Best 2 TS Credit Restaurant?

Monorail_Man_NJ

DIS Veteran
I splurged this year and picked up the Deluxe Dining plan. One day Im going to try a Signature Restaurant and use the 2TS credits.

2 part question:

1) Out of Jiko or Tiffins which is better?
2) For those that have used Disney Dining Plan was it worth the 2 credits.

Im only considering those two because I will be at Animal Kingdom area for those nights. Have also dined at California Grill before.

* Currently have a Tiffins reservation *

I've enjoyed Jiko, Yachtsman and Brown Derby. Although Brown Derby was a cheat as I had a quick out of pocket lunch of the cobb salad and grapefruit cake for dessert.

Is it a good value or good monetary use of your dining credits? When on regular Dining Plan, no. Your credits stretch more on 2 1 credit TS meals. If you have the Deluxe Dining Plan, then 2 credit TS dining is likely the reason you purchased the more $ plan.

I loved Jiko but enjoyed before last year's chef change. Sanaa at sister Kidani Village is a 1 credit TS meal and you have some of the same flavour and atmosphere. Food excellent at Sanaa.

Yachtsman was very good but once was enough. If you have a good, high end steak house in your city or neighbourhood, then you have had this experience.

If I was tempted to burn 2 TS credits now, it would be on California Grill.

I splurged this year and picked up the Deluxe Dining plan. One day Im going to try a Signature Restaurant and use the 2TS credits.

2 part question:

1) Out of Jiko or Tiffins which is better?
2) For those that have used Disney Dining Plan was it worth the 2 credits.

Im only considering those two because I will be at Animal Kingdom area for those nights. Have also dined at California Grill before.

* Currently have a Tiffins reservation *

Tried Tiffin's twice now and both meals were disappointing and I do not think worth the 2 credits. Also, depending on the time of year you are going, you may not feel like having a big meal while still in the park.

Love Jiko, and I agree with the PP that is the best restaurant on property outside of Victoria and Albert. Plus, if you are not already staying there, dining at Jiko allows you to enjoy the beautiful AKL.

Last edited:

Tiffin's was very average when we went. People here rave about it so I'm thinking of giving it a second chance. We love Yachtsman, go at least once every trip. We also love Jiko. I think the DxDP is great for a breakfast buffet and signature dinner - I have done the math several times and we have always saved hundreds of dollars on the DxDP with a buffet breakfast/signature dinner as our plan most days.

Both are really good but I'd give the edge to Jiko. It is a wow!

If you have deluxe DP then you can do more than 1 signature, no? It's so hard to do 3 meals at Disney. We've had deluxe DP before and we'd do one TS for late breakfast or early lunch and a signature TS for dinner.

Tiffin's was very average when we went. People here rave about it so I'm thinking of giving it a second chance. We love Yachtsman, go at least once every trip. We also love Jiko. I think the DxDP is great for a breakfast buffet and signature dinner - I have done the math several times and we have always saved hundreds of dollars on the DxDP with a buffet breakfast/signature dinner as our plan most days.

This is what we do also. I am sure there are people that do three meals a day, but that would be so time-consuming. Plus, if I was full from lunch, I might not enjoy the signature dinner as much.

Haven't dined at Jiko but I'll give some love to Tiffins. I did 7 Sigs on the Deluxe Plan last September and it was my second favorite that I ate at. My server was awesome and the food was prepared and presented beautifully.

I have only been to Tiffins once (and it was very good; probably the best in-park meal ever). I've eaten at Jiko many times and it has always been excellent. Among the Disney-owned restaurants, Jiko is one of the best. If there was a Jiko here in Chicago, it would probably be in my regular dining rotation. There are very few other WDW Signatures that I can put in this category.

On DxDP, I agree with the others who do a 1TS character breakfast or lunch and then a Signature for dinner (or an early Signature lunch and a high-value 1TS dinner). Three TS meals per day on DxDP is just too much food now that I'm an old geezer. Actually, I rarely do a DP anymore, since many of my faves are not on the plan.

Last edited:
Jiko and Tiffins were the two best meals I had on my last trip. Both were worth the credits, and it was a nice perk to get the reserved seating for Rivers of Light with my Tiffins meal.

I’ve noticed that the Tiffins menu has changed a lot since my visit. It looks like they’re trying to cater to more conservative palates. Bummer.

If you must choose, I’d say Jiko. But I’m a bigger proponent of trying both.

Jiko is excellent, Tiffins is good. Cant speak to the dining pan worth since we use Tables in Wonderland instead of the dining plan.

I love Jiko and also think that Tiffins is excellent as well. But with that said, I would have to go with Jiko if picking between the two. Jiko is in my top 3 restaurants in WDW.

I use the DxDP most of the time when we go to WDW and whether it's worth it is subjective, but for me, I say yes. How we use it though is for either a character breakfast and then a signature dinner (2TS) or an early lunch and then a late signature dinner. Trying to sit down for three meals is a bit much for me. That and I love most of the signature restaurants in WDW.

While I really enjoy Tiffins and Jiko, Jiko is by far the better restaurant by a huge margain.
We rarely use the DDP, but yes, it owuld be worth the 2 dining credits.
For us, Jiko is nearly a must do every visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter