Best advice for taking a baby?

jenmsmith

DIS Veteran
We are heading to Universal soon with our family. We have three boys ages 17, 15, and 11 and a daughter who is 9 months old. We’ve been to Universal before, but never with anyone too small to ride height-restricted rides. We’ll have EP for two days of our four day trip and are staying at Cabana Bay. We’ve already taken her to WDW, so I know how that works and how it affects our touring there. What about at Universal? Any special tips or strategies?

Go to a lot of shows. There's very few rides that she can go on. However, there is plenty that she can still do.

Also, you have child swap, which is nice. You wait in line like everyone else, but when it comes time to get on the ride you wait in the child swap area with the baby (or child), while other members of your party ride. Once they are done, you are then able to go onto the ride immediately without having to wait.

I believe every ride has child swap now, but always check Universal's website, or map just in case. I would imagine if they do not have child swap, it's probably a ride she can go on.

We took our grand daughter at that age. We really didn't do anything with her other than the merry go round. Using child swap is very efficient at Universal. Everyone is in line together and then someone stays with the baby in the baby swap room. It is much easier than child swap at Disney as you actually all stay together until ride time. Then the older kids get to ride twice and quickly instead of having to waste time with the second party getting in the fastpass line like at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter