• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best amusement parks

old lady

DIS Veteran
I heard that Disney world and Disneyland ranked fifth and seventh in a national survey for best amusement parks yet Cedar point ranked #1 Why and who were surveyed?

I have always lived within an hour of Cedar Point and unless you are a coaster freak most people we know don't go. I have to admit I am older now. It has always been lauded as a great coaster park. It is beautiful around here. We have decent weather most of the summer and the area has grown up to support the park quite well.

Perhaps they also consider the length of time waiting in lines and food options, hotel options, etc. I'm sure you can find anything you want on google. Have fun.

Has this year's been posted somewhere yet?

I looked through last years winners and they really do like Dollywood. I have been told by coaster enthusiasts that Cedar Point is the place to go.

I have to admit that other than Disney the only other parks I have heard of are 6 Flags & Dollywood.
Only heard of Cedar Point a few times here on the DisBoards.
Sure I know that there are other parks out there but truthfully how many are as well known as Disney??
Being well known wouldn't necessarily make it the best but I too wonder just who was surveyed and how?

Has this year's been posted somewhere yet?

I looked through last years winners and they really do like Dollywood. I have been told by coaster enthusiasts that Cedar Point is the place to go.

this years winners will be announced on the 6&7 of this month.

willowsnn3 if you go to the FAQ it will tell you who votes. :thumbsup2

As usual, the original poster has stated that she has "heard" something and has not provided any link. This is her pattern.

(Also she will probably never post to this thread again.)

I can see why CP would get ranked #1. You have to figure, most people probably rank based on thrill/rides, and CP can't be beat in that arena. They have the most rides/coasters, have broken tons of world records, and consistently have two of the top ranked coasters in the world.

Yes, Disney is fun, but the thrill isn't there. It takes a lot more time, energy, planning and expense. Yeah, it's bigger, themed, immersive, more food and shows...but I think *most* people still think of it as a kids only thing. I'm not sure I even think of the Disney parks as amusement parks, really. I guess when I think of an amusement park, I think of something more like CP, Six Flags, etc. Little day trips, lots of rides. Disney, to me, is more of a destination/total vacation (if that makes any sense, lol).

I think the key word here is amusement park. I don't think of Disney as an amusement park to me it is more of a theme park or a vacation destination. CP is a true amusement park. You can do most of it in a day, lots of great rides (roller coasters can't be beat), and nice location on Lake Erie.

Disney can't be done in one day where as most of the other parks listed can be.

I think the key word here is amusement park. I don't think of Disney as an amusement park to me it is more of a theme park or a vacation destination. CP is a true amusement park. You can do most of it in a day, lots of great rides (roller coasters can't be beat), and nice location on Lake Erie.

Disney can't be done in one day where as most of the other parks listed can be.

This sums it up well. Cedar Point is an incredible amusement park for thrill rides. Disney can't even come close. (In thrills, that is). Disney, to me and probably many, is a vacation destination with better than anywhere worlds to visit. I don't think of it is an amusement park at all, but rather place I'd like to never leave, LOL.

With that said, outside of Disney, I also think Busch Gardens, particularly Williamsburg, is a fantastic combination of both types of park. Some great coasters and flat rides along with an absolutely gorgeous park in general. Love it there. It's probably my families favorite vacation destination outside of Orlando.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter