Kingdom theme park. And yes, we again selected and sampled the famous Bacon & Eggs appetizer! The lounge staff was wonderful -- served up great drinks, accommodated requests for delicious appetizers, and provided entertaining conversation. Everything you would expect in a late night stop for a drink.

Check out the Steakhouse 71 specialty drinks and appetizers here:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/contemporary-resort/steakhouse-71/menus/dinner/I have other specialty cocktails from this lounge on my must try list for a future visit to the Steakhouse 71 Lounge.

Other great cocktails were had at the Space 220 Lounge, The Hollywood Brown Derby restaurant, and at Citricos in the Grand Floridian Resort.

The worst cocktail I had on this recent trip was at The House of Blues in Disney Springs. This restaurant and bar looks like a fun place to stop for a drink and we had this place on our must visit list. I ordered a Crossroads Cadillac Margarita. It tasted mostly like sour mix and I believe the barkeep forgot to add the tequila!?!
And yes, I know, it is hard to compare any margarita at WDW to one you can order from the Epcot Mexico Pavilion Choza de Margarita kiosk or the Frontera Cocina Restaurant.

Has anyone ever taken a sip of a cocktail you ordered and requested your money back?

Last edited:
Best: Mai Tai at Ale & Compass
Margarita in Mexico pavilion
Grey goose slushy in France
Blueberry martini at Shula’s (so good)

Worse: cucumber cocktail at California grill
Watermelon cocktail at Le Cellier (literally, I doubt there was a drop of alcohol in it)
Blackberry cocktail at Yachtsman

We are more wine drinkers, but I do remember a few. Favorites: Sonoma Maple Bourbon Old Fashioned from California Grill; Sakurajima (Kaiyo Japanese Whisky Sour with Smoked Cherrywood) from Takumi-Tei in Japan (SO sad it hasn’t reopened); and a cocktail at Three Bridges at Coronado called the Amaretto de Veraño that they don’t have anymore 😭.
Bad: I’m not a fan of the Avocado Margarita in the Mexico pavilion. But I don’t like melon so I should have known. Also, I had a spiked coffee drink at The Wave that was just so sweet and didn’t have even the hint of alcohol taste.

Ooh, man, I like this thread! Last time I went to Disney was when I worked there and was underage. I'm so excited to come back as an old lady 20 years later, lmao.
But the cost of cocktails being what the are, I'm a bit daunted. I'd love suggestions, particularly for Oga's, Space 220, and basically anywhere in Epcot, especially the special 50th and art fest cocktails!

Outer Rim and Jedi Mind Trick are my favorites at Oga’s. Friends have done the Fuzzy Tauntaun for the experience but kinda found it a one and done. I’m a fan of the Pina Loca at La Cava at EPCOT and a shot of mezcal with a side of toasted grasshoppers is always fun! Friends have enjoyed that avocado margarita fan favorite. It’s good too imho but I’m not so much into frozen drinks.

Fun thread!

Favorites:
Whiskey Breeze at Territory Lounge
Strawberry Fields Mimosa at Raglan Road
Firefly Margarita at Nomad Lounge - This one was a special they had when the 50th celebration began. I'm not sure if it's still around.

Worst:
Amaro Highball at Steakhouse 71
Italian Manhattan (part of the seasonal martini flight last Dec) at Geyser Point
La Cava Avocado at La Cava del Tequila - I had high hopes for this drink as I love margaritas and this one had great reviews, but I hated it.

Any recommendations for gin-based cocktails? Our dining plans include Tiffins, Le Cellier, California Grill, Narcoosees and Homecomin, plus a couple of trips to Oga's, and the AbracadaBAR since we're staying at Boardwalk.

My suggestion is to enjoy the ambiance at Oga's, the drinks are...😅
Agree!
The cocktails were questionable when Oga's first opened.
Last visit in May 2023 the cocktails were even worse.
Best described as a sugar bombs!

Visit Oga's for the Star Wars ambience and fun music.
Order one of the non-alcoholic drink options and save yourself some cash.

Visited Animal Kingdom recently and enjoyed an African Margarita at Dawa Bar.
(Truth be told, I enjoyed more than one during my vacation.)

Dare I say . . . it was better (and less expensive) than the Top Shelf Margarita from the Mexican pavilion at Epcot.
Have you tasted and enjoyed the African Margarita at Animal Kingdom?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter